Moments of Foreshadowing 4

Ice Turtle

Lightbringer was never cold to the touch, but warm as Nissa Nissa had been warm. In battle the blade burned fiery hot. Once Azor Ahai fought a monster. When he thrust the sword through the belly of the beast, its blood began to boil. Smoke and steam poured from its mouth, its eyes melted and dribbled down its cheeks, and its body burst into flame.

Some hints on Lightbringer:

Yet when she slept that night, she dreamt the dragon dream again. Viserys was not in it this time. There was only her and the dragon. Its scales were black as night, wet and slick with blood. Her blood, Dany sensed. Its eyes were pools of molten magma, and when it opened its mouth, the flame came roaring out in a hot jet. She could hear it singing to her, She opened her arms to the fire, embraced it, let it swallow her whole, let it cleanse her and temper her and scour her clean. She could feel her flesh sear and blacken and slough away, could feel her blood boil and turn to steam, and yet there was no pain. She felt strong and new and fierce.

A lance of swirling dark flame took Kraznys full in the face. His eyes melted and ran down his cheeks

Dany could feel the heat of him [Drogon] between her thighs

When your dragons were small they were a wonder. Grown, they are death and devastation, a flaming sword above the world.

Apple will likely disgaree with me on this but I think Drogon is Jon's Lightbringer. Who knows, maybe AA was a warg, the first person to mount a dragon?

Lightbringer was never cold to the touch, but warm as Nissa Nissa had been warm. In battle the blade burned fiery hot. Once Azor Ahai fought a monster. When he thrust the sword through the belly of the beast, its blood began to boil. Smoke and steam poured from its mouth, its eyes melted and dribbled down its cheeks, and its body burst into flame.

Yet when she slept that night, she dreamt the dragon dream again. Viserys was not in it this time. There was only her and the dragon. Its scales were black as night, wet and slick with blood. Her blood, Dany sensed. Its eyes were pools of molten magma, and when it opened its mouth, the flame came roaring out in a hot jet. She could hear it singing to her, She opened her arms to the fire, embraced it, let it swallow her whole, let it cleanse her and temper her and scour her clean. She could feel her flesh sear and blacken and slough away, could feel her blood boil and turn to steam, and yet there was no pain. She felt strong and new and fierce.

A lance of swirling dark flame took Kraznys full in the face. His eyes melted and ran down his cheeks

When your dragons were small they were a wonder. Grown, they are death and devastation, a flaming sword above the world.

Apple will likely disgaree with me on this but I think Drogon is Jon's Lightbringer. Who knows, maybe AA was a warg, the first person to mount a dragon.

it's possible even likely depending on the way Jon comes back. If mel or some else gives him the kiss of life then probably, but if bloodraven/ bran use blood magic and Jon has a funeral pyre type scene then he probably ends up with a literal magic sword and/or armor. I really like the last sentence, I could easily foresee a warg versus fire and blood magical horn. It would be interesting to see an Arya or Sansa passive aggressive comment to Dany or Vic/Euron about how he/she is not in as control of a situation as they think they are.

Apple will likely disgaree with me on this but I think Drogon is Jon's Lightbringer. Who knows, maybe AA was a warg, the first person to mount a dragon.

"When he opened his eyes the Other's armor was running down its legs in rivulets as pale blue blood hissed and steamed around the black dragonglass dagger in its throat. It reached down with two bone-white hands to pull out the knife, but where its fingers touched the obsidian, they steamed.

Sam rolled onto his side, eyes wide as the Other shrank and puddled, dissolving away. In twenty heartbeats its flesh was gone, swirling away in a fine white mist ... [its bones] were melting too. Finally only the dragonglass dagger remained, wreathed in steam as if it were alive and sweating. Grenn bent to scoop it up and flung it down again at once. "Mother, that's cold."

This is the description of Sam killing the Other with the obsidian. I like to think it speaks for itself. I'll only add Gared's remark that, "Nothing burns like the cold."

I'm also not sure how the dragons are supposed to be the sword that kills a beast when the dragons are beasts.

How does this make Drogon Jon's Lightbringer instead of Dany's?

How does this make Drogon Jon's Lightbringer instead of Dany's?

Jon has the most foreshadowing for AA.

Between them, the Two Kings (Highgarden and Casterly Rock) had six-hundred banners flying, five thousand mounted knights, and ten times as many freeriders and men-at-arms . . . Near four thousand men had burned that day, among them King Mern of the Reach. King Loren had escaped

King Loren Lannister was captured, and later let go.

A combined force of a similar number, perhaps 50,000 composed of Lannister and Tyrell forces, lead by Lord Mace Tyrell of Highgarden and Ser Jaime Lannister, will meet Dany and her dragons for a second Field of Fire. Mace Tyrell will die in the battle, and Jaime will be captured. Tyrion will set Jaime free, to repay Jaime for his debt for freeing him.

After Mace Tyrell dies, Cersei will replace Mace with Jaime as her Hand.

Jon has the most foreshadowing for AA.

Between them, the Two Kings (Highgarden and Casterly Rock) had six-hundred banners flying, five thousand mounted knights, and ten times as many freeriders and men-at-arms . . . Near four thousand men had burned that day, among them King Mern of the Reach. King Loren had escaped

King Loren Lannister was captured, and later let go.

A combined force of a similar number, perhaps 50,000 composed of Lannister and Tyrell forces, lead by Lord Mace Tyrell of Highgarden and Ser Jaime Lannister, will meet Dany and her dragons for a second Field of Fire. Mace Tyrell will die in the battle, and Jaime will be captured. Tyrion will set Jaime free, to repay Jaime for his debt for freeing him.

After Mace Tyrell dies, Cersei will replace Mace with Jaime as her Hand.

I don't think so, at least as far as Jamie leading troops on the field of fire. Jamie seems pretty much done with Cersie and his whole charade and actually wants to tell his children, probably even more so if three dragons show up.

I don't think so, at least as far as Jamie leading troops on the field of fire. Jamie seems pretty much done with Cersie and his whole charade and actually wants to tell his children, probably even more so if three dragons show up.

Who is to say Jaime won't tell his children but still fight for them, especially in terms of what he thinks Dany will do to his children given the reputation she's acquiring?

The old Kings of the Rock had owned such a weapon, but the greatsword Brightroar had been lost when the second King Tommen carried it back to Valyria on his fool's quest. He had never returned; nor had Uncle Gery, the youngest and most reckless of his father's brothers, who had gone seeking after the lost sword some eight years past.

Brightroar was lost during the reign of King Tommen II Lannister. Tommen "Baratheon" is the second Lannister king on the IT, so if the second King Tommen appeared, does that mean Brightroar and Gerion will also appear?

I dunno if this has been mentioned before, but..

Clash of Kings, one of Bran's chapters: They didn't have to tell the truth, but the oaths were binding unless they said "Mayhaps". The trick was to say "Mayhaps" so the lord of the crossing didn't notice.

Storm of Swords, at the Red Wedding: "My lord!" Catelyn had almost forgotten. "Some food would be most welcome." ... Walder Frey's mouth moved in and out. "Food, heh. A loaf of bread, a bite of cheese, mayhaps a sausage."

Who is to say Jaime won't tell his children but still fight for them, especially in terms of what he thinks Dany will do to his children given the reputation she's acquiring?

The old Kings of the Rock had owned such a weapon, but the greatsword Brightroar had been lost when the second King Tommen carried it back to Valyria on his fool's quest. He had never returned; nor had Uncle Gery, the youngest and most reckless of his father's brothers, who had gone seeking after the lost sword some eight years past.

Brightroar was lost during the reign of King Tommen Lannister. Tommen "Baratheon" is the second Lannister king on the IT, so if the second King Tommen appeared, does that mean Brightroar and Gerion will also appear?

Still don't think so because there is always exile

Last time Tyrion sees Kevan, he says thats the last time he'll see that uncle, so there's some foreshadowing, not to mention Vic wanting to fight a guy with Valryian steal if Gerion pops back up in Essos

I don't think that this has popped up on these threads yet (at least the search function says it hasn't) but in AGoT Page 162 when Cat arrives at KL and is thinking about the Red Keep she thinks:

"Only the blood of the dragon would ever know the secrets of the fortress the Dragonlords had built, [Maegor] vowed"

And who is it who knows the most about the Red Keep and is also widely suspected (on these boards) of being a Blackfyre?

In AGoT, as Robb's northern army makes its way south they camp outside the Twins and Robb and his commanders parley with Ser Stevron Frey who suggests a meeting between Robb and Lord Walder. Roose Bolton advises:

"Go in there alone and you're his. He can sell you to the Lannisters, throw you in a dungeon or slit your throat, as he likes."

More argument ensues, to the displeasure of Ser Stevron, at which point Catelyn offers to go herself saying, in reply to the objections of her son and his bannermen:

"Lord Walder is my father's bannerman. I have known him since I was a girl. He would never offer me any harm" Unless he saw some profit in it, she added silently.

The quote in my signature-- When you know what a man wants, you know what he is, and how to move him.

Well, Sansa is now well aware that what Petyr wants is her. Maybe she will use that to "move" him? I have seen people theorize that she will bring about his demise, so it'd be cool if this quote actually had her realize she could use him the same way he uses others.

Arianne thinks Darkstar is pretty poison and didn't believe half the things they said about him.

Tryion, Lust is a poison. in ADWD.

Dany in ADWD, I will not call it love

Barriston, Her (Dany) love for him is poison. A sweet poison, yet it will kill her all the same.

George put a lot of set up for Darrio's betrayal unless it's a giant red herring, don't see what he could really do to mess shit up in Meerreen other than kill Barriston now that Vic has showed up, but he is in Yunaki camp and Dany wonders if they know how important he is to her in her last chapter.

The quote in my signature-- When you know what a man wants, you know what he is, and how to move him.

Well, Sansa is now well aware that what Petyr wants is her. Maybe she will use that to "move" him? I have seen people theorize that she will bring about his demise, so it'd be cool if this quote actually had her realize she could use him the same way he uses others.

i think i posted this in this thread or some other, but she thinks Lothar Brune wouldn't betray littlefinger in SOS, but in Feast she knows he wants Mya and there is foreshadowing of him wanting her hand and Winterfell, maybe she kills him during the wedding or bedding using Lothar

This may be silly but:

From the history we know no King in the North named Robb but there is a King in the North named Jon. Maybe that is a foreshadowing for Jon becoming a King in the North at the end?

I've always liked this idea, though I do hope there won't be another King Theon Stark in the near future! The third Davos chapter in ADWD, where we learn about King Jon Stark, is packed with potential hints:

The [Wolf's] Den was much older than White Harbour...It had been raised by King Jon Stark to defend the mouth of the White Knife against raiders from the sea. Many a younger son of the King in the North had made his seat there, many a brother, many an uncle, many a cousin.

I can't decide if the Wolf's Den's history is a nod towards a location related to the Night's Watch or to Winterfell itself. King Jon Stark could be Jon, who is associated with the Night's Watch and who spent much of ADWD rebuilding and garrisoning castles along the Wall to defend against the White Walkers. "Raiders from the sea"--"dead things in the water"--White Walkers or wights. (Or Ironborn of course.) Traditionally, younger sons of House Stark would serve the Night's Watch...and we definitely know of a King in the North who had an uncle on the Wall, as well as a "brother" who was actually his cousin :) (Am sure there have been loads of Stark uncles, brothers and cousins at the Wall, but this description sent my R+L=J spidey senses into overdrive)

The Wolf's Den as Winterfell:

The castle had passed through many other hands...Reavers from the Three Sisters took the castle once, making it their toehold in the north.

Davos passed through the Three Sisters on his way to White Harbour to convince House Manderly to bend the knee to Stannis, who hopes to make Winterfell and its new Lord his own toehold in the north. The reavers only took the castle "once," however, before it passed to another--Stannis' forces will make it to Winterfell, but his hold will be temporary.

Same for the hold of the Ironborn, other reavers associated with the sea.

i think i posted this in this thread or some other, but she thinks Lothar Brune wouldn't betray littlefinger in SOS, but in Feast she knows he wants Mya and there is foreshadowing of him wanting her hand and Winterfell, maybe she kills him during the wedding or bedding using Lothar

Nimble Dick in aFfC:

"There were Crabbs and Brunes and Bogges with Prince Rhaegar on the Trident, ... We're all good dragon men, up Crackclaw way."

A Lothar Brune betrayal of LF might be upcoming (just remember all the quotes about sellswords and loyalty), but in whose favor?

Archived