College Basketball Tourney 2013: 60 down, 4 to go

Rhom

They might want to go after Buzz Williams. Obviously Stevens and Smart will be mentioned, but I don't see the former leaving the mid-west, and who can tell with the latter.

I'm still convinced that Stevens was counting on Crean being canned if IU hadn't turned things around last year. I agree he won't go to Westwood, but I have no clue what his endgame may be.

Smart certainly could and I think his style would be very popular. Could they go after Sean Miller?

I'm still convinced that Stevens was counting on Crean being canned if IU hadn't turned things around last year. I agree he won't go to Westwood, but I have no clue what his endgame may be.

Internet rumors say he's now waiting for the Duke job when K retires, with that one not being too far away from the midwest.

Smart certainly could and I think his style would be very popular.

Maybe. He seems pretty loyal to VCU, but a school of UCLA's status has not come calling yet.

Could they go after Sean Miller?

Why would they want to?

Another option might be John Beilein.

Another option might be John Beilein.

Hadn't thought of Beilein. I don't know enough about him to know if he'd want to jump ship.

I like the Buzz Williams suggestion, but his personality seems a bit quirky for Wooden's old chair. :dunno:

WSU came to play! Big shot after big shot!

Internet rumors say he's now waiting for the Duke job when K retires, with that one not being too far away from the Midwest.

Interesting. Hadn't heard that. I just always assumed that Wojo was being groomed for that chair. :dunno:

I can't mention Wojo without my favorite Wojo link!. (I'm sure OJ and Dragonfire love that one just as much as me! ;) )

ETA: Holy Shit!!!! Are you f'ing kidding me?!!? The Shockers are hitting everything they throw up there!!!

This Stockton isn't good.

WSU is tough. I do want them to win, even though I think their coach is a raging douche. He's going to be looking to jump to a bigger job soon (if not this year). I feel bad the way coaches use WSU as a jumping off school.

Hadn't thought of Beilein. I don't know enough about him to know if he'd want to jump ship.

I like the Buzz Williams suggestion, but his personality seems a bit quirky for Wooden's old chair. :dunno:

WSU came to play! Big shot after big shot!

I imagine after Howland, they will actually want somebody with personality. Just to breathe some life back into the program after Howland did his best to suck out every last bit he could. Smart would help with this also.

Beilein seems like a 'climber' he had a really good team at WVU that he left for a bad situation at Michigan because it was a much better job that he could turn around.

Interesting. Hadn't heard that. I just always assumed that Wojo was being groomed for that chair. :dunno:

I'm sure Wojo is assuming that too, but if Stevens is available Duke would be stupid to take an untested assistant over him.

Certain amount of irony in Gonzaga being knocked off by a mid-major.

Beilein seems like a 'climber' he had a really good team at WVU that he left for a bad situation at Michigan because it was a much better job that he could turn around.

How long has he been there now? Six/seven years? Would he want to leave just before he really gets them turned around? With a couple of returnees, he could have a preseason top five team.

I'm sure Wojo is assuming that too, but if Stevens is available Duke would be stupid to take an untested assistant over him.

I would think that K would want to hand pick his successor.

How long has he been there now? Six/seven years? Would he want to leave just before he really gets them turned around? With a couple of returnees, he could have a preseason top five team.

If most of is team is planning on coming back he would be very, very foolish to leave. That will likely depend on how he does in the rest of this season.

Kind of like Roy the first time UNC came calling. We had Hinrich, Collison, and Gooden as freshman, and he new it was a special class and just couldn't leave.

Shockers!!!

I can't hear that without thinking of a certain sexual position involving the hand. It always makes me chuckle like a middle school boy at the cafeteria lunch table. :lol:

:smileysex:

Congrats, to Ron Baker! He's from a small town very close to the slightly larger town in which I grew up.

I can't hear that without thinking of a certain sexual position involving the hand. It always makes me chuckle like a middle school boy at the cafeteria lunch table. :lol:

:smileysex:

WSU cheerleaders agree.

Archived