No Mercy Trailer

Westeros

Mel with Gendry. WTF? That is awkward :worried:

But is it Gendry? From the other previews it seems Gendry has grown a beard, and the boy with Mel is clean shaven.

If that's him he probably shaved. But honestly I don't care who that is. Naked Carice FTW!

Yeah. My question involves what is the plot purpose to the Gendry and Mel sex. Sure it is another opportunity for "sexposition." But what actual plot point is it? Taking out Euron's responsibility is a massive, massive change. Unless they are drastically altering the Ironborn stuff in the future

Yeah. My question involves what is the plot purpose to the Gendry and Mel sex. Sure it is another opportunity for "sexposition." But what actual plot point is it? Taking out Euron's responsibility is a massive, massive change. Unless they are drastically altering the Ironborn stuff in the future

I have no idea. All I know is it's starting to look pretty clear that Mel leaves Dragonstone, finds Thoros, and talks to Gendry with his shirt off

I'm not going to assume that a teenage boy and Mel are going to get it on but... who knows. Maybe she's just going to:

Use the leeches on him

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Seriously, I hope that doesn't happen. We all know Crow's Eye did it anyways.

Right, and is he even on Stannis list? I heard a clip of him saying "I want Joffrey dead, I want Robb Stark dead after that does he add I want

Balon Greyjoy

dead?

I have no idea. All I know is it's starting to look pretty clear that Mel leaves Dragonstone, finds Thoros, and talks to Gendry with his shirt off

I'm not going to assume that a teenage boy and Mel are going to get it on but... who knows. Maybe she's just going to:

Use the leeches on him

Right, and is he even on Stannis list? I heard a clip of him saying "I want Joffrey dead, I want Robb Stark dead after that does he add I want

Balon Greyjoy

dead?

He doesn't include Balon in the trailer. I doubt he'd even say Balon's name in the actual scene, considering how much of an afterthought Balon is. My guess is that the actual scene where Stannis says he wants Joffrey and Robb dead is

after Balon's fall.

It's important to remember that although Stannis did cast the leeches into the fire, that didn't actually cause the deaths of Balon, Robb and Joffrey. Mel just got lucky, I'd say

My guess is that Mel only seduced Gendry to get him come with her.

There won't be another shadow baby, not in the near future at least.

All Mel wants is Gendry's blood. First there will be the leeches scene, I hope. And then they'll continue to go down the road to the full sacrifice. This might include some sex between Gendry and Mel, but she won't conceive another 'son'.

Considering that Mel can only show up at Beric's after Arya and the Hound have left (else Mel most certainly would claim Arya Stark for Stannis!), those scenes may only take place in the second half of the season. And the bait for Gendry to go with Mel to Dragonstone most will not only be sexy Mel, but also Mel's revelation that he is a son of King Robert, perhaps the only living child of Robert left in the TV series. He has an uncle and a cousin he knows nothing about. They might explore that. In ASoS Shireen grew quite fond of Edric Storm, they could repeat this with Gendry. The whole sacrifice plot can only kick into full gear after Joffrey is dead. And this is only going to happen in season 4!

I don't see Stannis considering to sacrifice Gendry just to get Robb, Joffrey, and Balon killed. In the book Mel promises him dragons in exchange for Edric's life. They should keep that in the show.

All Mel wants is Gendry's blood. First there will be the leeches scene, I hope. And then they'll continue to go down the road to the full sacrifice. This might include some sex between Gendry and Mel, but she won't conceive another 'son'.

Considering that Mel can only show up at Beric's after Arya and the Hound have left (else Mel most certainly would claim Arya Stark for Stannis!), those scenes may only take place in the second half of the season. And the bait for Gendry to go with Mel to Dragonstone most will not only be sexy Mel, but also Mel's revelation that he is a son of King Robert, perhaps the only living child of Robert left in the TV series. He has an uncle and a cousin he knows nothing about. They might explore that. In ASoS Shireen grew quite fond of Edric Storm, they could repeat this with Gendry. The whole sacrifice plot can only kick into full gear after Joffrey is dead. And this is only going to happen in season 4!

I don't see Stannis considering to sacrifice Gendry just to get Robb, Joffrey, and Balon killed. In the book Mel promises him dragons in exchange for Edric's life. They should keep that in the show.

I'm really wondering how they are going to stretch out the Dragonstone plot. Stannis doesn't do much save agonize over sacrificing Edric during the first half of the book. I guess that is where Shireen and Selyse come in...to stretch things out?

The known casting scene for Kerry Ingram as Shireen apparently was

to read to Davos in the dungeon from a book. My guess is that's the scene of Shireen's introduction. We meet her when she visits Davos. We have also seen Stannis visiting Davos, and the scene with Shireen hugging her father also seems to take place in the dungeon of Dragonstone.

They also have to establish Davos learning to read, or else the resolution to this plot won't work at all. His illiteracy has already been established in season 2. But Stannis has to change his mind on Davos, name him his Hand, and let him out of the cell to enable Davos to read the letter from the NW. And that letter is not going to be sent before Jon and/or Sam return to Castle Black. Remember, spoilers indicate that Sam is not going to be able to send any ravens out detailing the attack at the Fist. But the whole point in the letter Davos is going to read to Stannis is that the threat of the Others and the wildlings is explicitly mentioned!

Everything indicates that the sacrifice is going to be continued in season 4. Especially since I still can't see them omitting the whole Dragonstone crew for most of season 4, until the Battle at the Wall. If Davos was to read from the letter at the end of this season, they would not be able to show Stannis, Davos, Mel, Selyse, and Shireen until they reach the Wall. That is, if they don't want to spill the fact that Stannis is going to the Wall to save the Night's Watch's ass. And I can't see them ruining this surprise. They will make the Battle against Mance the Battle of the Blackwater reversed, perhaps even with Stannis saying at the end 'The battle is over. We have won.' That would be satisfying indeed...

I have no idea what they are going to do with Selyse, but I hope she will start to resemble book Selyse as soon as possible, meaning that she should at least convert to Mel's faith if she is no longer the one who introduced Mel to Stannis.

We could never expect much action on Dragonstone this season. But they still have to start to introduce all that Azor Ahai background stuff. Stannis has also to get his fake Lightbringer sword eventually. That lightsaber thing looks really cool, and it's an important prop later on.

The known casting scene for Kerry Ingram as Shireen apparently was

to read to Davos in the dungeon from a book. My guess is that's the scene of Shireen's introduction. We meet her when she visits Davos. We have also seen Stannis visiting Davos, and the scene with Shireen hugging her father also seems to take place in the dungeon of Dragonstone.

They also have to establish Davos learning to read, or else the resolution to this plot won't work at all. His illiteracy has already been established in season 2. But Stannis has to change his mind on Davos, name him his Hand, and let him out of the cell to enable Davos to read the letter from the NW. And that letter is not going to be sent before Jon and/or Sam return to Castle Black. Remember, spoilers indicate that Sam is not going to be able to send any ravens out detailing the attack at the Fist. But the whole point in the letter Davos is going to read to Stannis is that the threat of the Others and the wildlings is explicitly mentioned!

Everything indicates that the sacrifice is going to be continued in season 4. Especially since I still can't see them omitting the whole Dragonstone crew for most of season 4, until the Battle at the Wall. If Davos was to read from the letter at the end of this season, they would not be able to show Stannis, Davos, Mel, Selyse, and Shireen until they reach the Wall. That is, if they don't want to spill the fact that Stannis is going to the Wall to save the Night's Watch's ass. And I can't see them ruining this surprise. They will make the Battle against Mance the Battle of the Blackwater reversed, perhaps even with Stannis saying at the end 'The battle is over. We have won.' That would be satisfying indeed...

I have no idea what they are going to do with Selyse, but I hope she will start to resemble book Selyse as soon as possible, meaning that she should at least convert to Mel's faith if she is no longer the one who introduced Mel to Stannis.

We could never expect much action on Dragonstone this season. But they still have to start to introduce all that Azor Ahai background stuff. Stannis has also to get his fake Lightbringer sword eventually. That lightsaber thing looks really cool, and it's an important prop later on.

didn't he already supposedly pull Lightbringer from the statue in season 2? Didn't Davos grab it after they all left?

as far as "lightbringer" goes let us not forget...

Stannis's sword is another problem by having Melisandre meet and Thoros, even if she doesn't meet Beric. Thoros and Beric both use flaming swords in the fights were they lead the BwBs.

A sword of true fire that gives off heat, there swords aren't Lightbringer but they are more like Lightbringer than Stannis's fake Lightbringer in the book.

Oh and it seems to me that the audition scenes seem to be ones that they don't use for the show...

Could Mel's "but we could stop it, you and I" line from the Beast trailer be directed towards Gendry?

"Death is coming for everyone and everything, a darkness that will swallow the dawn, but we could stop it, you and I."

could all be directed at Gendry or it could be some cleaver combinations..."only you can stop it" seems to obviously be from another converstation.

what they should do and what they do aren't always the same thing.

I disagree some here. Edric is too young for Mel to seduce apparently but Gendry is not, Mel comments that the leeches are not "the surest way" meaning

leeches < shadow baby < burn him to wake stone dragons

If the leeches and shadow baby fail then Melisandre can propose the give him to the flames.

Yeah, well, since they have cut Maester Pylos someone has to teach Davos to read. My money is on Shireen. What else could she do next season, or at all? Aged-up Davos could very well develop some sort of grandfatherly relationship to her.

didn't he already supposedly pull Lightbringer from the statue in season 2? Didn't Davos grab it after they all left?

as far as "lightbringer" goes let us not forget...

He did, but, if it was the same sword he used in Blackwater, it's just a normal sword. It doesn't glow or anything. I hope they still make it a glowing sword.

...I certainly hope that is not Gendry with Melisandre. I just..don't understand how that could happen.

I only want Gendry and Mel if the first scenario is true. Even then I'm a little ehh (even if we get a very sexy sex scene)

It's just so out of character for Gendry. When he and Arya fought at the inn (well, one of their fights) he was going to sleep with some girl (I think she was another of Robert's bastards?) but it's strongly implied he didn't.

Also he is such a suspicious character him falling into a Mrs Robinson type situation seems strange.

Then again... Naked Gendry and Mel...

Sorry if this post is inaccurate, it's been awhile since I read the books.

Archived