Mafia Game 98 - Pop Princess uPick Thread.

House Targaryen

Singing for their life (Playerlist)

Alive

Shania Twain

Debbie Gibson

Sophie B. Hawkins

Geraldine McQueen->Geraldine 2.0

Emeli Sande

Bjork

Lady Gaga -> Lady Gaga2.0

Carly Rae Jepsen

Madonna

Dead:

Taylor Swift (Ser Justin Scummy) - Diva Aligned

Lynched Day 1

No one died Night 1

Cyndi Lauper (Gertrude) - Illuminati Aligned

Lynched Day 2

Kylie (Kingmaker) - Diva Aligned was

Killed Night 2

Marina & the Diamonds - Illuminati Aligned

Lynched Day 3

Britney Spears - Diva Aligned

Killed Night 3

Kesha - Illuminati Aligned

Lynched Day 4

No one died

Night 4

Diana Ross Diva Aligned

Lynched Day 5

Geraldine McQueen - Diva Aligned

Killed Night 5

Rules and all that will be edited in later. This will start on Monday. I'll do stuff later. And make a post detailing the game specific rules and all that JAZZ.

ATTENTION: these are not the standard rules, although they're very similar. I changed them around because I stole Mina's rules!

RULES

A) Conduct and Ethics

A1) Play to your faction's win condition, as long as you break no rules in doing so.

A2) Living players may not discuss this game anywhere outside the game thread unless explicitly permitted to do so in their role PM. Dead players as well as spectators may not post in the thread, reveal information about the set-up, give living players advice or otherwise communicate with them. They should not discuss the game where there is a risk of a living player seeing it (such as in a public forum or chat room), and should avoid discussing it altogether outside of the designated Spoiler Heaven/Spectator threads; please don't poison the replacement pool.

A3) Do not bring outside influences such as threats, bribes, grudges, bets, or pregame alliances and pacts into the game.

A4)This is a closed set-up, a sample Role PM is public. You may not quote this PM in the thread. You may paraphrase your role Pm. You may state the exact ability name but you cannot directly quote anything else. All communication with the mod may only be loosely paraphrased at most, and only with express permission from us. Avoid discussing the timing of any such communication. You may not provide hard evidence (real or fake) such as quotes, screencaps, links, timestamps, etc. of any private communication.

A5) Be civil and treat other players with respect. We will interfere if anyone resorts to excessive insults, personal attacks, and bullying. There is also a zero-tolerance policy against offensive comments or slurs based on race, gender, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc.

A6) Encryption is forbidden, as are messages hidden in invisible text, small text, or BBCode tags. Codes should be decipherable once pointed out to an average person without computer software. Always err on the side of caution and ask the mod before leaving a code or breadcrumb.

A7) Do not play if you're spoiled. If you have outside information that could influence your behaviour or opinions in the game, are aware of someone else having outside information, or believe for any reason that the game has been compromised, it is your responsibility to inform the mod in private immediately.

B) Alts and Metagaming

B1) This is an alted game. Players must not post on the game thread with any account other than their game alt. Any posts accidentally made "out of alt" should be edited blank as soon as possible.

B2) One person per player slot, and one player slot per person: living players may not let someone else post from their accounts, nor can they sign up as more than one account for the same game.

B3) Players must be logged on anonymously at all times.

B4) Players may not change the password of their alts for any reason. I guess you change your avatar if you find something prettier for your own Alt (as long as it's of your diva), though.

B5) Don't reveal your own or another players identity. You may also not publicly speculate about the identity of another player.

B6) You may loosely talk about your past mafia experience. "I'm not experienced - I've played less than ten games", is fine. You may not however talk about specific roles you've played or who your alt was in previous games, or things that narrow down your identity - i.e. your job, where you post on the board.

B7) You may vaguely talk about your time availability. "I'm going to bed", is fine. "I'm going to bed now, it's 9:35 here and I have to get my kids up at 7am and one of them has to go to the hospital and then I am going to play poker with my friends" is grossly unnecessary (as well as being a weird schedule? Who plays poker that early)

B8) You may acknowledge if you believe you have guessed a player's identity. You may not however provide "clues". This isn't Guess Who? (Well at least public Guess Who?).

B9) Exceptions to alt rules apply for private communication areas, unless explicitly stated otherwise.

C) Activity

C1) Players must post a minimum of once every twenty-four hours.

C2) After twenty-four hours of inactivity, I will start looking for a replacement. I will replace no matter how late it is in the game.

C3) If there are no available replacements, players who have gone inactive for over twenty-four hours lose their vote for that day. If they do not return by the deadline, they will be modkilled and flip in the next morning phase.

D) Other

D1) You may be punished for deliberately exploiting technicalities and vague wording in the rules in order to do something you should know is unethical.

D2) You may not offer to break the rules, encourage other players to do so, or conceal the fact that rules have been broken are also forbidden.

D3) Failure to comply with the rules may result in any punishment the mods deem appropriate, including, but not limited to: editing posts, warning the player in public or private, modkills, force replacement,and ending the game prematurely in favor of one faction or none. The mods will also report rule infractions to the metamods after the game. Except where clearly stated in the rules, the mods are free to respond to any rules violation in whatever manner they wish. The mods' decision is final.

D4) We reserve the right to add, remove, or modify rules at any point of the game if it becomes necessary.

Game Mechanics

1 - General Structure

The mods will announce that the game has begun shortly after everybody confirms their role and alignment via PM. Players may begin posting as soon as the mods announce that the game has started. The game begins during the day. The day ends when when a sufficient number of people have voted to lynch a player (remove that player from the game) or voted to end the day without a lynch. The mods will post maximum time limits for the length of a day on the game thread. If no consensus is reached when the time expires, the day ends with no lynch. When the day phase has ended, night begins. The mods will then post a scene reporting the outcome of the day. Players may continue posting in the thread but no voting is allowed. Night ends when the mods post the morning scene reporting the outcome of the night actions. Day and night phases continue to alternate until the game ends.

2 - Day Phase

During the day, all living players may post in the thread. Active players (players who have not gone for more than 24 hours without posting) may also cast a vote for one other player of their choice. Some roles may have special powers which can be used during the day. Days will last 36 hours.

2.1 - Voting Mechanics

To vote for a player: bold that player's name.

To vote to end the day without a lynch: bold the word night.

To change your vote: bold the other player's name (or bold night).

To remove your vote without casting a new vote: bold the phrase remove vote.

(Note that it is not necessary or customary to remove vote as part of changing your vote.)

2.2 - Voting Restrictions

You may only vote during the day phase. You may only vote if you are an active player. You can only have one vote outstanding at any time. You may not vote for yourself. You may not edit a vote into a post. You may not edit a vote out of a post. It is best if you do not edit any post with a vote in at all, in fact (if you do, it is left to to the mods' discretion how to interpret your vote...).

2.3 - Bold Restrictions

The use of bold should be limited to voting, except in some cases and for some specific roles. If you aren't sure if you're allowed to use bold, you aren't. If you want to emphasize a players name or another word, you can underline the word or post using a different color or font (but try to avoid using fonts that cannot be read on mobile devices).

2.4 - Majority Defined

A majority means either more than half of the active players voting for one player's lynch or half or more of the active players voting to go to night without a lynch. If there are 2N active players you need N+1 votes for a lynch and N to go to night without lynching. With 2N+1 active players you need N+1 votes for both outcomes.

2.5 - Ending the Day

The day ends as soon as a majority is reached (or, if the players fail to vote for any action, once the time limit for the day has elapsed). Anyone lynched is no longer alive and must not post in the thread. Votes can no longer be withdrawn and new votes cannot be cast until the night phase ends.

2.6 - Evening Scene

The mods will post a scene shortly after the day ends to report the results of the day actions. If the day ended with a player's lynch, the mods will also reveal information about that player's alignment (see 'Coroner Finder' in the summary post for details). Note that if the player opted not to reveal their alt while alive, their alt will not be automatically revealed after their death. See the alt rules for more details.

3 - Night Phase

During the night, players may post in the thread but may not vote. Some players will have the ability to perform special actions. In this game, there is no role list as such -- see the post below for some sample role PMs.

3.1 - Performing a Night Action

If your role includes the ability to perform a special action at night, you need to PM the mods to indicate the action you wish to take. Most, if not all, roles have the ability to "withhold" their powers (i.e. take no action). This will be made clear in the description of the role (but PM the mods for clarification if you don't understand). If you chose to not perform your allowed action, you must PM "no action" to the mods. You are encouraged to send in night action PMs as soon as possible, during the day phase before night falls. Night action PMs sent in before the night falls may be changed at any time before the mods post the evening scene.

3.2 - Contingent PM

If you send in a PM during the day phase, you may choose to list alternative actions contingent on the manner in which the day ended. These contingencies must also be entirely unambiguous and clear to anybody reading the game thread. If none of the contingencies you list actually occur, or the mods do not understand your instructions, your PM will be disregarded, and you must send a new PM to the mods.

3.3 - Provisional PM

There are no 'provisional' PMs in this game. Once night falls, all action PMs will be treated as final (except in the case that you send in a 'contingency PM' and the mods cannot unambiguously determine what action to take - in this case you will be assumed to have sent in no PM at all).

3.4 - Length of the Night

Nights will last for a fixed length of 10 hours. All actions must be sent to the mods within this time limit. However, the night will only end when the mods announce that the next day has begun.

3.5 - Failure to PM

If not all PMs are received within the time limit, everyone who has failed to send in a PM will be considered to have taken no action. In addition, those who failed to send in a PM will be warned by the mods and may risk further penalties.

3.8 Preventing Night Actions

Except where expressly noted, no night actions prevent any other night actions sent in from taking effect. In particular, a player who attempts a night action on the same night they are killed will succeed in performing this action, unless they are prevented from doing so in some other way.

3.9 - Morning Scene

The night phase ends when the mods post the morning scene. The mods will post the scene as soon as they can do so following the expiration of the time limit. The scene will report any player deaths that occurred during the night. The mods will reveal information about their alignment (see 'Coroner Finder' in the summary post) and may also reveal information about their alt (see the special alt rules). Other than this information, there are no clues in the morning scenes. As soon as the scene is posted any players who are reported dead lose the right to post in the thread. The time limit for the new day will begin with the morning scene.

Section 4 - Endgame

The game will continue to alternate between day and night phases until the game ends. The game can end after either a day or night phase.

4.1 - Winning Conditions

The game ends once one faction has reached its winning conditions, which the mods will state in the game thread in a different post.

Mafia is a team game. Once one faction achieves its winning conditions, all members of that faction have won whether or not they are living players when the winning conditions are achieved.

4.2 - Ending Scene

The mods will post an ending scene and declare the game over shortly after one faction achieves its winning conditions. If for any reason it becomes impossible for either faction to achieve its winning conditions, the mods will declare the game a draw.

The game is only over when a mod posts the ending scene. Even if you know (or believe you know) the result of the game before then, you may not post in the thread unless you are alive.

4.3 - Calling the Game Early

The mods reserve the right to end the game at any time before a faction achieves its winning conditions provided there are compelling reasons to do so. In general, the mods will end the game early as soon as one faction's victory becomes inevitable.

4.4 - Spoilers

When the game is over, the mods will reveal the alts and roles of everybody who played and also give everyone access to the spectator threads on the discussion board.

You know the following about the set-up:

- The set-up is confirmed to be 12 Innocents and 4FM. Or for this set-up 12 Diva Aligned and 4 Illuminati Aligned

- You know the FM may attempt to use their kill once on Nights 1 or 2. And once on Nights 3 or 4. From then on, they can kill every night.

- Roles were thought up - then alignments were randomised. Tweaking may have been done after the randomisation.

- If an x-shot ability fails it will be used up unless specifically stated otherwise.

- Players may only use one active ability per phase. (I.e. one per each night, one per each day) unless specifically stated otherwise in their Pm.

For now? Have a sample PM!

SAMPLE PM:

Welcome to Mafia Game 98, Faraday. You are Kanye West, Diva Aligned

Yo, yeezy. You\'re modding this but if you happened to be Innocent this is the PM you\'d be getting. I\'d type more stuff up but I think saying "You're Kanye", is sufficent.

You have the following abilities:

• (A) I'm really happy for you and imma let you finish - Once during the game you may post the following in thread "X IS THE GREATEST LYNCH OF ALL TIME", this will result in anyone currently voting them being able to unvote.

• (A) I like fish sticks - Once during the game you may post in bold: "I am a gay fish", this will result in you leaving the game and going off to live in the ocean with the fish.

• (P) Accept Yeezy - Due to you're...ah, controversial nature you are a hated townie on odd days. You will take one less vote to lynch.

(A) - Active An action you will have to PM the mods with/will actively target someone.

(P) - An action that will come into effect by itself

(T) - Triggered - an action which is caused by an event.

(F) - Factional - An action that a faction may take.

Hi. It's me, Kanye. I'm about to start sending out Alt Passwords and things like that, now. The game will start before 1am GMT.

Please remember for this game. If you have thoughts to send them to Justin Bieber. He's my friend who's in charge of posting your thoughts to the spoiler thread. He's very good at it, too. Actions must be titled "Night X/Day X Action" to ensure they are clearly seen, too. That's just to help me. I'm a gay fish; we're not always the best at noticing things.

Once you have your password and alt you may log in. Don't post until you see me post a Giant Green Go, though.

edit: All log in info has been saved as a draft and is ready to be Pm'd. the game will start a little later.

Welcome to Yeezy's party. Co-hosted by "The Biebz" himself, Justin Bieber!

----

, sign up for my game when I'm in need

Yeah we be e-friends, friends indeed

Oh, you a roledigger way over there

That digs on me

Now I ain't sayin' you a roldigger

But you ain't wantin no RI

Now I ain't sayin you a roledigger

But you ain't wantin no RI

Choose quick please, go 'head choose well (This game gotta start)

Choose quick please, choose well

Sing it justin!

I was your healer, I'd never let you die

I can keep you living, my healing power's untold

Don't ask me to claim, I'll never ever lie

If I ever get lynched, I'm gonna cry

Swag swag swag, on you

Chillin by the fire while we eatin' fondue

I dunno about me but I know about you

So say hi to my healin' in three two swag

I'd like to be everything you want

Hey girl, let me just heal you

If I was your healer, never let you die

Keep you livin, my healing power's untold

I can claim RI, anything that you'd like

If I was to heal you, I'd never let you die, never let you die!

Yo, Kanye

are forever

They won't change in the night

Have no fear that they might

Desert you

Alignments are forever (forever, forever)

Don't be frownin' if you end up drawin' town

Alignments are forever (forever, forever, forever)

If you get to be a killer please make this game a thrller!

Forever ever? Forever ever? Ever, ever? Ever, ever? Ever, ever? Ever, ever?....

, make it, do it, makes us

Harder, better, faster, stronger

T-that that does kill me

Can only send me to spoilers

I need you to hurry up now

What rhymes with spoiler? Boiler!

I know I got to be right, now

He must be a death miller

Man I've been waitin all night now

To show he ain't no killer

Attack him harder, make it better

vote him faster, makes us stronger

More than ever ever after

Our work is never over.

Let's get lost tonight

You can be my friend - offsite chat tonight

Claimed over there, Healer that's right.

And we don't give a fuck - we aint scummy, right?

Awesome, the Vig shot me

Damn they didn't see my ATE?

I ask 'cause I'm not sure

Anyone make a real case anymore?

One last time Justin

know you love me, I know your town

Just vote wherever, I won't frown

You are my best read, you can lead

And we will never, ever, vote each other

Do you trust me? Girl, quit playin'

"We're just friends," what are you sayin'?

Said "there's another," and looked right in my eyes

Then vigged me in the face for the first time!

And I was like I'm dead, I'm dead, I'm dead, oh

Like I'm dead, I'm dead, I'm dead, no

Like I'm dead, I'm dead, I'm dead, oh

WE WERE ALIGNMENT CONFIRMED BABY

Finish it Yeezy!

I hold my head

Pro-town leader gone, they killed him dead

I slapped my screen, I broke the keys

Took some time, to get it fixed for me

I'm headed home, I'm almost there

I'm on my way, headed up the stairs

To my surprise, someone replacing me

I had to screm at the mods - 23 hours 59 minutes gone, they shoulda gone to university!

(All of the votes)

Early votes, overexplained votes, OMGUS votes

natural, weird votes

(All of the votes, all of the votes)

Welcome to Mafia Game 98. Now, i'm really happy for you and imma let you finish but Yeezy about to host the GREATEST MAFIA GAME OF ALL TIME. It's 2013 and the world ain't ended. Well y'all know who I am. Know what I do. Kanye party harder than anyone. So we're going to celebrate. I invited some of the biggest diva's in pop here. But with so many egos things could get nasty. I expect catfights, drinks spilled. Oh, and maybe even some murder. Get to it. This gonna top the Grammy's.

Day 1, Votecount 0

Not voting: Taylor Swift, Shania Twain, Debbie Gibson, Britney Spears, Cyndi Lauper, Sophie B. Hawkins, Marina & the Diamonds, Geraldine McQueen, Kesha, Emile Sande, Bjork, Lady Gaga, Kylie, Carly Rae Jepsen, Madonna , Diana Ross.

With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch, or 8 votes to go to night.

GO GO GO!

Zappin' it to ya, the pressure's everywhere

Goin' right through ya

The scum are in the air, oh, yeah they're there

Don't underestimate the power of the posts in this thread...

*Looks up at player list*

I'm guessing Tiffany got stuck in a mall somewhere. Sucks, I was looking forward to out singing her.

Britney Spears Mickey Mouse ears are lame.

Day 1, Votecount 1

Britney Spears (1) - Debbie Gibson

Taylor Swift (1) - Shania Twain

Kesha (1) - Emile Sande

Not voting: (13) Taylor Swift, Britney Spears, Cyndi Lauper, Sophie B. Hawkins, Marina & the Diamonds, Geraldine McQueen, Kesha, Bjork, Lady Gaga, Kylie, Carly Rae Jepsen, Madonna , Diana Ross.

With 16 alive it takes 9 votes to lynch, or 8 votes to go to night.

Archived