Little Theories

Sand Snake No. 9

This is a thread for theories that don't deserve their own thread. It's for conclusions you've come to through reading that will make very little difference to the resolution of the story, theories that don't really need confirmation, theories that, if proven untrue, won't ruin your day, or random thoughts that aren't worth fighting about. Crackpot or not.

I'm hoping that the revelation of these little theories, perhaps thoughts you haven't expressed before, will reveal something new and exciting.

Some of my random thoughts and conclusions:

Taena Merryweather, from Myr, is spying for Varys, who has lots of Essos connections. Her assignment was to aggravate the tensions between Cersei and the Tyrells and to be one pair of his eyes in the Court now that Varys is in hiding.

That some Northern Lords already know or suspect "Arya Stark" is be an imposter.

That some Vale lords already know or suspect that "Alayne Stone" is an imposter.

Cersei sees a man with plague sores on his face in the crowd when she makes her walk of shame. That man is the Faceless Man with sores on his face who spoke to Arya after the meeting of the FM.

The ASOIAF world is one where is proven that magic exists but the existence of gods is in doubt. Arya's "prayer" is actually a spell and the people on her list will all die because of its influence.

That the Night's Watch vows are also a magic spell – for example, reciting it opened the weirwood door at Castle Black. Spells can be turned on and off by reciting certain words or performing certain acts. When Jon died the spell was broken and he is no longer bound by the vow. See Fairy Tales 101.

Mormont's crow is Bloodraven's childhood familiar. BR bonded with this raven while a child at Raventree Hall and it followed BR all of his life. BR either told the raven to remain with the LC of the Night's Watch when he left to go to the CotF, or sent it back to keep an eye on things.

That Big Walder killed Little Walder after Little Walder found something in the crypts that Big Walter wanted. This is a GRRM tribute to Lord of the Rings (Smeagol killing his friend to get the ring.)

Nymeria and her pack are frequently near Darry because that's where her sister Lady was killed.

That the words of some houses are actually messages the true meaning of which has been forgotten. For example, the Targaryen's words "Blood and Fire" is actually the short form formula for hatching dragons.

Your turn.

You're not getting any replies because we're all shocked and bewildered at how random and wild these predictions are lol. I will contribute to this though, hopefully tomorrow. I'll think of a couple good ones too.

You're not getting any replies because we're all shocked and bewildered at how random and wild these predictions are lol. I will contribute to this though, hopefully tomorrow. I'll think of a couple good ones too.

Thar may be gold in them thar random theories -- other peoples, not mine, lol. That's what I'm looking for.

Nymeria and her pack are frequently near Darry because that's where her sister Lady was killed.

This is solid.

Aurane Waters, now confirmed to be a pirate, (which was a small theory of mine) will be faking out the Ironborn (and possibly Dany) when they collide in the Narrow Sea. (Because Cersei's dromonds. The result will be lulzy)

Dany parlays with Dorne in person, only to get the finger. And the lovely label of Kinslayer.

Arya and Sam meet again.

Taena Merryweather, from Myr, is spying for Varys, who has lots of Essos connections. Her assignment was to aggravate the tensions between Cersei and the Tyrells and to be one pair of his eyes in the Court now that Varys is in hiding.

Counter: Taena is actually Doran's spy. But she is indeed someone's spy.

Confirmed Pet Theory of mine:

Arianne gets into Aegon's orbit and possibly marries him.

UnCat gets iced by Brienne.

Howland Reed is the one who currently has Ned's bones and this is how he gets (FINALLY) introduced to the story in person.

I think the northerners really are colluding and when the veil comes off, it'll take a lot of people by surprise.

I also agree with you about the Watch vows. The weirwood vows have real power.

I think Sansa's going to skinchange into birds as her "specialty."

Dorne tells Dany to go to hell.

Stannis will fake his death.

Another one

Cersei will be strangled with the chain of golden hands, the same chain that strangled Shea, so that the proud Cersei meets the same fate as a whore. This will be payback for her contemptuous treatment of Shae's remains, as well as a continuation, if you will, of her walk of shame.

Use of the chain will be particularly apt if the one-handed Jaime does the strangling because the prophecy states "he will wrap his hands" around Cersei's neck. Note the symbolism as well, Goldenhand the Just strangling his once dearly beloved sister with golden hands.

Jon's birth father is the Mad King, Aerys Targarian

Wha.. whe... How?

My theory is that there wont be a big fight against the other in the book. The books will end with the start of the battle, the leader (Jon, Dany, Tyrion, whoever) holds a speech and leaps into battle.

Apparantly not

The waif is Doran Martell's bastard daughter.

Agree about the Weirwood vows and that Dorne won't align with Dany.

Lyanna was buried with her Targaryen wedding cloak.

Varys will be the only original player of the game of thrones to survive the series.

Loras isn't as badly injured as we are being led to believe.

I think Raynald Westerling is alive and will join up with the BWB and be at the Riverrun wedding.

Something I saw from someone here that would be cool - Ashara is alive and with Aegon as Lemore and Barristan leaves Dany for her. Which is her betray for love thing.

Archived