Second Dance Mega Prediction.

chrisdaw

I don't disagree (although I think the Ice cold member man may be Jon), Euron and naval combat will be big parts of the dance. I just don't have any particular theory on how Euron is going to play into things or how it's all going to play out. And god knows what Aeron's purpose is.

Perhaps Aegon with Rhaegal defeats Euron and/or Victarion with Viserion, and Tyrion picks up Viserion from there. Aegon needs a heroic win, Euron will have to die eventually, so how about Aegon kills Euron and Dany kills Arianne in retaliation. The Princess and the Queen has the original Dance being extremely brutal and bitter, I doubt our new dance will be any different. I'm expecting not just the typical deaths in combat, but torture and hostage executions, some by way of dragon.

Euron seems to be quite clever and ressourceful, I cannot imagine that he has not fully prepared against whatever Vicarion will try. I believe that one will play directly into Eurons hands (in fact, if a red priest that reveres fire sees "great glory" for someone, it probably involves a glorious death by fire).

Now, my guess is that the horn will not exactly work the way it is expected (perhaps only people of true valyrian descent can work it properly), but will make the Dragons go rogue. Deanerys will keep/regain control of Drogon but the other two will go on free (they certainly were hardly under control of even their "mother").

Euron knows how to control them (or at least one of them), however, the key is an obscure tome on Dragons kept in the Maesters´ Citadel in Oldtown (that bit was mentioend somewhere already). This is also the whole reason for his return and his taking control of the Ironborn and promising them the conquest of the Reach; it would also explain the reason what Jaqen is after (they might have gotten notice of Euron looking for a way to breed and control dragons... the first part failed, of course but the second part might just be possible thanks to Daenerys and as ex-slaves, the Faceless Men would not want to see a Dragon controlled by someone).

Still unclear are the motives of the last Sand Viper.

This might force Daenerys to finally settle things in Essos and turn west. Also Aegon will undoubtly try to gain control of a dragon as well.

Anyway, I expect Oldtown to become a mayor theater, as well as Dragons gaining in importance in WoW. However the real DwD 2 will only happen in the last book....

• It is a song of ice and fire but you've ignored the ice part.
  • I'm missing the Vale in your predictions. I don't think the Vale can manage to skip the entire ASOIAF wars. Personally I expect a surprise from Sweetrobin.
  • Your analysis of Maces options is good but the Reach will either be dragged into DWD 2 or experience massive infighting amongst the Tyrells, Hightowers, Florents and everyone else who'd like to be Lord of the Reach.
  • I don't think that the North is going south but I fear that parts of the DWD 2 will go into the North. One of the two, and here I bet on Dany, will see the danger of the Great Other and head towards the wall instead of engaging directly with fAegon. (It is even possible that the Wall falls.) The other (fAegon in my bet) is going to rush after the first, trying to fall into their back. Either it ends with a couple of large army-vs-army battles in temporal and spatial proximity or it ends with one big multi-way clash of the Great Others army, Stannis people + NW, Dany and fAegon slugging it out.
This is based on my personal "pruning" theory: Only when all sides have suffered sufficient pruning (i.e. lost enough loved & dear ones), with one or two of the big houses ( big = great houses + major noble houses) gone extinct peace will be achieved. Or the great Other wins and there's frozen peace.

I don't believe the North will factor into the Dance. The dance and the war for the dawn were too different battles and I believe they will be again. The Dance plays out South, Stannis's war and Jon's resurrection plays out North, Dany heads North after the Dance and meets Jon and we slide into the end game with the Others and war for the dawn.

Highgarden, the Vale, Dorne and the Western Lannisters will all play roles, I just haven't included a theory, but that's not to say I don't think they'll play a part.

On the Highgarden side I have two competing theories, one that when Aegon takes KL he will control Marge and Mace (although I think Mace will die in the carnage) with which he can leverage Willas to gain the support of HG. Also one of the few pieces of information we have about Willas is that he's pious (so says LF), suggesting he may follow the HS in declaring for Aegon. Varys may have already cooked up a plan along these lines.

A few things run contrary to this line of thought though. Some I think fairly strong foreshadowing point to the Tyrell's demise. Roses die in winter. Olenna has the telling line.

A kind man, and not unskilled in the bedchamber, but an appalling oaf all the same. He managed to ride off a cliff whilst hawking. They say he was looking up at the sky and paying no mind to where his horse was taking him.

"And now my oaf son is doing the same, only he's riding a lion instead of a palfrey. It is easy to mount a lion and not so easy to get off,

I'm inclined to think there will be a second field of fire prior to the Dance (there's strong Viserion vs lions foreshadowing), the first field of fire was Targaryen vs a Westerlands and Reach alliance. If there is it'd be fitting if another house of the Reach were to gain Aegon's favour and transplant the Tyrells as the Tyrells did the Gardeners at the first field of fire. And we have Laswell Peake's line.

Even after a century, some of us stil have friends in the Reach. The power of Highgarden may not be what Mace Tyrell imagines.

This suggests we have a possible turn coat in Mace's ranks and therefor a contender to taking over the Reach as reward for their service.

Loved a lot of your predictions and I can see a lot of this playing out - but I think Tyrion will not sit the IT but act as Hand. There is still the fight with the Others to happen which may begin around the time DWD 2.0 happens.

My guess is the "one true heir" you allude to in your OP may have to do with Jon . Tyrion and Jaime "Kingmaker" Lannister, may end up influencing this. My guess is if Tyrion lives to this point, he'll figure out who Jon is, and probably with the help of Jaime.

Also, my bet is Tyrion won't steal CR but it will be "offered" to him (via his own cunning).

I think Connington bringing greyscale with him will be significant and it'll spread throughout the south, decimating the population. Therefore stopping the Others before they hit the trident will be of paramount importance, for their army will quadruple if they have access to the vast graveyards of the south.

I've heart this theory quite a bit, but it makes not sense:

1. Greyscale is not new to Westeros.

2. How would a widespread outbreak occur? I don't think it is an airborne disease.

3. Jon Connignton follows instructions on keeping the disease in check.

Here is my crackpot theory. Daenery's will return to Westeros and join up with Aegon .She will uncover Aegons Blackfyre heritage and battle will commence

The shocking conclusion to this will be Dany's death. towards the end of the book we will know Jon is alive and then Jon will learn of R+L=J around the same time and somehow draws the dragons to him perhaps with the horn Sam found at the fist, now with the dragons jon asserts his claim as the prince that was promised , what was Dany's army now rally's to him and fights the others I have a gut feeling that Arya will kill Aegon. There are two storylines converging offpage . The fact most northerners think Jon is Robb's heir and Sansa inevitably trying to make contact with the Stark bannermen Jon not wanting to lose

his connection with the North and the Stark family will Marry Sansa.( his cousin, which in Westeros is perfectly acceptable)

I've heart this theory quite a bit, but it makes not sense:

1. Greyscale is not new to Westeros.

2. How would a widespread outbreak occur? I don't think it is an airborne disease.

3. Jon Connignton follows instructions on keeping the disease in check.

Thank you! I quite agree with this analysis.

However, I do appreciate the irony that this theory is spreading like.... a disease ;)

I agree with most of the theories of the events that will lead to the Second Dance of the Dragons but I am more interested about what will happen then & directly post.

Because most of the people here seem to belive that Aegon will die during this battle I fear that the opposite may happen insted (I really hope it doesn't happen as I don't believe that Aegon can help Westers in fighting with the Others - if salvation is even possible.)

In my vision, Dany will survive the Dance but, she will be injured and have to retrieve to the Wall with remaining 2 dragons where she will meet Jon, who will no more be a sworn NW commander. Some love affection may occur and Dany may even have a 3/4 Targaryan 1/4 Stark baby before they go into the final fight to meet their destination. Tyrion will also be on the Wall.

*I can also see Rains of Castery Rock as the closing song theme ;)

Why usurper Dany on Drogon? Isn't she undisputed as a legitimate Targaryen?

If Aegon is real he is the heir, he's not of course but he'll get in first and the majority of the realm will believe he is, and he won't be coming with a foreign heretical army, and he's not a woman.

Thank you! I quite agree with this analysis.

However, I do appreciate the irony that this theory is spreading like.... a disease ;)

Foreshadowing mainly, stone pops up everywhere.

Because most of the people here seem to belive that Aegon will die during this battle I fear that the opposite may happen insted (I really hope it doesn't happen as I don't believe that Aegon can help Westers in fighting with the Others - if salvation is even possible.)

I doubt GRRM is going to do that, with the Slayer of Lies prophecy it'd be on the side of cheap rather than clever.

wow....so basically, this whole series should've been called ASOT: A Song of Tyrion? I think I understand why people dislike Tyrion fans now....

LoL...good point. I think the Tyrion theories have risen to the fantastical, even for a fantasy series. He is certainly one of the central characters of the series and has much left to do, but there are other characters with just as important roles to play.

If I had my way all the lords would have a single neck and Stannis would be doing the cutting. But Stannis surviving is about as likely as Tyrion playing the part of Dany's happy little helper for the rest of the series. Tyrion is not my favourite character, but he is GRRM's favourite character as he's more than happy to tell us, and also the character with the most amount of chapters and highest POV word count, by far.

If I had my way all the lords would have a single neck and Stannis would be doing the cutting. But Stannis surviving is about as likely as Tyrion playing the part of Dany's happy little helper for the rest of the series. Tyrion is not my favourite character, but he is GRRM's favourite character as he's more than happy to tell us, and also the character with the most amount of chapters and highest POV word count, by far.

I agree that Stannis will meet his end in the North, most likely in the struggle with the Others. I also agree with everything you said regarding Tyrion. The problem is that Tyrion fans have concocted so many theories that they have saturated the story, drowning out all other characters.

That certainly cannot be GRRM's intent or plan.

I'm as big a Stannis fan as anyone and I agree he's pretty much done for, as long as he doesnt end up skinned in the Dreadfort, fed to a Dragon or going out with a whimper, I'll be happy: a heroic charge alone into the ranks of the Others to buy time for Jon to escape suits me perfectly. But I don't think the fact that GRRM's favourite character is Tyrion will effect the story much. If it did, he'd compromise a lot of his integrity. If it works out the way you posit, pretty much all POVs are pointless bar

Jon for the Wall

Ned for KL IN AGOT

Tyrion for KL in the rest, Aegon and then Dany

Dany for her story

Possibly Cat and Bran

I think Tyrion still has an important part to play. A gut feeling of mine, based on his storyline so far and the fact that he's GRRM favorite character (and the fact that the ending will be bittersweet), says that Tyrion will most likely perish in the last chapters of ADOS, heroically dieing against the others.

For example I could see him grabbing a dragon and performing some sort of kamikaza assault on the White Walkers, thus giving the rest of the remaining PoV chapters time to regroup and defeat the Others.

That's all just a gut feeling though. The only thing I'm quite sure off is that Tyrion won't die before the end of ADOS.

I think Tyrion still has an important part to play. A gut feeling of mine, based on his storyline so far and the fact that he's GRRM favorite character (and the fact that the ending will be bittersweet), says that Tyrion will most likely perish in the last chapters of ADOS, heroically dieing against the others.

For example I could see him grabbing a dragon and performing some sort of kamikaza assault on the White Walkers, thus giving the rest of the remaining PoV chapters time to regroup and defeat the Others.

That's all just a gut feeling though. The only thing I'm quite sure off is that Tyrion won't die before the end of ADOS.

I agree. I don't think he will live to rule Casterly Rock and the West. I think it is fated for all of Tywin's line to die, as payment for Rhaegar's wife and children, Tysha, and many other atrocities.

Archived