Dany will not side with Aegon

PonchoBear

The question is if Aegon has the crown, KL, and has broken free of Varys allowing him to cut a deal with the rivals like the Lannisters and Tyrells before Dany arrives. If so she will be in the situation of considering the good of Westeros, or of preserving family integrity by overthrowing the fraud.

The consensus is that Dany and Aegon will have a second Dance of Dragons; Aegon will marry Arianne and have the backing of Dorne while Dany will have the Vale.Dany will learn about Aegon, and that he is not who he says he is.

That theory has been around on this forum for quite a while.

Always search the forum before posting threads.

But if Aegon offers a revival of Polygamy and a marriage/co rule after he reunifies the realm and Dany arrives then it would be hard for her to justify tearing her realm apart because Aegon is from a different Valyrian Family that survived the centuries.

Everyone is under the impression that when both Danys armies of Unsullied, Ironmen, Dothraki and Mercenaries land on Westeros shores that she will flock to join Aegon with his Mercenaries, Stormlands Targaryen loyalists and the retinue of Dornish who journey to see Aegon in the Winds of Winter preview chapter.

I think that Dany wont be standing for what she believes is a fake Targaryen - At least until her dragons show some form of like/dislike for him anyhow which I think may just end up leaving Aegon looking like Quentyn.Martell. Whereas Aegon has already shown he dosent want, or need Dany when he is advised to leave for Westeros without her, so that she can come begging to him rather than the other way about.

Dany dosent beg, She is too proud to beg, and is becoming more and more like Viserys in that sense, This could and I think, will end all chance of an Alliance - And we will see the number of Monarchs in the War of the 5 kings brought back up to 5, as everytime we have been depleted below that number, George has introduced a new Claimant.

Please, share your opinions and poke holes in my theory :D

She's going to fry his fake ass and any gullible supporters he has managed to pick up so far will dessert him and flock to her banner. This whole Aegon sub plot is completely irrelevant to the main story and is just pointless padding.

She's going to fry his fake ass and any gullible supporters he has managed to pick up so far will dessert him and flock to her banner. This whole Aegon sub plot is completely irrelevant to the main story and is just pointless padding.

It is hard to do that without setting foot on Westeros. He is gaining supporters and important locations while she is figuring out the Mereneese Knot and while her dragons are completely untrained and not very useful for her.

By the time she arrives Aegon will be in the process of healing the kingdom and she will have to struggle with a moral dilema for the first time in her career. She justified Essos by slavery, but will a good king who had nothing to do with her family's destruction be justified by a birthright; when he is claiming to be Rhaegar's son and supported by Jon Connington one of Rhaegar's friends and a loyalist, and offering her a very prominent place in the kingdom although he has the better claim? He might or might not be fake.

It is hard to do that without setting foot on Westeros. He is gaining supporters and important locations while she is figuring out the Mereneese Knot and while her dragons are completely untrained and not very useful for her.

By the time she arrives Aegon will be in the process of healing the kingdom and she will have to struggle with a moral dilema for the first time in her career. She justified Essos by slavery, but will a good king who had nothing to do with her family's destruction be justified by a birthright; when he is claiming to be Rhaegar's son and supported by Jon Connington one of Rhaegar's friends and a loyalist, and offering her a very prominent place in the kingdom although he has the better claim? He might or might not be fake.

I think having three dragons basically trumps any claim anyone else makes. She will arrive as a conqueror. Or saviour. He might not be fake I suppose but GRRM has already hinted heavily that he is. It's irrelevant anyway. She has the dragons.

If the war is over when she arrives she has a moral problem she has never faced before. This will be the first time her best interests and the right thing won't clearly be the same thing; and if we know Aegon is fake it doesn't mean Dany knows.

The consensus is that Dany and Aegon will have a second Dance of Dragons; Aegon will marry Arianne and have the backing of Dorne while Dany will have the Vale.Dany will learn about Aegon, and that he is not who he says he is.

Dany will have the Vale? History could repeat itself, with Dany offering Sweetrobin a dragon ride in exchange for his fealty, as Visenya did with Ronnel Arryn.

Actually, Dany and Sweetrobin would make a hell of a political match. (Don't like that, Lord Baelish? Well dracarys to you!)

Everyone is under the impression that when both Danys armies of Unsullied, Ironmen, Dothraki and Mercenaries land on Westeros shores that she will flock to join Aegon with his Mercenaries, Stormlands Targaryen loyalists and the retinue of Dornish who journey to see Aegon in the Winds of Winter preview chapter.

I think that Dany wont be standing for what she believes is a fake Targaryen - At least until her dragons show some form of like/dislike for him anyhow which I think may just end up leaving Aegon looking like Quentyn.Martell. Whereas Aegon has already shown he dosent want, or need Dany when he is advised to leave for Westeros without her, so that she can come begging to him rather than the other way about.

Dany dosent beg, She is too proud to beg, and is becoming more and more like Viserys in that sense, This could and I think, will end all chance of an Alliance - And we will see the number of Monarchs in the War of the 5 kings brought back up to 5, as everytime we have been depleted below that number, George has introduced a new Claimant.

Please, share your opinions and poke holes in my theory :D

i think I generally agree with you, based primarily on the fact that if they did join together it would just be too easy, and we all know how Mr. Martin "loves" letting people take the easy road. :D

I hope they don't, how boring would that be? A second Dance of the Dragons is far better than the two of them just getting along and steamrolling all opposition. If Martin wanted the ''good guys'' to sing Kumbaya together and magically solve every problem, he would have allied Renly and Robb. ASoIaF is thankfully not that kind of story.

Dany will have the Vale? History could repeat itself, with Dany offering Sweetrobin a dragon ride in exchange for his fealty, as Visenya did with Ronnel Arryn.

Actually, Dany and Sweetrobin would make a hell of a political match. (Don't like that, Lord Baelish? Well dracarys to you!)

Sweetrobin SUCKS. he's too frail to ride a dragon anyway. Interesting historical connection though. What evidence is there to suggest she will go to the Vale first?

First, not 'everyone' thinks Aegon and Dany are destined to ally themselves. It's actually a fairly unpopular speculation on this forum. See search link in my sig for further info.

The mummers dragon, do you think it is Dany or Aegon? or neither?

Since you've already received adequate responses on your OP, I figured I'd touch on this one. I lean more towards Aegon being the mummer's dragon, meaning he's not truly Aegon son of Rhaegar. Most probably a Blackfyre.

Still, I sometimes find myself crackpotting on this quote from Dany. Jorah asks her what a mummer's dragon is, and she replies:

“A cloth dragon on poles,” Dany explained. “Mummers use them in their follies, to give the heroes something to fight.”

In her own words, in a play dragon's are used as a mechanism to give the heroes something to overcome. They aren't good things.

Where is Dr Pepper and her 'Search, learn to use it' sig when you need her?

My lady calls, I answer. ;)

On the notes of that quote, I am actually more drawn to Jorahs "to give the heroes something to fight" It screams that the Targaryens will be viewed as Villains by the 'heroes' (I am unsure as to who the heroes I refer to are, I would assume Westerosi characters we have come to support) maybe it seems so obvious to look at it that way, and George is far from obvious - but still, I will jump ship again and say I dont think either dragon, black or red will stay on the throne for very long?

I read this somewhere else, that the proof Aegon is a blackfyre is due to the three heaed black dragon sign on the Inn near the trident, it was thrown in the sea and washed away like the Blackfyres (metaphorically) but washed up on land (like Aegon washes up on Storms end) as a rusted red sign (rusted red dragon) or something along those lines, it was a long time ago so cant be sure

What makes you think he is Blackfyre? is it the whole Illyrio/Serra relationship, and that is why Illyrio is supporting him or something else?

On the notes of that quote, I am actually more drawn to Jorahs "to give the heroes something to fight" It screams that the Targaryens will be viewed as Villains by the 'heroes' (I am unsure as to who the heroes I refer to are, I would assume Westerosi characters we have come to support) maybe it seems so obvious to look at it that way, and George is far from obvious - but still, I will jump ship again and say I dont think either dragon, black or red will stay on the throne for very long?

It's Dany herself, not Jorah, who says that a mummer's dragon are things "to give the heroes something to fight". Heroes can refer to just about anyone. The Meereenese have their own sort of heroes, whether we'd consider such characters truly heroic. Certainly the Sons of the Harpy are heroes of sorts for various groups of people in Meereen. I don't think the dragons will be physically useful in a fight in Westeros, at least not the same way Balerian, Meraxes and Vhagar were in the conquest. It's winter now and the dragons aren't all that large. Balerion could melt stone, Viserion and Rhaegal were unable to melt the iron on the bars of their cage.

I read this somewhere else, that the proof Aegon is a blackfyre is due to the three heaed black dragon sign on the Inn near the trident, it was thrown in the sea and washed away like the Blackfyres (metaphorically) but washed up on land (like Aegon washes up on Storms end) as a rusted red sign (rusted red dragon) or something along those lines, it was a long time ago so cant be sure

It's used as thematic evidence that Aegon is a Blackfyre, not proof.

What makes you think he is Blackfyre? is it the whole Illyrio/Serra relationship, and that is why Illyrio is supporting him or something else?

There are dozens of threads about this. A simple search such as "Blackfyre Conspiracy" will lead you to the popular reasons Aegon is assumed to be a Blackfyre. I generally agree with the popular reasons.

The rusted dragon sign washed up on the Quiet Isle and is often interpreted as foreshadowing that a "black" dragon (i.e., a Blackfyre) will apparently return as a "red" dragon (i.e., a Targaryen).

The "mummer's dragon" statement is also often interpreted as a sign that Aegon is not an actual Targaryen.

A good number of clues also come from Illyrio's conversations with Tyrion, in particular Illyrio's statement that "black or red, a dragon is still a dragon." That can be interpreted as Illyrio stating that it doesn't matter if Aegon is an "actual" Targaryen, since if he is a Blackfyre, he can still claim descent from Aegon the Conqueror.

That quote from Illyrio came in response to Tyrion asking about the Golden Company seemingly taking up Daenerys's cause. Tyrion found this odd because one of the Golden Company's stated purposes is to put a descendant of Daemon Blackfyre on the Iron Throne. Now, it could be that at this point the Golden Company doesn't care which Targaryen branch they support and are willing to do anything to get home. Or, they could be in on Aegon not being who he says he is. JonCon was taken aback when he realized that the Golden Company's senior officers already knew that Young Griff was actually "Rhaegar's son." And it becomes obvious that the senior officers have been in constant contact with Illyrio, so they might know more than JonCon.

And, as Dr. Pepper pointed out above, a simple search for "Blackfyre conspiracy" or "is Aegon a Blackfyre?" can lead you to the threads where this has already been discussed.

In my haste, I have drawn the ire of all you loremasters :S I am not so versed in westerosi lore as you are, but I do like a bit of conversation on the topics :S

Um....huh? You asked questions, we provided answers. I like conversation too, which is why I inform myself about the basics as much as I can.

On a note in relation to Aegon being a blackfyre (supposedly) Surely Bran, being manipulated by Brynden 'Bloodraven' Rivers who fought as a loyalist in the Targaryen - Blackfyre war would be manipulating Bran into stopping Aegon seeing that he is as close to omnipotent as we get in the Series minus ourselves who dont play a role within the universe.

On a note in relation to Aegon being a blackfyre (supposedly) Surely Bran, being manipulated by Brynden 'Bloodraven' Rivers who fought as a loyalist in the Targaryen - Blackfyre war would be manipulating Bran into stopping Aegon seeing that he is as close to omnipotent as we get in the Series minus ourselves who dont play a role within the universe.

I don't think Bloodraven cares anymore about what's going on in the realm. He's more focused on the threat of the Others.

Unless Bloodraven and the children (servants, or maybe even the Old Gods themselves) are the Others, or working with the others. We are given no proof that the Old Gods are not the Others, Crastor sacrifices to the Old gods, but it turns out to be the others taking the newborn boys. We are told the Heart-trees were used for Blood sacrifices such as those Crastor made.) Bit ominous and foreshadowing, especially considering I believe that they fed bran Jojen Paste (paste resembling blood to enhance Brans greenseer abilities)

Archived