Who is Quaithe ?

Golden Lady

She's just a shadowbinder... overanalization again, people.

I don't think she's just a shadowbinder. The idea of Dany randomly meeting this exotic and mystical figure who perchance decides to go to great lengths to help her seems almost bizarre in this series.

Though I also don't think she's someone we know. But I'm sure she's part of a bigger, perhaps more sinister plot, and I have my doubts if she really has Dany's best interests in mind.

I don't know if anyone else has commented on this. But when you watch Quiathe on the show, her hair is certainly not silver-gold. Shiera Seastar has silver-gold hair, according the SSM threads.

Quiathe's hair on the show is more brunette.

I know (in the show) they haven't stuck to the eye colors in the books. But majority of the show characters do have their hair color similar to what is described in the books. I doubt they would have misrepresented such an important detail with respect to Quaithe.

Yeah, that's true. But "just being a shadowbinder from Ashaai" is hardly as exciting as a mismatched-eyed seductress who was keen on bathing in blood and was in tune with darker forces lol.

I doubt she is just a shadowbinder too.

I don't know if anyone else has commented on this. But when you watch Quiathe on the show, her hair is certainly not silver-gold. Shiera Seastar has silver-gold hair, according the SSM threads.

Quiathe's hair on the show is more brunette.

I know (in the show) they haven't stuck to the eye colors in the books. But majority of the show characters do have their hair color similar to what is described in the books. I doubt they would have misrepresented such an important detail with respect to Quaithe.

Didn't the show change Shireen's hair from black to brown?

I think the hair color is of consequence with regards to Q because the actress playing Quaithe is a natural blonde. They must have asked her to dye her hair for a reason. As for Shireen's hair, they certainly won't have a child actress on the show dye her hair...there is this excerpt from the makeup artists on the show who did Sansa's hair

Whose hair requires the most maintenance?

Kevin Alexander: ''Sophie Turner (who plays Sansa Stark) is naturally a baby blonde. When she first came on she was only 13 or 14, so instead of using peroxide or permanent color, we made a concoction of watercolors,'' says Alexander. ''We use three or four different colors to make that red. It has to be redone every 7 to 10 days because it washes out.''

Full Interview

Maybe, I'm just overanalyzing, but I felt the hair was a clue to Quaithe's identity.

I think the hair color is of consequence with regards to Q because the actress playing Quaithe is a natural blonde. They must have asked her to dye her hair for a reason. As for Shireen's hair, they certainly won't have a child actress on the show dye her hair...there is this excerpt from the makeup artists on the show who did Sansa's hair

Full Interview

Maybe, I'm just overanalyzing, but I felt the hair was a clue to Quaithe's identity.

Couldn't they throw a black wig on Shireen though. Considering how important the Baratheon black of hair trait is.

I don't think the show has to cleave 100% to appearances. I mean if they could throw out Jeynes character entirely, what can't they do as long as they are congruent. Has Shiera or Ashara been mentioned previously on the show and described? If not they can do what they want with Quaithe.

Come to think of it look at what Mel does later with Mance and her glimmers. That is an easy out there.

• 10 months later...

I believe Bloodraven indicates that Shiera is dead when he speaks to Bran, I read threw this whole thread and no 1 mentioned that. As for Ashara, I also have always believe that she was Septa Lemore and that this will cause Barristan to betray Dany, but someone posted a while back that perhaps she is Nymeria Sand's mother, that is interesting as well.

Honestly tho its entirely possible we have missed it all together, seeing as tho there has only been 2 candidates mentioned, its seems plausible that we all got distracted by them.

Edit: I'm gonna make a crackpot prediction that she is Nettles great grandaughter. Actually the dragon one of Dany's bloodriders finds near Qarth could be considered speculative evidence Nettles traveled to Qarth.

Maybe she is part of Dany's household

Maybe one of her handmaids?

This would allow her to slip into Dany's room without her guards questioning it.

The mask could be to hide her identity. Would Dany believe a prophecy coming from a maid? Probably not. How bout a mysterious masked women? Maybe.

I believe Bloodraven indicates that Shiera is dead when he speaks to Bran, I read threw this whole thread and no 1 mentioned that. As for Ashara, I also have always believe that she was Septa Lemore and that this will cause Barristan to betray Dany, but someone posted a while back that perhaps she is Nymeria Sand's mother, that is interesting as well.

Honestly tho its entirely possible we have missed it all together, seeing as tho there has only been 2 candidates mentioned, its seems plausible that we all got distracted by them.

Edit: I'm gonna make a crackpot prediction that she is Nettles great grandaughter. Actually the dragon one of Dany's bloodriders finds near Qarth could be considered speculative evidence Nettles traveled to Qarth.

That should be Tyene's mother, but Tyene is blonde so her mother most likely is too. Ashara's hair is dark, as is Septa Lemore's. I'm afraid we'll have to look elsewhere for Oberyn's septa.

Archived