No Mercy Trailer

Westeros

Yet another promo with some new dragon epicness-

Oooh, nice.

1) This is the first time I'm disappointed by the CGI. The scene with the dragons flying above Astapor and the Unsullied looks a bit fake. If it were a big budget movie, I'd complain. But it isn't, so I'm not.

2) Brienne appears briefly around 0:10, but there's a glitch and I can't tell if she's headbutting someone (we've seen that in a previous trailer), or if someone's hitting her, or both.

3) I like the music! What is it?

I don't think we can have a PW without the introduction of the Martells. I think those of us who really are looking for great reaction vid creations we should record our friends and family reacting to the RW.

Maybe I'm wrong, and the scenery is confusing enough as to who really carries it out in the books, but having the Martells in Kings Landing adds that extra "who done it?" To the PW

Sure, in the books we have the coin, and the mummer... but it's never really explained in full, plus we have Tyrion's false confession to Jaime. All that can come in season 4... Too much will happen beyond the wall, with the BwB, and the set up to the RW

1) This is the first time I'm disappointed by the CGI. The scene with the dragons flying above Astapor and the Unsullied looks a bit fake.

I would imagine that's because it is fake. None of the CGI in this show is top-tier stuff, although it is quite good for TV. A pretty epic shot though.

I would imagine that's because it is fake. None of the CGI in this show is top-tier stuff, although it is quite good for TV. A pretty epic shot though.

Exactly. They have a massive budget. But not quite comparable to Lord of the Rings and the like. However good the dragons will be, I reckon it's about as good as they can be without a significant increase in the budget.

How big to people think the Direwolves are going to be? Big enough to ride on??

I recall (I think it was) Benioff saying that the direwolves in S2 were about as big as they could get them without them looking fake. They use real wolves in the studio, and then digitally enhance them by about 50%. Or something like that.

Yet another promo with some new dragon epicness-

Neat, Melisandre is the voice over? Talking to Stannis( it looks like a castle to me...)

"The great wars between life and death, ice and fire...."

I know it's been talked about a little bit, but is everyone in agreement that Melisandre/Thoros meeting up is so they can eliminate two minor characters right? One was already left out season two the other is..... well

Honestly Melisandre is definitely a downgrade from the

Ghost of High Heart

as far as visions are concerned but I'll live with it as long as some cool shit happens between Thoros and Melisandre's conversations. Kinda like Arya/Tywin conversations.

Neat, Melisandre is the voice over? Talking to Stannis( it looks like a castle to me...)

"The great wars between life and death, ice and fire...."

I know it's been talked about a little bit, but is everyone in agreement that Melisandre/Thoros meeting up is so they can eliminate two minor characters right? One was already left out season two the other is..... well

Honestly Melisandre is definitely a downgrade from the

Ghost of High Heart

as far as visions are concerned but I'll live with it as long as some cool shit happens between Thoros and Melisandre's conversations. Kinda like Arya/Tywin conversations.

Damn. I hope you're wrong about the GoHH, but I know you're probably not. I guess it's better than them cutting it completely.

EDIT: Wait, they can't possibly have Melisandre meet Arya can they? I can't see any way that that could work, as Mel would most certainly use it as some form of opportunity. Not to mention it would throw off the plotline in ADWD.

Damn. I hope you're wrong about the GoHH, but I know you're probably not. I guess it's better than them cutting it completely.

EDIT: Wait, they can't possibly have Melisandre meet Arya can they? I can't see any way that that could work, as Mel would most certainly use it as some form of opportunity. Not to mention it would throw off the plotline in ADWD.

Maybe she shows up after Arya escapes? That would make sense, given that Arya will probably be gone by episode five or so and Melisandre will have some important scenes with Davos/Stannis early in the season before seeing Gendry in her fires and going to the Riverlands to find him.

Maybe she shows up after Arya escapes? That would make sense, given that Arya will probably be gone by episode five or so and Melisandre will have some important scenes with Davos/Stannis early in the season before seeing Gendry in her fires and going to the Riverlands to find him.

That's what I was thinking too, but if Melisandre is the GoHH in the show, there are some important scenes between her and Arya. If they went that route they'd need Mel to show up beforehand. But it'll probably be cut, taking into account the way the show has treated visions and prophecies so far.

That's what I was thinking too, but if Melisandre is the GoHH in the show, there are some important scenes between her and Arya. If they went that route they'd need Mel to show up beforehand. But it'll probably be cut, taking into account the way the show has treated visions and prophecies so far.

Or maybe Thoros has the visions instead? He's a red priest, after all.

There's probably been 10 pages since someone discussed the "No Mercy" trailer here... Perhaps some off-shoot threads would be useful? Especially for the "Wildlings" video released this morning.

A new teaser, "All Of Us" and the new Wildlings video have been released recently, but for some reason there isn't a thread on either, so we're kinda just stuck with this thread for the time being.

A new teaser, "All Of Us" and the new Wildlings video have been released recently, but for some reason there isn't a thread on either, so we're kinda just stuck with this thread for the time being.

There's no thread on them because neither video was officially released by Game of Thrones or HBO. I wouldn't be surprised if the Westeros admins don't even know about them, as I think I've only seen the videos mentioned on this thread so far. There's another couple trailers floating around that have leaked as well.

EDIT: The Inside the Wildlings video has now been officially released on the GoT youtube channel, so we'll probably get a thread.

Archived