Euron Greyjoy

gande51

He's a good physical fit for Euron. Bit scrawny for bull-chested Vic.

Armitage bulks up when the role calls for it. He's currently being described as "a bull" as farmer John Proctor, The Crucible, playing at The Old Vic. He played SAS operative, John Porter, in very first Strike Back series:

http://i3.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article220553.ece/alternates/s615/c-image-4-758013580.jpg

I've seen that. He's still too scrawny in my book, merely going off the book description.

I've not seen him to any Bale/Hardy levels of transformation, adding stones.

edit, but then adding weight is going to be unlikely for such a small role. They'll just go for a naturally big man, like Stevenson....if he is to be cast, which looks highly doubtful at this moment in time.

Armitage bulks up when the role calls for it. He's currently being described as "a bull" as farmer John Proctor, The Crucible, playing at The Old Vic. He played SAS operative, John Porter, in very first Strike Back series:

http://i3.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article220553.ece/alternates/s615/c-image-4-758013580.jpg

I don't think Armitage's build would be a problem (though I think he'd be much better for Euron). But he's too hansom to be Vic and would be better as the more sinister role.

I just see Stevenson as being the perfect for Victarion. Its just the Titus Pullo role again. A dull brute who does evil things more out of neccesity that any real malice. His innocence makes you route for him despite his mostly bad traits.

I don't think Armitage's build would be a problem (though I think he'd be much better for Euron). But he's too hansom to be Vic and would be better as the more sinister role.

Armitage has often said he enjoys most playing conflicted characters. Is there a drop of good in Euron, or is he simply evil incarnate? If it's the latter, this particular actor would manage to find a dram of humanity for him. Perhaps HBO writers would agree with him on that aspect of the Greyjoy pirate.

Guys I think Johnny Depp would be a perfect Euron. An intimidating Captain Jack is exactly how I imagine Euron. Not so comical but as crazy and talking complete bullsh*t that later turns out to be true.. Jason Statham would be a good choice for either Vic or Euron either I think he'd be amazing in either role

Id rather see someone who looks really different yet can pull of the part (Hello, Michael Mcellhaton), rather than a deadringer who can't act.

Why not both? I present you Mads Mikkelsen. Probably the best actor working today and he's a dead ringer for Euron. They'll never get him, but in a just world this is the guy who would play crowseye.

I love Mads, he is terrific, I watched him since his beginnings in Denmark, but I really don't think he is that big of the star, he isn't some AAA list Hollywood guy making 7 figures per movie, they COULD get him if they dig their heels into it, but nothing in the series has never gone as I would like it so, we shouldn't count on it.

Archived