Reviewing the Season 2 Bluray Set

Westeros

2. I always crack up when everybody talks about how nice Jack Gleeson is, because of the way they go out of their way to mention it.

In between the actors falling all over themselves to say how nice Jack Gleeson is, Aidan Gillen mentioning in an interview some random Game of Thrones fan tried to put a curse on him (and has alluded to people making gun-pointing and throat-slitting gestures towards him), Lena Headey discussing some Cersei-hating fans being nasty to her (at a con, maybe), Sophie Turner in a recent Entertainment Weekly interview telling her about people coming up to her on the street and telling her how much they hate Sansa, and someone mentioning on Reddit or another board that they saw a bunch of Season 3 character posters together and only the Joffrey poster had its eyes scratched out, I think Jack Gleeson must be the target of some serious harassment, maybe even death threats and the like. If it's that bad for the actors for Littlefinger and Cersei (who's even written somewhat more sympathetically in the show), how bad must it be for the actor playing Joffrey? It would explain why the actors are going out of their way to praise Jack Gleeson's character, that's for sure.

In between the actors falling all over themselves to say how nice Jack Gleeson is, Aidan Gillen mentioning in an interview some random Game of Thrones fan tried to put a curse on him (and has alluded to people making gun-pointing and throat-slitting gestures towards him), Lena Headey discussing some Cersei-hating fans being nasty to her (at a con, maybe), Sophie Turner in a recent Entertainment Weekly interview telling her about people coming up to her on the street and telling her how much they hate Sansa, and someone mentioning on Reddit or another board that they saw a bunch of Season 3 character posters together and only the Joffrey poster had its eyes scratched out, I think Jack Gleeson must be the target of some serious harassment, maybe even death threats and the like. If it's that bad for the actors for Littlefinger and Cersei (who's even written somewhat more sympathetically in the show), how bad must it be for the actor playing Joffrey? It would explain why the actors are going out of their way to praise Jack Gleeson's character, that's for sure.

That's just... sad. I shouldn't be surprised that people can be such idiots, but still... that's just awful.

Plus, if I met Lena Headey or Sophie Turner on the street, I'm pretty sure the last thing I'd do is talk about how much I hate their characters.

ETA: on the other hand, apparently Charles Dance is every bit as imposing in real life as he is on screen. Regardless of how nice he actually was (very nice seems to be the consensus), seemingly everybody was terrified of him. Vanessa Taylor was so cowed she volunteered to be his gofer.

• 1 year later...

Archived