The future of Great Jon and Sir Loras in WOW

drayrock

Crackpot: I like the idea of loras taking the gift and demanding the life of cersei in exchange. Then arya (yes I know she knows cersei) gets to go because she convinces the kindly man she is no one and "no one" has never met cersei. Then she can kill cersei.

The only problem with this is I doubt the FM would want loras' life in exchange. Its not important enough for him.

Crackpot: I like the idea of loras taking the gift and demanding the life of cersei in exchange. Then arya (yes I know she knows cersei) gets to go because she convinces the kindly man she is no one and "no one" has never met cersei. Then she can kill cersei.

The only problem with this is I doubt the FM would want loras' life in exchange. Its not important enough for him.

Not that I agree with the theory or anything, but the sacrifice that Faceless Men ask for is not necessarily something that is valuable to their organization, but rather something that is valuable for their client.

Just want to mention right now that Loras will not champion Margaery, whether he's hurt or not. It's already been said in-text that she'll simply get a trial by the Faith, since she is convinced she can prove to the masses that she is innocent of the filth she was accused of by Cersei. So no, no championing. Cersei will get a trial by combat, but not Marge.

Margaery might still switch to a trial by combat if the trial goes against her, just as Tyrion did. It very well might go against her if Cercei's trial is first and if she is free when Margaery goes to trial. Loras could be a very effective ace up her sleeve.

Margaery might still switch to a trial by combat if the trial goes against her, just as Tyrion did. It very well might go against her if Cercei's trial is first and if she is free when Margaery goes to trial. Loras could be a very effective ace up her sleeve.

It's not actually clear that Loras is a very effective fighter. He's shown to be a good jouster, but one that uses somewhat underhanded techniques.

Later, he gets soundly thrashed by Brienne.

When Renly gets killed, he goes nuts and attacks his fellow rainbow guards, but again, it's not clear that killing surprised and in-mourning friends shows a lot of skill.

At the battle of the Blackwater, he's not noted as doing anything, while Garlan actually wore Renly's armor, led the attack, and killed Ser Guyard, who was also in the rainbow guard but defected to Stannis.

So really, we don't have much evidence that Loras is really a warrior at all. If I were the Tyrells, I'd probably choose Garlan to do my fighting for me, since he's bigger, stronger, and more battle tested.

• 2 weeks later...

I think as far as Loras goes, he's probably okay. I think the Queen of Thorns probably had his involvement in the battle faked. Because really his injuries are far to detailed for a battle field like that.

As for Great Jon I hope he escapes and I hope that the Walder Frey watches as his entire family (minus the few good ones we've seen) is picked off one by one and he is the last of his line to die.

• 11 months later...

Yes, Rob made his heir but he thought Bran, Rickon, and Arya dead. The point was that Winterfell not go to a Lannister child of Sansa. On the other hand, then what is the point of Rickon? Maybe he becomes the king beyond the wall? He's wild possibly too wild and being raised/protected by a wilding.

Yes, Rob made his heir but he thought Bran, Rickon, and Arya dead. The point was that Winterfell not go to a Lannister child of Sansa. On the other hand, then what is the point of Rickon? Maybe he becomes the king beyond the wall? He's wild possibly too wild and being raised/protected by a wilding.

Exactly. Jon would never walk past his own brothers and take Winterfell or the crown from them. If they would be dead, then yes but not with them alive. Maybe he can become some kind of regent and since Bran and Rickon both are not capable of riding along side their bannerman to war maybe he can represent them their.

GreatJon, god I love that guy. I really hope he will be freed. The wedding at the twins would seem as the perfect opportunity so I will have my fingers crossed for that one!

I'm not sure Loras is near death but I also don't see him fighting Ser Strong. If I'm not mistaken Marg will be getting a regular trial which we know is in her best interest because not only do the people love her but the High Septon doesn't seem to believe she's guilty. And besides who says Ser Strong is capable of fighting. He's strong but he seems mindless, you need a mind to fight right?

I'm not sure Loras is near death but I also don't see him fighting Ser Strong. If I'm not mistaken Marg will be getting a regular trial which we know is in her best interest because not only do the people love her but the High Septon doesn't seem to believe she's guilty. And besides who says Ser Strong is capable of fighting. He's strong but he seems mindless, you need a mind to fight right?

The Arya sample chapter in the winds of winter makes me believe that RS does win the trial by battle and Cersei is somehow still in power. I don't have the exact quote, but most people seem to think this is the case.

The Arya sample chapter in the winds of winter makes me believe that RS does win the trial by battle and Cersei is somehow still in power. I don't have the exact quote, but most people seem to think this is the case.

Oh, I have no doubt Cersei is alive. My point is lets not turn RS into Ser Arthur Dayne. For all we know something unexpected happens and Cersei skates on a technicality. In fact I'd be shocked if her trail is that simple.

Tormund > Greatjon. Sorry

I really couldn't care less about Loras. I'm glad he 'vanished'.

In what respect? ;)

In my speculative universe, King Jon will need both the GreatJon and Tormund and many others to become hero king of the world. Both has reason to be loyal to him.

I love the suggestions that Roslyn and/or Jamie will play a part in GJ's escape.

Loras will be back to play his part in the sh*t storm that will be WoW, but he's bound to be hurt at the moment. He was supposed to be burnt, right? You wouldn't make up that story without knowing you will have to show burn scars.

Its possible that the Hound could fight Ser Strong according to the theory that he's on the Quiet Isle as a gravedigger which would associate him with the Faith for the trial. http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/60808-the-gravedigging-hound-complete-analysis/

Also I think that the BWB could use Jaime to get revenge on people that LS sees as more directly involved with the RW, they've already used Brienne to get Jaime, why not use Jaime to get Freys and/or Boltons, and maybe free prisoners such as the Greatjon.

I don't trust Cersei's POV, Loras is probably alive at least, possibly injured, maybe disfigured.

Archived