Euron Greyjoy

gande51

Lars Mikkelsen for Euron. Great actor, more readily available than his brother, and he also looks quite a bit like Patrick Malahide (compared to Mads, at least).

I can see why Mads is a popular pick (a little too much of a fanboyish, typecasty choice, and I'd rather see him stay on as Hannibal, but I wouldn't object if they managed to get him), but I don't really see Lars in that role. He's more Sigmund Freud than Euron Greyjoy.

Euron has been away for 3 years but looks the same (most adult people tend to do that by the way) according to Victarion. Balon is probably in his late fifties/early sixties so Euron should at least be in his early fifties, they can off course make Meyers look older but then it's easier to cast Christopher Meloni, James Purefoy, Mads Mikkelsen, Dominic West, Rufus Sewell etc. instead. Another thing, how can Euron's bastards be so old (I think one of them was around 10 years old) when he has only been sailing around the world for 3 years or had he fathered some of them earlier?

I like all of the suggestions... Purefoy, Mikkelsen, West are all excellent... I am not as familiar with some of the others, but I'm sure they'd all work too... Ray Stevenson for Victarion is another great choice

But another potential Euron is Joseph Fienes... he was great as Merlin in that awful Camelot show.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001212/?ref_=nv_sr_3

Jon of the (Evil) Dead, on 04 Apr 2014 - 07:57 AM, said:

IMO, this dude simply is Euron. And he's a damn good actor too. Sadly, not british and is going to star in an upcoming show by Guillermo del Toro about vampires

When i first highlighted the link i though you were going to suggest Johnny Knoxville for playing Euron and i thought you were joking .

Euron is a though cast because he is completely evil yet charming. Plus he is also mysterious. He should be in his 40,s and fit but not evil superhero badass. Interesting cast.

That describes half the characters Richard Armitage has played to date. Evil yet charming is his specialty. He's talented enough to play both Euron and Victarion and do both justice.

There is only one actor for Euron:

Mads Mikkelsen

It's never going to happen of course, but if they got him to come on board it would be the greatest casting win for this show since Charles Dance as Tywin.

Archived