Euron Greyjoy

gande51

Yeah, I reckon he'll be mad and want the Iron Throne, sure, but in a less complex and nuanced Viking way. Tyene wasn't blonde because that would have watered down the emblematic Dorne sultry brand. Similarly I think Euron will be uber-Ironborn rather than a magic Essosi maybe-greenseer etc.

You are probably right, this guy does look like uber-Ironman, he would probably make better Victarion.

Mashing up Greyjoy uncles in show was frequent thought around here, he will be more of the Euron/Victarion combination then book!Euron, maybe even dash of Aeron, so crazy fanatic Viking warrior.

Pity

Blue lips/mouth have been established on the show.  The little girl who tried to assassinate Dany w/ the basilisk had them (this established the warlocks are still out there trying to get at our 'heroine".  Giving Euron the blue lips would be a quick and effective visual cue to the couch potatoes at home that this guy (besides looking like a badass pirate viking) is associated with magic & allied w/ the group (warlocks) who are against Dany.  Throw in a Dragonhorn (the other two dragons have to go to someone) & he becomes a clear and present threat to the main(ish) character.  Bingo.

Alos, LOL at people who thought the Kingsmoot was an inessential scene or that Balon's death would be offscreen. You misunderstood storytelling economy or TV as a medium works.

I implore everyone to watch Pilou Asbaek in '1864' the Danish subtitled show. He was incredible as a drunk abusive officer. In fact, I urge you to watch his other work. I have the upmost confidence in hs acting, only about the accent and fight scenes. He also tweeted 'what is dead may never die' which makes him even cooler.

Funny thing is that it was GRRM himself who absolutely wanted Sean Bean to play Ned Stark.

He wanted Peter Dinklage to play Tyrion and later said that Tyrion is not like Peter.

Sean Bean is like twenty years older then Eddard should be and Sean looks every bit his age

Statement you are referring to is from days when George was much more pro show and praised it on every step.

I have to admit that Pilou Asbaek (at least those pictures of him with the beard aka Viking type) do not match my preconceived image of Euron. I always thought about Euron as this Super Creepy (blue lips) deviant abusive man with muscles. (especially when added that he is rabid rapist regardless if its his brothers wife or his brother, creepy as hell with his weird sorcery and mute crew). In my mind he was Ramsey Snow only taller, smarter and more powerful.

Pilou looks very charming, even kind, sort of Noble Viking vibe. I suspect he would be this Victarion type looker only a rake. 

Maybe the showrunners are right, we only get his impressions from Asha and Auron - who he abused so they can't see him as he is, and as Victarion who he intimidates. But he did charm the rest of Ironborn and for them he must look like a perfect Viking type and charming enough, not like a Creepy Warlock that he looks to Victarion and Auron.

Do you think the show would make him Evil like Ramsey/Joffrey or Anti-Hero type like Sandor? 

I have to admit that Pilou Asbaek (at least those pictures of him with the beard aka Viking type) do not match my preconceived image of Euron. I always thought about Euron as this Super Creepy (blue lips) deviant abusive man with muscles. (especially when added that he is rabid rapist regardless if its his brothers wife or his brother, creepy as hell with his weird sorcery and mute crew). In my mind he was Ramsey Snow only taller, smarter and more powerful.

Pilou looks very charming, even kind, sort of Noble Viking vibe. I suspect he would be this Victarion type looker only a rake. 

Maybe the showrunners are right, we only get his impressions from Asha and Auron - who he abused so they can't see him as he is, and as Victarion who he intimidates. But he did charm the rest of Ironborn and for them he must look like a perfect Viking type and charming enough, not like a Creepy Warlock that he looks to Victarion and Auron.

Do you think the show would make him Evil like Ramsey/Joffrey or Anti-Hero type like Sandor?

This is the description the Guardian newspaper gives for the character he played in Danish historical drama 1864.

and, for balance, the cheating, lying, boozing, Gypsy-whipping, paedophile rapist Didrich, played with nobleman’s relish by Pilou Asbaek

He's a good actor, looking forward to it. I've got a feeling it's out of the frying pan and into the fire for Theon.

To be honest, the casting is really very good on this show.

Of course there's a few that are disliked, but compare that with how many liked ones there are. Also most of the disliked ones (Shae, Dany, Jon) were from season one, where the show had a vastly different tone to its later seasons.

So yeah, he may not look like the Euron we imagined, but I think we can have faith in the casting department

This is the description the Guardian newspaper gives for the character he played in Danish historical drama 1864.

He's a good actor, looking forward to it. I've got a feeling it's out of the frying pan and into the fire for Theon.

As long as Theon somehow ditches Sansa on the way back to Iron Islands. I swear I can't handle anymore Sansa abuse.

Archived