Which POVS do you want The Winds of Winter to focus on?

Holy Sock

In a nutshell....... Jon Snow. I know some people believe he is dead, but I need to know soon!

Davos is a favourite of mine & looking forward to seeing how things really are on Skagos.

Jaime, possibly the most complex character in the series is always a good read.

Theon, mainly because it will cover Stannis & Ramsey aswell. Plus I'm looking forward to seeing if he gets redemption.

& my personnel favourite Arya. Always brilliant chapters.

I expect that the Wall storyline will be placed firmly on the back burner throughout the next book, probably until the final chapters where we might see something like the 'Meereen-heavy' conclusion of 'A Dance With Dragons'. Mainly from a meta-level, because the story here is much more advanced than the rest of the plot threads.

I hope that the North (particularly Stannis' storyline) is heavily featured, with lots of chapters dealing with the politics. I'd like to see a healthy number of Theon, Asha and Davos chapters.

I could see Arianne being thrust into the spotlight in the next novel too, her opening chapters don't reveal an awful lot of information which suggests that they are building up Arianne's character for a larger role.

Meereen must also be a fairly important action point for 'Winds' though like everybody else, I'd like to see Dany's faction become more prominent by the end of the next novel.

I would hate Varys and Littlefinger being POVs! I just think it would ruin the sense of mystery surrounding both men. It would be interesting to get inside their head's at some point but i would only want it to be right towards the end of the series. Like a lot of others, i am eager for more Sansa chapters purely for Littlefinger, it is so cool whenever he talks about the Game of Thrones to her!

I'd love a LF epilogue where Sansa offs him.

The main focus should be on the 'originals', ie. Jon, Dany, Arya, Sansa, and Tyrion, plus Jaime and Cersei. I haven't included Bran here as I don't believe he'll have many chapters (though I do think he'll have a large presence throughout the book via tree powers). In fact this is how i would like to see it broken down:

Tyrion - 9

Jaime - 8

Cersei - 7

Dany - 7

Sansa - 7

Arya - 7

Jon - 6

Davos - 6

Theon - 6

Arianne - 6

Sam - 6

Victarion - 5

Brienne - 5

Melisandre - 4

Asha - 4

Barristan - 3 (early death :crying: )

Damphair - 3

Areo - 3

Bran - 3

JonCon - 3

Can't for the life of me think of th 21st?!

This would total 108, which sounds a bit high actually so i guess some of those would have to be cut down a bit. What I don't want is for 3-4 characters to dominate with 10+ chapters each and the rest to get short shrift.

Where is 21 coming from again? The #of POVs so far...Ned

Martin has left himself with 21 possible POVs for TWoW and since the books cannot possibly give each character the same attention I was wondering which characters would you like the book to focus on or which characters the book should foucs on? Or, I suppose, which characters would you like to have the most chapters?

There are multiple characters who have an intertwined story currently such as Theon/Asha and Jaime/Brienne/Stoneheart and others who soon will be if they survive (Barristan/Vic/Tyrion/Dany, this could eliminate some of the high number of POV's because one character can tell the story of two or three.

The main focus should be on the 'originals', ie. Jon, Dany, Arya, Sansa, and Tyrion, plus Jaime and Cersei. I haven't included Bran here as I don't believe he'll have many chapters (though I do think he'll have a large presence throughout the book via tree powers).

I agree with your take on Bran. An early chapter showing his powers and perhaps a Jons parentage revealed chapter are the only needed Bran POV's. All of Brans other story lines can be told through others and the weirwoods. I do like Bran chapters and if this is how it will happen I will be a little upset but it's a sheer numbers game and someones chapters need to be cut. This just seems to take the least away from the story.

Victarion- because he's awesome

Barristan- for the battle scenes of fire

Asha- for the battle scenes of ice

Arianne- for the Aegon conquest

Connington- for the Aegon conquest

Based on my selection, it's obvious that I really just want to read the climax that I supposed to get in ADWD and scenes that actually result in significant events.

There will be no new POVs and a lot of deaths, as GRRM has stated.

I'm sure many current POV characters will meet their demise in TWOW, many being early on.

On an interesting side note who do people think will die?

I'm gonna say:

Theon

Barristan

Connington

Roose/Ramsay or Both

Jaime (not initially but somewhere later in the book)

Doran Martel

And maybe Littlefinger, maybe Tomnen?

The book should focus on four major locations/events in the first half:

1. The Battle of Winterfell and the Wall (POV: Theon, Asha, Melisandre)

2. The Battle of Meereen (POV: Ser Barristan, Tyrion, Victarion, eventually Daenerys)

3. King's Landing (POV: as of yet only Cersei, I think he'll finally have to give us Tyrell POV, possibly Margaery, or, even better, Tyene Sand)

4. Aegon's conquest (POV: Jon Connington, Arianne)

The stories of all the other characters should develop around these major events. Jaime and Brienne - along with Catelyn and her band - should make their moves in the vicinity of the downfall of House Lannister and Aegon's rise to Aegon VI Targaryen. They may actually participate in it.

Sansa and Arya's stories should be continued as well, but I don't see how they could participate in those main stories soon. Arya has yet to get a real assignment as a Faceless Girl, and Sansa can only start to make an impact on the main story when Littlefinger decides what they want to do.

Samwell should start his time as maester-in-training, and I could see him and Sarella playing a crucial role in convincing House Hightower to abandon King Tommen in favor of King Aegon.

The fact that many POVs will finally be in one place again (Theon/Asha, Melisandre/Jon, Jaime/Brienne, Tyrion/Victarion/Barristan/Dany (eventually), Jon Connington/Arianne) should enable GRRM to continue in a much faster pace than he did in previous novels. We don't need as many chapters from the same POV to get his story and the story as whole forward.

The story just can't go on without Tyrion and Dany and I want to hear all about them!

Arya's story absolutely should be continued and Bran will be hugely important.

We might need a Sansa POV for telling us about LF and maybe the girl herself starts to get really interesting.

There are Arianne, Aegon and Jon Connington.

What about Jon?? Or will there be Ghost POV's?

And I really want Jaime and Brienne.

I'd love to read about Cersei as well.

And Theon! And Asha! And Davos!

• 4 weeks later...

I would love to see more focus on the originals as they complete their arc. I have to admit I am kind of tired of Dany in the free cities... I am way way more interested in all things Westeros.

Definitely, would love several chapters covering Oldtown, I thought the plot there was super interesting!!

I do think that we will be getting new character points of view but probably from characters in the North (maybe Patchface) since we need someone to cover POV for the Others and way up north. GRRM has repeatedly said that we will go way, way North in WoW.

Also, maybe a POV from one of the Tyrells?

So far he's confirmed these as POV characters:

Of these i really I want to see Sansa play more of a role, everyone thinks she's gonna step up, i think she's been on the sidelines too long now

Yes, I think Sansa would have to complete too much of her arc in too little time in order to step up as much as people want her to. I think for her the most we can expect is just stopping LF plans... but not so much that she might become queen.

New POVs that I would love: the Dusky Woman, Varys, Littlefinger, Patchface, Daario, Grey Worm, Darkstar, Ilyn Payne, Roose Bolton, Ramsey Snow, Myrcella, Rickon

If he would use the new POVs to cover the storylines together with a few major other ones (Daenerys, Jon, Tyrion, Sansa, Arya, Bran, Theon, Jamie, Cersei, Arienne, Davos) he could do without a lot of the other POVs. Personally I am over-Greyjoyed. The Theon story is one of the best (if not the best) in the book, but I find Aeron, Victarion and even Asha a bit tedious......

Absolutely agree. Too many Greyjoys, all of them with too many family issues!

The North and Meereen need to be the focus. Also, characters need to be killed or written off in order to realistically end the series in 2 more books (TWoW and ADoS).

Dany, Tyrion, Jon (?), Bran should be the focus. Whatever the Hell Sansa is doing needs to happen and quickly so we can get some more North exposition.

I think the King's Landing/Aegon stuff is secondary

if u see ADWD chapters

http://towerofthehand.com/books/105/

CHAPTER SUMMARIES

1. PROLOGUE 26. THE WINDBLOWN 51. DAENERYS VIII 2. TYRION I 27. THE WAYWARD BRIDE 52. THEON I 3. DAENERYS I 28. TYRION VII 53. DAENERYS IX 4. JON I 29. JON VI 54. JON XI 5. BRAN I 30. DAVOS IV 55. CERSEI I 6. TYRION II 31. DAENERYS V 56. THE QUEENSGUARD 7. THE MERCHANT'S MAN 32. MELISANDRE I 57. THE IRON SUITOR 8. JON II 33. REEK III 58. TYRION XI 9. TYRION III 34. TYRION VIII 59. JON XII 10. DAVOS I 35. BRAN III 60. THE DISCARDED KNIGHT 11. JON III 36. JON VII 61. THE SPURNED SUITOR 12. DAENERYS II 37. DAENERYS VI 62. THE GRIFFIN REBORN 13. REEK I 38. THE PRINCE OF ... 63. THE SACRIFICE 14. BRAN II 39. THE WATCHER 64. VICTARION I 15. TYRION IV 40. JON VIII 65. THE UGLY LITTLE GIRL 16. DAVOS II 41. TYRION IX 66. CERSEI II 17. DAENERYS III 42. THE TURNCLOAK 67. TYRION XII 18. JON IV 43. THE KING'S PRIZE 68. THE KINGBREAKER 19. TYRION V 44. DAENERYS VII 69. THE DRAGONTAMER 20. DAVOS III 45. JON IX 70. JON XIII 21. REEK II 46. THE BLIND GIRL 71. THE QUEEN'S HAND 22. JON V 47. A GHOST IN WINTERFELL 72. DAENERYS X 23. TYRION VI 48. TYRION X 73. EPILOGUE 24. DAENERYS IV 49. JAIME I 25. THE LOST LORD 50. JON X

you can easily found we have 71 chapters+prologeu+epilogue.

So my wishlist is:

Prologue: Fall of the Wall.

Cersei 6

Sansa 6

Tyrion 6

Daenerys 6

Jaime 5

Brienne 5

Arya 5

Sam 5

Arrianne 5

Asha 4

JonCon 3

Victarion 3

Ser Barristan Selmy 3

Davos 3

Theon 3

Bran 3

Jon 2

Damphair 2

Melisandra 2

Aero Hotah 1

Epilogue: a tale of a Children of the Forest

78+2 i have here :)

Jon is one of my favourite characters. I want only 2chapters for THIS book. But i want these 2 chapters to be diamonds. Something epic.

It will be better if Cersei dies and we have less chapters of her. But there is no POV chapter for King's Landing remaining. So she may make it until book7. On the other hand why we should need eye Pov at KL anymore? We need eyes in "colder" environment.

I'd like to read more POVs that give insight on the past so I'd like a few good Bran POVs.

I'm itching to find out what Varys is up to but I'm afraid he won't get a POV

I wouldn't mind if Cersei got killed off after Arianne reached KL

Love Jon, you know how it goes, but please not in Ghost mode!

And since I'm a fan... more Davos

Archived