Starting ASOIAF wiki on Serbian

Mladen

Me and some of my friends would like to start a ASOIAF wiki on Serbian. Can anyone please help me with what I need, and how would it be best to do it? I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Me and some of my friends would like to start a ASOIAF wiki on Serbian. Can anyone please help me with what I need, and how would it be best to do it? I would really appreciate it. Thanks

What kind of help do you need? I know a bit about templates so if you need help in that area I can do it.

It`s more legalities. Can I use any photo for uncomercial purposes? I mean sigils, photos from show etc. Also, how to connect with other wikis of ASOIAF (English, French, Polish etc).

Also, thank you for offering help. You are most kind.

The usual conditions under which the content of wiki itself is released are attribution (say where you got it) and share a like (free for use including derivate works if these are released under the same license).

As people expect this to be standard of a wiki you should for each image on your wikii clarify their copyright status. We use this template to describe the copyrigh status

A few general remarks:

• Most images of other wikis are released under the conditions described above (attribution and share a like). There are some exceptions so check the image page
  • Images from the show can be assume to fall under the fair use license: limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders.Used to be able to comment and describe the work. Also keep in mind if your use would have commercially negative impact. For instance showing a complete episode is not fair use
  • The best way is to ask the copyright holder. On our wiki we have lots of images that we are allowed to show thought the copyright remains with the artist. Most artist can can be easily approached (on deviant art for instance) and are happy to give their permission

For interlinks:

• Interwiki links are set in the interwiki table of the database.
  • To modify these, you will need to edit the database, as below.
  • You might prefer to install an Interwiki extension, which eases the process.[1]

As Wikipedia isn't set up by default prior to version 1.10, you might want to add it (and other projects that you desire).

The examples below show how to set up w: as a link to the English Wikipedia.

The idea is to insert a line of the form:

('prefix', 'URL format string', 1, 0)

into the interwiki table.

• 2 months later...

Archived