[BOOK SPOILERS] Theon Greyjoy TV question

Ringer

Lets not forget that Theon appears in book 5 as the finished Reek....I don't know how they will go about it but maybe they'll show a few short scenes of Theon"s torture....maybe they'll show the escape scene when he tries to escape with the girl who had the keys. There are a few flashbacks that Theon recounts....I'm sure we won't see him as the wretch that shows up in book 5....but we will see his slow dismantling and transformation into Reek.

I'm just curious as to what they're going to do with Theon during season 4, if season 3 is detailing his torture. Will he not appear in Season 4? I hope they dont have two whole seasons of him in the Dreadfort.

Season 3: Theon get caputured little toture not so much. Excape with Kyra (probably another name in the show). Season 4: More torture, this is where he becomes Reek. Probably at the end of the season we will see the first chapter of Reek in DwD. Season 5 probably till the wedding. Season 6 the rest.

Why do people think that we can't have Rampsey revealed as a bolton in the show before the RW? Because as far as i know that was revealed in the books too. Even Robb knew.

But they probably will revealed this in the season final because I read that they had made a storyline for theon. He will think that he and Rampsey are captured by Balon, because Balon was dissapointed in Theon. But even then they can reveal the Rampsey plot in episode 7. At the same time Robb will receive the skin of Theon. As an audience we will think that the Boltons are revenging the deaths of Bran and Rickon, till the RW.

I liked they idea if they will have a scene with Ramsey and Theon in episode 10 about the RW, that way the audience will know that Theon isn't really a bad person, but a lost boy.

Season 3: Theon get caputured little toture not so much. Excape with Kyra (probably another name in the show). Season 4: More torture, this is where he becomes Reek. Probably at the end of the season we will see the first chapter of Reek in DwD. Season 5 probably till the wedding. Season 6 the rest.

Why do people think that we can't have Rampsey revealed as a bolton in the show before the RW? Because as far as i know that was revealed in the books too. Even Robb knew.

But they probably will revealed this in the season final because I read that they had made a storyline for theon. He will think that he and Rampsey are captured by Balon, because Balon was dissapointed in Theon. But even then they can reveal the Rampsey plot in episode 7. At the same time Robb will receive the skin of Theon. As an audience we will think that the Boltons are revenging the deaths of Bran and Rickon, till the RW.

I liked they idea if they will have a scene with Ramsey and Theon in episode 10 about the RW, that way the audience will know that Theon isn't really a bad person, but a lost boy.

Unlike the books, Roose is directly implicated by Ramsay's actions since he was the one who suggested to Robb that his bastard retake Winterfell and rescue Bran and Rickon. He vouched for him which was the reason why Robb didn't march back to Winterfell himself. As soon as the show reveals to the audience that it is Ramsay who actually has Theon and was responsible for sacking Winterfell, they'll know that Roose is a traitor. You don't want to do that until very close to the RW. The audience needs to be kept in the dark (at least initially) on what really happened at Winterfell, who is holding Theon and where Theon is being imprisoned.

It's why they made the sack of Winterfell in the S2 finale so ambiguous and confusing. It's why they haven't mentioned Ramsay Bolton in any of the casting news and only have Iwan Rheon cast as "boy". I highly doubt we're going to hear the word "Dreadfort" mentioned until much later. I also highly doubt we're going to hear about the fate of the Ironborn at Winterfell until much later. The imprisoned Theon (and the audience) will be given some kind of plausible explanation of where he is that doesn't implicate the Boltons. It's the only good reason why there is so much secrecy involved with this particular storyline.

I think that it will be revealed before the RW. Around episode 6/7. Because theon is going to think that Balon has something to do with it. And we know that Yara (Asha) will be in the next season, probably in multiple episodes. As far as I know there is going to be a scene where she's going to winterfell. At that point we know that Theon is not taken by the Iron born but probably by Roose bastard.

But I asked people if they knew who was going to take over winterfell or who roose bolton was and they didn't know (non book readers)

They can reveal Ramsay as a sick fucker way before the Red Wedding for sure. What they can't do is reveal his connection to Roose Bolton - because then the audience will expect Roose to be a traitorous whoreson.

Ummm in the books we know who Ramsay is at the end of Clash. Not to mention Roose lets Jaime go free and essentially makes sure there are no hard feelings between him and the Lannisters. So in the books there are PLENTY of reasons to suspect the Boltons are not trustworthy. Why should the show be any different?

Unlike the books, Roose is directly implicated by Ramsay's actions since he was the one who suggested to Robb that his bastard retake Winterfell and rescue Bran and Rickon. He vouched for him which was the reason why Robb didn't march back to Winterfell himself. As soon as the show reveals to the audience that it is Ramsay who actually has Theon and was responsible for sacking Winterfell, they'll know that Roose is a traitor. You don't want to do that until very close to the RW. The audience needs to be kept in the dark (at least initially) on what really happened at Winterfell, who is holding Theon and where Theon is being imprisoned.

It's why they made the sack of Winterfell in the S2 finale so ambiguous and confusing. It's why they haven't mentioned Ramsay Bolton in any of the casting news and only have Iwan Rheon cast as "boy". I highly doubt we're going to hear the word "Dreadfort" mentioned until much later. I also highly doubt we're going to hear about the fate of the Ironborn at Winterfell until much later. The imprisoned Theon (and the audience) will be given some kind of plausible explanation of where he is that doesn't implicate the Boltons. It's the only good reason why there is so much secrecy involved with this particular storyline.

This is the theory I agree the most with too. Why all the secrecy on the character if they are just going to say he's Ramsay right away? I do think they will do some version of "Reek at Winterfell" with him so Theon thinks he's his friend at first. They have never mentioned Ramsay by name on the show, either. Only "my bastard". The only thing that makes me think they could go another way are:

1) the shot in the trailer of Theon with the sack over his head on the cross. Since that's how season 2 ended (with him getting the sack out on) they could start there with it. But that's nothing definite. And 2)

there was a report from someone who was on the set the day they filmed Theon being taken off that cross in the trailer and she made mention of a prosthtetic on his foot that was extremely disgusting. So it looks like there will be flaying...but again, this could all be in epsiode 10 leading to season 4. That report even mentioned the part was "boy" on the call sheets as well

Archived