Watch, Watched, Watching: Spring Edition

RedEyedGhost

Just watched Lethal Weapon for the first time in years. Never noticed before but the homophobia is pretty strong. Murtaugh deduces that the other person who'd been in the female victim's bed had been a woman to which Riggs replies "Disgusting". And later, when a house blows up and Murtaugh is putting out the flames on Riggs' jacket, Riggs asks "What are you, a fag?"

Anyone here seen The Paperboy? Somehow this movie got utterly destroyed by critics, but if you hate movie critics as much as I do you won't care. And if you enjoy Cormac McCarthy-esque southern brutality and bizarre characterization you might find this movie as fascinating and chilling as I did.

Derfel Cadarn: What Riggs say is a pretty common thing to say though. He probably felt vulnerable and when Murtaugh helped him he used it as a defense mechanism. It is not meant as anything much. And Riggs do like to speak his mind concerning the other thing you pointed out. That is what makes him a great character. In the fourth movie he totally parodizes asians in the china restaurant, but that doesn't have to make him racist. It is just the way Riggs is, and he is a boss. I do like Lethal weapon very much. It is one of the better action movies out there in my opinion.

I have gotten into an asian period now. Am gonna watch Seven Samurai for the first time tomorrow, and is looking into some wuxia. Crouching Tiger is a masterpiece, and maybe the other wuxia movies might not be that class (we'll see) I still have found some pretty interesting movies. The aestethic is great too. And the whole feel of it.

Derfel Cadarn: What Riggs say is a pretty common thing to say though. He probably felt vulnerable and when Murtaugh helped him he used it as a defense mechanism. It is not meant as anything much. And Riggs do like to speak his mind concerning the other thing you pointed out. That is what makes him a great character. In the fourth movie he totally parodizes asians in the china restaurant, but that doesn't have to make him racist. It is just the way Riggs is, and he is a boss. I do like Lethal weapon very much. It is one of the better action movies out there in my opinion.

Wait so using homophobic slurs and finding lesbians disgusting and making fun of asians is ok if it's just the way you are? He is a great character for verbalizing his bigotry? I think I missed something.

Wait so using homophobic slurs and finding lesbians disgusting and making fun of asians is ok if it's just the way you are? He is a great character for verbalizing his bigotry? I think I missed something.

I clearly wrote that him speaking his mind is what I think make him a good character. Not everyone is or has to be politically correct in every sentence in the movies they're in. Riggs is an asshole, but he's a badass asshole. And I didn't say him degrading people or groups is what is good about him, I just meant that if you make fun of an asian doesn't make you racist. And making fun of lesbians doesn't make you homophobe. If we are so picky with everything then there aren't many things that can be said.

I just watched One Day with Anne Hathaway. I don't know why I did this, but I did. I went in knowing absolutely nothing about the movie. The movie wasn't particularly great but...

Below reveals the entire plot...

I am now weeping like a small child. There should have been a warning label on this. I was absolutely horrified by the ending. The story is two people wait 20 years to get together because of life and immaturity, and when they finally do, one of them gets run over by a truck. I don't know why this has effected me so deeply, but it has.

I just watched One Day with Anne Hathaway. I don't know why I did this, but I did. I went in knowing absolutely nothing about the movie. The movie wasn't particularly great but...

Below reveals the entire plot...

I am now weeping like a small child. There should have been a warning label on this. I was absolutely horrified by the ending. The story is two people wait 20 years to get together because of life and immaturity, and when they finally do, one of them gets run over by a truck. I don't know why this has effected me so deeply, but it has.

At this point, anytime a charter is riding a bike in a movie, I just go ahead and assume they're going to die.

But seeing that coming, it didn't hit me like it did you, not a bad movie though.

At this point, anytime a charter is riding a bike in a movie, I just go ahead and assume they're going to die.

But seeing that coming, it didn't hit me like it did you, not a bad movie though.

I knew something was going to happen, but I really thought that the writer was going to have her get in an accident that made her barren and they would have to spend time realizing that there love for each other was going to have to see them through. The violence of that wreck just shocked me, and I broke down... I mean really broke down. I can't remember a time watching anything that I got hit that hard emotionally. I was sobbing.

What surprised me about this is that all through the movie, I hadn't been emotionally involved with the characters. It was just a mindless way to pass the afternoon.

So tomorrow is a big day. Walking Dead ends. Game of Thrones starts. And Doctor Who is starting back. Which will you be watching as it airs?

Personally, I have to see Walking Dead through before I start another obsession.

Thrones will play live in my house... I will be watching Walking Dead directly afterwards. I am so far behind with Dr. Who that I probably will not catch up this season.

And I just realized, not tomorrow, Sunday haha

But it's all depending on where I am. If I'm at home, it will be Walking Dead because we don't have HBO. Anywhere else though, I can watch Walking Dead later. Thrones is almost too good to not watch as it airs.

Anyone here seen The Paperboy? Somehow this movie got utterly destroyed by critics, but if you hate movie critics as much as I do you won't care. And if you enjoy Cormac McCarthy-esque southern brutality and bizarre characterization you might find this movie as fascinating and chilling as I did.

Sounds interesting, I'll check it out. It's got a great movie poster.

Looking forward to Falling Skies season 3 starting in late spring. Also, Dexter the final season. I just hope GoT is finished by then. They are in the same time slot.

I was trying to completely catch up with Dexter during xfinity's watchathon week, I had seen up to the beginning of season 4, only made it up to the middle of season 6, but I can rent the rest through Netflix.

But the time slot thing isn't a big issue, the way the networks put on the same episode right after or an hour after when they're new.

I'm still loving Monday mornings. Ving Rhames, Alfred Molina, and the actors that play Dr. Park and Dr. Napur and Dr. New Balance Shoes are all kinds of good. The show has David E. Kelly's style of many characters having signature quirks or catch phrases, but I like that too, when it's not overdone.

I like medical shows, Chigago Hope, early to mid-age ER, House, MASH, Scrubs, as long as they're not Grey's Anatomy, on MM the relationship between Jamie Bamber's character and the doctor that's his romantic interest is really the thing that's most similar to Grey's and the only part of the show I don't really care for. I really don't like Bamber's character at all and am disinterested when the show focuses on him.

e is running burning love, the webseries, 2 at a time in a half hour blocks. i havent seen it yet and it is fantastic.

its a parody of the bachelor starring ken marino, who is usually good but is fantastic in this. pretty star packed cast of female contestants too

hopefully, they will be airing season 2, which sets up one of the first season contestants as the bachelorette, when they finish 1

Archived