The Most Annoying Phrase

Jaime FTW

You're aware that breakfast was the slang term for breaking your fast, right? The use of breaking fast kinda fits in with every other instance of 400 year old speech patterns.

As with "must needs" mentioned above, it is an old speech pattern now, but that doesn't mean it doesn't belong in this type of story.

"For I am only a young girl and know little of the ways of war."

"If I look back I am lost."

Dany is great at making up annoying phrases. She even uses the most annoying of all:

"I am the blood of the dragon."

:bang:

:agree: Especially the last one! If only she did something with it and it stopped being just a phrase.. I might even like it again, one day, maybe... :lol:

"what is dead may never die......." could do without this every iron born chapter.

reading nuncle or dugs ruins my day.

interesting that arya has more catch phrases than anyone and uses them more than any character but Ygritt and escapes the wrath of this post. All those things that syrio taught her, her prayer. Escaping this board would make harranhall look easy.

I actually like how GRRM uses this in the inner dialogue of the POV's. I have phrases I've heard come up in my head when prompted by some familiar situation or something, I think everyone does to a degree. I will defend it as an effective way to convey a characters thoughts

Archived