vikings! on the history channel? what the hell?

MercenaryChef

yeah. they were real. but,why is the history channel producing an action drama about my favorite culture of reavers, raiders and killers?

who is going to watch this? there is a part of me that intends to get shitfaced, take off my shirt, let my beard and hair flow free,grab my warhammer (albeit plastic) and howl my war cry to the chagrin of my wife and neighbours while i watch this dramatization of these amazing people.

I saw an ad for this, I didn't realize it wasn't a documentary. I might have to join you in the longboat for some reaving! It's amusing that it's playing after the new Bible mini-series. Come for God, stay for Odin!

Definitely looking forward to it. The pilot got a pretty good review over at IGN, but I didn't read the whole review for fear of possible spoilers.

It's a very interesting premise, I don't think I've seen a Viking TV show before. Considering that it's airing on History, it might actually retains some historical facts, unlike most of the " historical " series that have been airing in the past few years. ( Points to the Borgias and The Tudors )

Come for God, stay for Odin!

:lol:

That's good. :P

I'm also looking forward to The Bible. The trailer looked really good, and I've got high hopes for it. :)

Does anyone else think it's NOT a coincidence that the Viking series will be airing on Sundays at 10pm, which means it will immediately follow GoT (albeit on a different channel...)

In any case we can't wait! No offense Pawn Stars, but it's about time the History Channel aired some history ;)

Just saw the ads for this while eating some dinner and wondering why there wasn't a thread on westeros about it. Lo and behold, the chef taps into my latent psychic viking signals and starts a thread. :lol:

It's amusing that it's playing after the new Bible mini-series. Come for God, stay for Odin!

For realz. I read that it's Vikings ala 'Sons of Anarchy'.

Not really sure History channel can do a Vikings show justice. These were some of the most brutal people in history. All they did was rape pillage kill and sail. This show would be much better suited for Hbo or Starz to portray them accurately.

I thought this looked shitty from the previews (and they used Awolnation, what the hell?) and it's gotten good reviews from people I tend to agree with, so... I decided to watch after all. This is much less cheesy than I expected. I wish I could grow a beard.

I know very little about this, but I would sacrifice a goat or six to Odin if Kair would film MC watching this thing and post it.

I will say that the production values, from what I've seen, look surprisingly good for History Channel.

Archived