Guess who knows where Tysha is . . .

nekrohsis

There's a theory that the Sailor's Wife, a prostitute in Braavos, is actually Tysha, as evidenced by her trick of wedding the men who bed her, her fluency in the Common Tongue, and her daughter, the golden-haired Lanna (for Lannister?) who is the right age to be Tyrion's daughter. Keep in mind, if her daughter is Tyrion's (she could have well been pregnant even before the gang-rape) the girl is Tyrion's legitimate heir and Tysha could very well have spent the coins Tywin gave her on the first ship away from Westeros.

But if this is true, who's to tell Tyrion? No one in his immediate circle of acquaintances at the end of ADWD would know . . . except . . .

"Tell me. . ." [Littlefinger said to Sansa]"did your little lord husband enjoy my jousting dwarves?"

"Yours?" [said Sansa}

"I had to send to Braavos for them and hide them away in a brothel until the wedding."

Penny. She was performing in Braavos prior to Joffrey's wedding. Since she goes to Volantis after King's Landing, we can assume she's an experienced traveler. But since she's a poor foreigner, she might very likely have stayed at the same brothel--we know it's friendly to Westerosis, and judging by the way the whores treat Arya, it's probably a pretty safe place to stay--Penny's stayed in brothels before, as Littlefinger tells us.

Tyrion hasn't told her about Tysha--only Sansa. If he did spill the tale to her, might she point him towards Braavos?

There's a theory that the Sailor's Wife, a prostitute in Braavos, is actually Tysha, as evidenced by her trick of wedding the men who bed her, her fluency in the Common Tongue, and her daughter, the golden-haired Lanna (for Lannister?) who is the right age to be Tyrion's daughter. Keep in mind, if her daughter is Tyrion's (she could have well been pregnant even before the gang-rape) the girl is Tyrion's legitimate heir and Tysha could very well have spent the coins Tywin gave her on the first ship away from Westeros.

But if this is true, who's to tell Tyrion? No one in his immediate circle of acquaintances at the end of ADWD would know . . . except . . .

Penny. She was performing in Braavos prior to Joffrey's wedding. Since she goes to Volantis after King's Landing, we can assume she's an experienced traveler. But since she's a poor foreigner, she might very likely have stayed at the same brothel--we know it's friendly to Westerosis, and judging by the way the whores treat Arya, it's probably a pretty safe place to stay--Penny's stayed in brothels before, as Littlefinger tells us.

Tyrion hasn't told her about Tysha--only Sansa. If he did spill the tale to her, might she point him towards Braavos?

........hah.

Could be very well like that, and I never even thought about that.

I'm not sure that Penny will catch Tysha/Tyrion relationship (after all, if Tyrion would happen to tell Penny that story she wouldn't have any way to connect it with a very distant city like Braavos), but I really like your idea.

I mean, it'd have to be a little contrived, but if Tyrion needs to learn where Tysha is for plot reasons, it could happen through Penny. I was just rereading ASOS when that little detail popped up and shocked me.

Also, if Lanna is Tyrion's daughter, there's a good chance that he might be a grandfather before age thirty. That's kind of messed up.

Once in a while you read something that surprises you on this forum. You might be right.

Not sure about Penny knowing about it bit, but the Sailor's Wife being Tysha is very possible. With Tyrion constantly moaning about 'Where do whores go?', Braavos seems a likely candidate.

It would be hilarious though if Tysha actually became that rich courtesan that lives in Braavos.

Considering Tyrion is in the East and I'm sure he plans to return west a stay in Braavos would probably be part of the journey. And we all know our little friend loves himself a brothel so theres a chance he finds the right one. I wouldnt put it past GRRM to have Tyrion unknowingly bed his own daughter if there was an opportunity.

Considering Tyrion is in the East and I'm sure he plans to return west a stay in Braavos would probably be part of the journey. And we all know our little friend loves himself a brothel so theres a chance he finds the right one. I wouldnt put it past GRRM to have Tyrion unknowingly bed his own daughter if there was an opportunity.

Eeeeeeeeeewww! :ack:

Well, his father married his cousin and his siblings have been doing it for years now . . . incest runs in the family.

Seriously, if this happens, I will throw up.

It fits pretty good, but she married the Night Watch singer that Samwell beat up right or am I getting my whores mixed up?

Where do whores go?.... Braavos

I believe you're correct. She makes all of her customers "marry" her, but only for that night.

I agree that The Sailor's Wife is Tysha, but Penny didn't hide in her brothel. Littlefinger owns a brothel in KL and that's where he hid the dwarves. But I can

definitely see Penny telling the story of the Sailor's Wife just in random conversation with Tyrion, and him putting it together, especially if Penny mentions the daughter's name as Lanna.

@nekrohsis

Good post, I agree that the Sailor's Wife is probably Tysha and Lann is probably Tyrion's. But I think Gerion is also a possible source to tell Tyrion. He left in 292 A.L which I think was after the the Tysha incident, and I can see Tywin confiding in him like he did with Kevan.

I will laugh so much if that happens. But if it really is the Sailor's Wife, then unless she has a customer when Tyrion comes a' callin', then she would probably recognize him right away. He's still fairly recognizable, even with his brand new nose job. But I don't see why he would stop there specifically on his way West.

@nekrohsis

Good post, I agree that the Sailor's Wife is probably Tysha and Lann is probably Tyrion's. But I think Gerion is also a possible source to tell Tyrion. He left in 292 A.L which I think was after the the Tysha incident, and I can see Tywin confiding in him like he did with Kevan.

I doubt Tywin knew himself where the girl went after they were done with her. I doubt he cared.

Excellent observation, however, you're missing the big item. LF knows Tyrion was legally married to Tysha which means Tyrion's marriage to Sansa is void. A voided Tyrion/Sansa marriage is the real diamond here not Tyrion finding Tysha.

Archived