Watch, Watched, Watching: Spring Edition

RedEyedGhost

Watched the first Harry Potter all the way through for the first time. There were a few niggling pot holes, but otherwise it was pretty good. I started reading one of the books long ago but could tell it was not for me.

Watched Only God Forgives the other day, I liked it, I can see why it got some bad reviews, it's certainly not for everyone, but overall I enjoyed it.

I think I might like it more than Drive, from the same director; for such a graphic movie, it was somewhat calming to watch.

I also enjoyed the police captain who basically represents old testament god, he was such a badass character.

Halfway through season one of The X Files. I'm struck by how SERIOUS it can be in tone. I'm not sure if we'll get through it as fast as we did with Lost. Sometimes you just fancy something lighthearted. Yes, X Files has its moments of humour but they are generally like pinpricks of light in a dark sea of gloom.

It's good fun spotting cameos and actors from other scifi shows though. Also: great turn from Brad Dourif as a 'psychic' murderer on death row.

Watched the 2nd Harry Potter and fell asleep. That one seemed kind of boring and pointless.

Saw The Wolverine with the wife last night. First movie we have went to in 3D and after a while you don't really notice it anymore. I thought it was pretty good, not great.

I had been watching Deadwood and quite liking it, but then what I think was a random virus got into my computer, and I'm not going to download anything any time soon. The accident has made wonders for my reading, though.

I had been watching Deadwood and quite liking it, but then what I think was a random virus got into my computer, and I'm not going to download anything any time soon. The accident has made wonders for my reading, though.

DVD or Blu Ray copies that you buy never have given anyone's computer a virus... Not only that, but you get to financially reward someone for creating something. That person then might be able to create more... Just saying...

I just watched the first two seasons of The Walking Dead and really liked it so far. The second finale was pretty predictable and a bit chliché though, but I'm still excited to see how the story continues.

After that I'll give Deadwood and Boardwalk Empire a try.

I've recently caught up with Under the Dome. It's interesting enough and has potential to go somewhere good depending on the direction it will take. Hearing that it was renewed got me worried about how they could keep the dome premise without having many plot holes, though.

Re-watched Rise of the Planet of the Apes, great movie, it has all the necessary tidbits to satisfy the fanboys while at the same time appealing to a much wider audience. I'm seriously looking forward to the sequel.

Halfway through season one of The X Files. I'm struck by how SERIOUS it can be in tone. I'm not sure if we'll get through it as fast as we did with Lost. Sometimes you just fancy something lighthearted. Yes, X Files has its moments of humour but they are generally like pinpricks of light in a dark sea of gloom.

It's good fun spotting cameos and actors from other scifi shows though. Also: great turn from Brad Dourif as a 'psychic' murderer on death row.

X-Files does occasionally do lighthearted episodes, usually at least one a season starting with season two. There are three in season three. They're usually pretty great.

Archived