Small questions v.10002

Angalin

Very well answered.

Here's a hypothetical one. Had the War of Five Kings never happened, and Tywin and Tyrion were removed from succession for other reasons, then would Cersei have inherited the Title "Warden of the West" in an entirely symbolic role? Although it's a military title and women are never seen leading armies under Robert, the fact that the Targaryens had warrior-women leads me to think that it may be precedented and perhaps an archaic tradition that women can have the title "Warden."

Would that be the case?

Well technically that's down to the king (Tommen or whoever it is in your scenario) as we saw when Robert took the title of Warden of The East from Robert Arryn. As King Bob said, the warden title is not hereditary and "a sickly boy cannot hold the east". So no, I don't see Cersei getting the title along with The Rock. In your scenario, it would almost certainly go to Jaime, Kevan or Daven.

Well technically that's down to the king (Tommen or whoever it is in your scenario) as we saw when Robert took the title of Warden of The East from Robert Arryn. As King Bob said, the warden title is not hereditary and "a sickly boy cannot hold the east". So no, I don't see Cersei getting the title along with The Rock. In your scenario, it would almost certainly go to Jaime, Kevan or Daven.

That makes sense.

In fact, with the Lannisters on the Throne, it'd make extra sense to give the Title to someone else. It'd ensure that more of their family has special titles.

I was asked the other day if Daario was dead. I didn't remember him dying and I just looked up the thread Daario and Dany started by JKeats awhile back and Apple Martini stated the same idea I had that it wasn't him who was flung over the walls but plague invested individuals used to create biological warfare. Is Daario dead?

I was asked the other day if Daario was dead. I didn't remember him dying and I just looked up the thread Daario and Dany started by JKeats awhile back and Apple Martini stated the same idea I had that it wasn't him who was flung over the walls but plague invested individuals used to create biological warfare. Is Daario dead?

Well I was afraid he had been flung over the wall especially because it seemed odd to fling diseased corpses into a city already infected. But I have been told it is diseased corpses. so we shall see. Also there are only 3 hostages. The war is happening so I am not sure the hostages have a lot of value to the Yunkai now.

Minor correction: Cersei came between Tyrion and Lancel - daughters do inherit, just after the sons. As Tyrion is an attainted criminal, he was removed from the succession (pending his potential triumphant return of course), so Cersei got the Rock when Tywin died and is indeed named the "Lady of Casterly Rock" in the appendix of Dance.

As you said, afterwards it's Martyn, Janei, Tyrek, Tywin "Ty", Willem, Lyonel, Red Walder - I think that's as far as we know for sure, cause we don't know the exact relation of the Stafford-branch, Damion-branch and Margot-branch to the main branch.

LOL- that's quite a major correction! :blushing:

FTR- I was misled by the wiki, which while it does call Cersei "Lady of the Rock" also states that Tyrion is "the rightful Lord of Casterley Rock" (I guess that would be pending his triumphant return, as you noted) Of course I had forgotten that in AFFC Kevan did acknowledge Cersei's title as the heir. But that raises the interesting question of Myrcella- if daughters are in the line of succession wouldn't she be ahead of Martyn? Also, was Cersei required to drop "Baratheon" and would Myrcella (and her future husband) also need to use Lannister as is the case with the Arryn (and I think we are given other examples as well) succession?

Archived