Biograpghy of Henry V

Winter's Prince

Who writes the best and most accurate account of Henry V's life? I just started the book Wars of the Roses by Alison Weir, a great read I absolutely recommend for everyone. He seems so interesting and it seems he's the inspiration behind Rhaegar, Alison gives a great detailed history of the wars and the first few chapters are the prelude to them in the book, right now I'm on Henry V's chapter and would like to know more about him. She doesn't go very in depth, which is why I'm searching for a book based on him. If you have any good authors please recommend, thanks

Henry V is not really someone I've studied, so I can't say for sure, but you could try the Yale English Monarchs* series. I don't know offhand who wrote the Henry V book, and you should definitely check the reviews, but it's a starting point if nothing else.

*Yale English Monarchs series is a reprint of existing titles; I've read the editions of Henry I (Warren Hollister), Henry II (W.L. Warren), Richard I (John Gillingham), Edward I (Michael Prestwich), Edward IV and Richard II (both Charles D. Ross).

Archived