Arianne Martell - casting

gande51

I have always imagined Janina Gavankar as Arianne Martell. She is beautiful, olive skinned, and has an absolutely rocking bod. She just had a role on True Blood for the past 2 seasons and now (SPOILER) her character has died (SPOILER), so her time is free and she has experience with HBO shows. D&D will love her too because she is not afraid to act nude.

http://www.imdb.com/...ref_=fn_al_nm_1

the Shiva!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Haha I don't see why this should be a shock to anyone, again based on the books and past interviews from GRRM on what influenced him to create some of the Dornish characters like Arianne, it seemed pretty obvious that they were going to hire actors of more exotic(non-Caucasian) ethnic backgrounds to play the Dornish.......

Haha I don't see why this should be a shock to anyone, again based on the books and past interviews from GRRM on what influenced him to create some of the Dornish characters like Arianne, it seemed pretty obvious that they were going to hire actors of more exotic(non-Caucasian) ethnic backgrounds to play the Dornish.......

I actually don't mind the actor, I think he looks great its just that he's not Oded Fehr :bawl: .

I like the look, but can she pull off the actual acting? I don't pretend to have ever watched George Lopez, so I can't say, but that is the look I hope they go for. Consistency is important: They already cast a Chilean man as Oberyn, I think someone with Aimee Garcia's look would be perfect.

Isn't TV Cat older than book cat? Either way... Makeup.

Ya but that's much different because in the books Robert, Cat, and Ned are all around the same age and Cersei and Jamie are a few years behind them so in the TV show it didn't really matter that they cast older because all the actors that they cast still all looked around the same age. In the books Arianne is around the same age as Viserys which means the actress that they cast has to look around the same age as TV Viserys aka Harry Lloyd, and I'm sorry but no amount of make-up in the world will make Penelope Cruz look as young as the TV version of Viserys. So you can just drop that right now, because it's not gonna happen lol. Don't get me wrong I love Penelope Cruz, but she's not about to play Arianne who was 23 in the books, she'd be perfect for Ellaria Sand though.

Archived