Marya Seaworth and The Golden Company

not in the face

Do you think the GC will do anything with her since they are all over Cape Wrath? She makes for a good hostage should they find out who she is.

I don't see how they could figure that out. She is just as low-born as her husband, so there's nothing to pick her out as significant.

Even if they knew that Davos have become Stannis' Hand and most trusted advisor, they'd still have to connect her to him. No easy thing considering he almost never use his House name, as he either goes by Ser Davos or the Onion Knight. The name "Seaworth" just isn't particularly well known, especially as it's been founded after the end of Robert's Rebellion. There's no reason for the soldiers to think that it's more than yet another knightly house no one has ever heard of. "House Seaworth, never heard of it?" seems like the most likely reaction from the Golden Company.

With the world believing Davos to be executed, would it matter even if they knew?

• 4 months later...

Since Davos should already be officially dead, there would be no reason to consider Marya or Stannis/Steffon valuable hostages. Especially as Aegon is not going to meet Stannis in battle in the foreseeable future. But I'm quite sure that Haldon and Connington know exactly who Marya Seaworth is and who Davos 'was', let alone Varys and Illyrio.

All Marya has should be a small keep and some land. Davos' rise to Lord of the Rainwood was never realized, so she should not be particularly interesting to the Golden Company soldiers who took her lands. But I'd not be surprised if she and her sons would show up as 'guests' at the court of King Aegon VI at Storm's End in TWoW.

I can't see Aegon killing Marya and her sons, but if there were a Greyscale epidemic in the South they could die. But I don't see a father-son-relationship between Davos and Rickon. First, Davos has to find Rickon and Osha. Then they have to bond, and that will take time. Especially since Rickon was not in a particularly good or trusting mood back in ACoK.

And they will have not that much time to bond since there are supposed to be only two volumes of the series left.

Archived