Crowfood's Daughter

Fire Eater

We learn from Jon Snow that Mors Umber's daughter was kidnapped by wildlings thirty years ago.

My theory is that she was Val and Dalla's mother. I'd expect Dalla to be in her twenties, and Crowfood's daughter was in her teens when she was kidnapped, thirty years is plenty of time for her to have given birth to Dalla and later Val.

Here are a few quotes:

a description of Val's wardrobe from ADwD: white bearskin cloak and she rode a garron with one blind white eye

From TWoW Theon:

He had been seated on a garron, clad in the pelt of a gigantic snow bear, its head his hood. Under it he wore a stained white leather eye patch

I think Tormund is more likely to have had the occasional fling with Maege Mormont...

I agree that Val and Dalla seem curiously high-born in their nurturing. 'Mylord', not 'm'lord' and all that. It certainly makes sense to assume they have some relatives south of the Wall - and yes, Crowfood's daughter might be a good connection there.

I subscribe to both theories. This is Tormund, I don't see how those are mutually exclusive.

Agree, they don't have to be, but trying to marry that with Fire Eater's theory would make Val and Dalla Tormund's daughters, which, unless I missed something, they're not.

Since I'm entertaining the op's theory, Tormund couldn't have done both...

Tormund ( when joking that Toregg maybe better stay away from Val , after all ) says he has one daughter ( that's Munda), he doesn't need another.

Of course , that doesn't rule out that Val could have Umber heritage , however, I always want to say , "Not so hasty, there" when it's automatically assumed that being well spoken must be a sign of having a non-wildling parent.

If Val and Dalla turn out to be priestesses or seers, it might be a sign of education , not blood. ( If GRRM is using a Norse or Celtic model , such an education could be lengthy and varied ).

On a side note , do we actually have a physical description of Dalla ? I don't think we do..at least not very detailed, apart from her being heavy with child ... but we've quite a few of Val. ...Dalla and Val may not even be blood relations , but sisters in a spiritual or professional sense.

He's a bastard though (I doubt the offspring of forced wildling 'marriages', i.e. kidnap and rape, are recognised as legitimate in the Seven Kingdoms).

What if the mountain clans follow the Old Gods and married her before a heart tree? The names of their clans could have been their sigils, and they were driven from the Vale because they refused to forsake the Old Gods for the Seven and take the Arryns as their kings.

Back to the main topic, what do you think of the fate of Crowfood's daughter?

What if the mountain clans follow the Old Gods and married her before a heart tree? The names of their clans could have been their sigils, and they were driven from the Vale because they refused to forsake the Old Gods for the Seven and take the Arryns as their kings.

Back to the main topic, what do you think of the fate of Crowfood's daughter?

I like that theory, that the mountain clans refused to convert to the Seven. Very logical.

Most likely she is dead and Crowsfood won't ever see his daughter again. Seems the most likely thing to happen, although if this were a perfect disney world she would be reunited with her father and tell him she was happy in her marriage and her daughters were the wives to kings, lovey-dovey crap, etc, etc.

Boy, has that ship sailed on this series :lol:

When Sansa tells Chella that she wants to go to the Godswood Chella replies that, "....Pray here,the gods will hear." Not your gods she says the gods. Not a confirmation but its close. It seems possible that the Burned Men might have a religion based more on R'hollorism.

I subscribe to the theory that Tormund stole the girl, and at least Toregg is her son. That would explain why Toregg is so much taller than his father. If Munda is her daugther, too, she might look like her mother. When/if Mors and Tormund's people meet, Mors may recognise Munda, and it may help the Umbers to accept the wildlings more.

I subscribe to the theory that Tormund stole the girl, and at least Toregg is her son. That would explain why Toregg is so much taller than his father. If Munda is her daugther, too, she might look like her mother. When/if Mors and Tormund's people meet, Mors may recognise Munda, and it may help the Umbers to accept the wildlings more.

Mors will behead Tormund's fat head more like

Not if Mors meets Munda first, and learns that Tormund married her, and her mother was happy with him. (We obviously don't know if that was what really happened but I hope it was... :drool: )

If Munda's mother was Mors's daughter, I doubt she was happy being carried off and living beyond the Wall while her father and cousins were on the other side, grieving for her

Archived