[BOOK SPOILERS] Who is the least accurately represented character in the series?

Blackfyre the Bold

Oh, and I like Lena but based on Sarah Connor and 300 she looks beautiful as a brunette not as a blond. She's not ugly of course but I don't think she's stunning.

Then again Cersei's looks are supposed to deteriorate so maybe it's good she starts the way she is.

Wut.

Look, i do not have love for Robert Baratheon, but Mark Addy was badass in his portrayal!

And Michelle Fairley is amazing, shut up. :P

If yer talking about show vs book, Dany makes the cut. Her portrayal in the show is just...no.

Mark Addy did an amazing job as Robert, he's no longer the great warrior he used to be, and that was mde clear in his was stories scenes "gods I was so strong then", I think he was one of the best performance in the first seasos, I like TV Robert more tha book Roberts, and that's a lot to say.

As for Dany in the books she's "just...no" in the shows she's "seven hells, no!!"

Illyrio Mopatis in the series doesn't seem like he was once a bad boy either.

Yup, he's not fat enough for what Tyrions describe him, and you don't get a feeling that he used to be a great warrior in his youth either, but maybe he can do better in the next seasons, we barely seens 3 scenes with him in the show

I can't see past Argus Filch. :stillsick:

That`s where I was heading for...Poor man, to be in two greatest series on big and small screen and yet to act such two hatred characters...

Oh, and I like Lena but based on Sarah Connor and 300 she looks beautiful as a brunette not as a blond. She's not ugly of course but I don't think she's stunning.

Then again Cersei's looks are supposed to deteriorate so maybe it's good she starts the way she is.

I find something in blonde Lena enchanting...Not in a good way, in a Cersei way...She does her job extremly well...

But we can all agree that Walder Frey is equally creepy on both books and series...

Having Argus Filch from Harry Potter play Walder was amazingly hilarious and great.

Joff still has them and Jack Gleeson is even worse than the books.

The biggest difference, I think, is Iian Glen. I forget what the hell Jorah is supposed to look like when reading the books, and all of Jorah's dialogue sounds like Glen in my head. He's yummy.

Charles Dance made me like Tywin, still a jack ass, but I love every second he's on screen.

Joff has fangirls? Really? Ewww.

Hahaha agree about Jorah. It sucks because i DONT like Jorah in the books. Show Jorah is just a smooth mofo. He does this sad puppy face and i forget i want to punch the character. Dammit!

As for Dany in the books she's "just...no" in the shows she's "seven hells, no!!"

:lmao:

I think just about everyone (save Dany's actress) is really amazing though. Sam is just too perfect and Pyp and Grenn! <3 Too many to list. Everyone is wonderful. Outside some minor quirks, like Kit Harington's mouth closing issue (which i hope will change this next season...), Stephen Dillane's jitter, Dinklage's wonky accent, Lena Heady's eyebrows of darkness, and stuff like that, the cast rocks.

Jaqen H'ghar all day erryday!

In terms of looks I would say Asha is not how I pictured her.

In terms of character Cersei and Shea are completely different people. That said, I love the Cersei change. I'm withholding judgement on Shea until I see the direction they take it.

GreatJon, if you're wondering if greatjon was there, then exactly! GreatJon was supposed to be imposing, you probably didn't notice him.

actually i'd say a most are not "strictly" accurate.

example, Peter Dinklage's Tyrion was great but tyrion was supposed to be ugly. still i think Peter owned the role.

Ugh, I always hate it when people say this. All of the characters are aged up. I think Michelle looks amazing for a woman in her late 40s. Ned was aged up as well, but no one complains about Sean Bean looking "old."

As for the question, I'm tempted to say Jorah, but I enjoy watching Iain Glenn so much that I'm not about to complain. :P

actually i think he is old, since Ned was supposed to be in his 30s. but still i think he's perfect for Ned.

I can't see past Argus Filch. :stillsick:

same here, i keep expecting that he'd be holding a cat at some point. :laugh:

The ones for me that really just don't even compare to the book characters

• Renly: The funny thing is I'm not even a big Renly fan, but in the books he still had this prescence - this tall, powerful, super handsome, black haired blue eyed charming guy. Show Renly is average height, scrawny, very average looking and a complete wuss. You don't get the sense of this guy who's confident to the point of arrogance, the characteristic that defined Renly in the books, and when he tried to pull of the snarky Renly lines in season 2 like "born amidst salt and smoke" it just came of as really weak and forced, and even Stephen Dillanes performance as Stannis in that scene was more "srsly bro?" than the fuming, tooth grinding Stannis we see in the books, because I mean honestly, how could I guy like that get under someones skin?
  • Asha: In my personal opinion, Asha Greyjoy is the hottest female character in the books - maybe not in terms of conventional beauty or charm, but just the combination of her personality with that sort of tough and unconventional sexy look shes described as having in the books. On the show the look is completely not there, and while the personality is there to an extent (her "cripple of the six year old" line was funny), she's still lacking in a certain charisma that she had in the books.
  • Jon Snow: This is the least grievous of my concerns, but for one thing, Jon is not a pretty boy, and for another thing...something abotu show Jon just doesnt grip me the way book Jon did. I think that's more to do with the fact that he's a very introspective character who isnt being properly portrayed in that sense on TV than anything to do with Kit Haringtons acting though. The show writing just makes him out to be a doofus when in the books hes not at all.

I have a lot of small things about everyone else, but honestly those are the only ones I really feel could benefit from a recasting.

Am I the only one noticing Dany`s black eyebrows in the show? I hate that...

Nope, you're not the only one. It prevents me from finding her attractive at all either if I might add as it reminds me of Lisa from The Room, and if anyone knows what Im talking about you'll immeadiately know why thats a major turnoff.

accents ....I could write a long long post on this but thought better of it... its a bit hard to take different members of the same family having quite different regional/class accents but you just get over that and enjoy the ones that do it well like Rob Stark. Jaime's interesting to listen to because his accent wobbles about a bit too but I don't mind that. Tyrion's old fashioned 'posh' diction (is it RADA?) sounds a bit annoying but I've got used to it.

Show Jon "grips" me just fine. :leer: Alls he needs to do is close his mouth. Thats it. Kit Harington's main issue isnt his own acting as much as the writing kind of fucking with him especially in Season 2.

Oh shit, yeah Asha. What happened there? Her look isnt as bothersome as her maudlin portrayal. Book Asha isnt doom and gloom. Shes quite perky for an Ironborn chick.

Archived