Ramsey's sick game

Bad Hound!

Apparently none of you have seen Surviving the Game.

1. If I don't know the land I'm running to the nearest river or terrain where dogs might temporarily lose the scent.

2. Finding anything and everything to wash, change, and disguise my scent.

3. I'm retracing my steps back to the castle and setting up shop, hiding, stealing weapons, and food. Ramsey knows the villages, he knows the avenues of escape, running is playing his game. Wait until he get bored or turns his frustrations to another target and saunter out of there.

4. There is the added bonus that if he find you 10 feet from the castle gates it send a big F you to him. Just make sure you have a plan B, don't let him take you alive.

Going back to a heavily armed castle, hmmm; well okay then.

And actually, quite a few of us made mention of the stream, confusing scent.

Also, everyone saying ''well you're going to die anyway'' actually, I was under the impression a few girls have escaped? not many, but enough to tell stories of ramsay and I think he likes that.

Don't run far at all, let him see you run into the forest then wait an hour and sneak back and hide somewhere in/around the castle. Once everyone is asleep go to the washerwomen's room and steal some peasant clothes and shoes (make sure to get something with a hood or grab a scarf to hide your hair), go to the kitchen and steal some salt beef and hard cheese, wrap it in a bundle and tie it around your waist (concealed by your skirts). Once Ramsay wakes up and leaves to hunt you take notice of which way he goes, get hoe or a basket or something so you like you're heading to do some work. Go in the opposite direction he went. Still dangerous but a little better odds.

Your only real hope is to come across someone who can help. It might not be the best kind of help and you might have to let them have their way with you, as long as they take you away form where you are.

The stream idea is good in theory, but naked and shoeless you are screwed. Firstly, it will be freezing so you can't stay in it for too long. Secondly, walking barefoot across through a stream is sooo hard. You will be constantly slipping and probably scraping and cutting your feet (which isn't going to help with the scent once you leave the stream.)

Just running is also futile. At night along cobbled streets is going to be a lot slower than on horse in the daytime, which Ramsey will be.

doubling back to the castle is good in theory, but do you not think this would be completely unanticipated? i'm sure the castle wouldn't all be asleep. you'd have people awake. it REALLY would not be easy to sneak into a fucking castle, just easily steal some food and some clothes and walk out again. i mean, seriously...

The problem is, for these poor girls, they don't know it's a game. I may be mistaken, but I think he leads them to believe they have escaped. They are probably so malnurished and frightened they can't think streight and probably don't have the strength to climb. Maybe tehy can chance on a river, but they are naked and it's cold in the North even during the summer. Ramsey is a sick bastard and a coward. He likes to set the game setting to easy. He has no intentions of giving the poor girl a fighting chance. The only way out is to get lucky, stumble upon somebody who will recue her. Diving into the water will just freeze her to death faster. Other than that she would have to be a warg, jump skin to one of the dogs, attack Ramsey and rip out his throat.

Well, if you just rubbed dirt and leaves and just about anything else you could find all over your body, would it do anything at all to disguise the scent? I really don't have a clue.

I would probably do that and just run as fast and as far as I possibly could, and on my way maybe look for something to use as some sort of weapon, some nice thick branch or something. Maybe if there are some mountain/hill type areas, get to a nice high spot and just pelt them with some big rocks, maybe you get lucky and crack his head open. :dunno:

Horse shit ought to do the trick.

I've thought about this as well. If I was hunted by dogs through a wood, I would dive and into and roll around in the first mudhole I came across to cover the scent a bit.

If you come across a farm you should run through the pig enclosure, that will confuse the dogs a great deal. Even better would be to roll in that mud and then release the pigs so that the dogs will have multiple tracks smelling similarly to follow.

I've thought about this as well. If I was hunted by dogs through a wood, I would dive and into and roll around in the first mudhole I came across to cover the scent a bit.

If you come across a farm you should run through the pig enclosure, that will confuse the dogs a great deal. Even better would be to roll in that mud and then release the pigs so that the dogs will have multiple tracks smelling similarly to follow.

that's probably one of the better ideas in this thread, someone this hysterical might not think of this, but this is definitely a good bet for survival

Why not try running a bit, then climbing a tree, but instead of staying there, travel through the treetops. The dogs would track your scent as far as the tree, but from there they wouldn't be able to track you anywhere else. Climb as far as you can, and either stay in a far away tree for another day or so, or climb back down and continue running.

Edit: That's assuming there isn't a close enough village where you can mix your scent with pigs or something, and assuming that you can find an area of the forest that's thick enough.

There are a few women that survived aren't there? Possibly.

Yes, a few women/girls have survived. I can't remember whose POV it is, but the character thinks about what's been said about Ramsey's idea of sport, as a few women lived to tell the tale.

Ramsay's game is heavily stacked in his favor. Your chances are very slim.

Ok, let's say it's summer and your chances will most likely improve. The chances of finding someone willing to help you is not very good. Nobody wants to end up at the Dreadfort getting skinned.

The best option is to steal a horse, if you can. And ride hard to Winterfell.

I would not spend any time trying to set up traps.

Archived