The Winds of Winter untouched topics

Mathis Baratheon

Hi everybody, i'm new here, but i've been lurking for almost an year. Sorry any mistakes in my english, not my official language.

I don't know if all this was discussed before (probably it was) but i had some things in mind that i wanted to hear the opinions of the people here from the forum.

First: Do you think that Aeron Damphair POV will be a window to Euron's plans? I think that the iron islands don't have anything of extreme importance to have a POV there, maybe his first chapter will end with Euron's loyalists capturing him and then the other 4 chapters (being optimistic/pessimistic) will take place at the base of Euron, and we can see what he is planning. Thoughts? I know that almost everybody don't like the greyjoys, and Aeron is at the top of this hate list, but he will be a POV, and like Areo Hotah maybe he will get a interesting storyline in winds.

Second: Almost like the first question, but this time concerning Jon Connington. Arriane will be the window to Aegon VI (fake or not, that's his name) and i think Jon Connington will go look for those "allies" at the reach, it's just me, but it would be pointless to have JonCon and Arriane at the same place, and i don't think the reach will defect at the first sign of danger, the Tyrells still have a large army (but they have a bunch of enemies too), and the Lannisters have a good number of soldiers if you count all the houses untouched at the westerlands, the freys that will fight for them, and all. I think the Lannisters are weak at the moment only in King's Landing, but that's other topic.

Third: This one have been discussed before, but i just wanted to see it a little more debated. Which side at the dance of dragons do you think the Vale will take? Feast and Dance showed an indication that the battle will be between: Daenerys(with everything that she will bring from Essos)/Ironborn vs Aegon/Martells/Some Stormlords (and maybe vs Tommen/Some of the reach/some of the west/some Freys). But i just can't see which side the Vale would take, even though it will depend on who will have control of the armies by the end of Sansa storyline.

Fourth and Last: Well, being my name Mathis Baratheon, of course i should ask about Stannis. Sadly i don't think he will be part of the civil war at the south, his role at the war may have ended at the Blackwater (sadly). But do you agree with me? Do you believe otherwise? Maybe some Northmen will back him and he will use the ruins of the twins as a new base to battle against the Dragons, the Lion puppy and the Kraken King?

If you read this and don't think i'm nuts and answer me, you have my thanks!

Hi everybody, i'm new here, but i've been lurking for almost an year. Sorry any mistakes in my english, not my official language.

I don't know if all this was discussed before (probably it was) but i had some things in mind that i wanted to hear the opinions of the people here from the forum.

First: Do you think that Aeron Damphair POV will be a window to Euron's plans? I think that the iron islands don't have anything of extreme importance to have a POV there, maybe his first chapter will end with Euron's loyalists capturing him and then the other 4 chapters (being optimistic/pessimistic) will take place at the base of Euron, and we can see what he is planning. Thoughts? I know that almost everybody don't like the greyjoys, and Aeron is at the top of this hate list, but he will be a POV, and like Areo Hotah maybe he will get a interesting storyline in winds.

Second: Almost like the first question, but this time concerning Jon Connington. Arriane will be the window to Aegon VI (fake or not, that's his name) and i think Jon Connington will go look for those "allies" at the reach, it's just me, but it would be pointless to have JonCon and Arriane at the same place, and i don't think the reach will defect at the first sign of danger, the Tyrells still have a large army (but they have a bunch of enemies too), and the Lannisters have a good number of soldiers if you count all the houses untouched at the westerlands, the freys that will fight for them, and all. I think the Lannisters are weak at the moment only in King's Landing, but that's other topic.

Third: This one have been discussed before, but i just wanted to see it a little more debated. Which side at the dance of dragons do you think the Vale will take? Feast and Dance showed an indication that the battle will be between: Daenerys(with everything that she will bring from Essos)/Ironborn vs Aegon/Martells/Some Stormlords (and maybe vs Tommen/Some of the reach/some of the west/some Freys). But i just can't see which side the Vale would take, even though it will depend on who will have control of the armies by the end of Sansa storyline.

Fourth and Last: Well, being my name Mathis Baratheon, of course i should ask about Stannis. Sadly i don't think he will be part of the civil war at the south, his role at the war may have ended at the Blackwater (sadly). But do you agree with me? Do you believe otherwise? Maybe some Northmen will back him and he will use the ruins of the twins as a new base to battle against the Dragons, the Lion puppy and the Kraken King?

If you read this and don't think i'm nuts and answer me, you have my thanks!

I think Damphair may be in for a quick death in WOW. I can see Euron's story being a lot like Robb's, we will hear most of what happens to him via what other POV'S hear about him. Again Areo Hotah could be in for a quick death by the hands of Darkstar. Arianne will probably turn out, as you said, being the POV that will handle Aegon's story. Jon Connington is on borrowed time (Greyscale) I believe he may find out the truth about Rhaegars real son Jon Snow before he dies though Varys may cover this up. Aegon is a Blackfyre Pretender.

As for the Vale, I can see them coming to the rescue of a beseiged Winterfell Led by Sansa & Her Hound. All these forces will have to unite or fall by the end of WOW, as the long night takes hold. They will rally to the real Dragon Queen, when Daenerys lands.

There are a lot of rumours that Stannis will be the "Night King" I dont really believe this, I'm thinking that he will be King In The North, with Rickon as his Heir for a short time. Stannis will lead the fight against the Others, but will bend the knee to Daenerys when she lands. Probably all this wont happen, just hope he brings the book out soon! :bang:

Count me in as a disbeliever in the Stannis-as-the-new-NK-theory. I think we'll see him destroy the Boltons and than he'll be busy picking up the pieces in the North. Trying to make everyone noises point in the same direction, consolidate his powerbase, trying to find Howland Reed. He'll probably have some trouble with the Robb's will and Rickon return, but overall I think he'll bide his time, strengthen his position and wait for his new sellswords before his march to the south to face Dany (or maybe North if the Others were to make a move against the Wall).

Personally, I think it's almost a given that Dany is going to land in the Vale, so I think they'll fight on her side. However, nobody is going to allign themselves with the Freys that would be political suicide.I'm not sure if the Ironborn will be on Dany's side, that will depend on her way of looking at things I suppose. Faegons Alliance will consist of the armies of Dorne, Stormlords and the Reach (not that the Reach will be as big as before,the Ironborn are going to destroy them). Dany will have her Essosi loyalist, the Vale and probably a lo of Riverlandlords.

The Reachmen are going to defect when the Tyrells show that they aren't able to defende the Reach from the Ironborn. Those who still have doubts after that will be persuaded to jump to Faegons side after the Faith declares for him. Also, don't forget the "we still have friends in the Reach"line by one of the GC members. I don't think JonCon is going anywhere, I mean it isn't the first time we had several POVs in one place. I reckon that he'll be there and see how Faegon gets more and more under the influence off others, all the while he'll get crazier and crazier thanks to the Greyscale infection. He'll probably start investigating Varys and Illyrio relationship. He'll either be killed by the whale and the eunuch or my personal favorite: He'll discover the truth, go berserk with Greyscale, they try to kill him (maybe shooting a crossbow bolt in his guts which would have been lethal if he wasn't infected with the greyscale) and than he'll kill Faegon.

Personally, I think it's almost a given that Dany is going to land in the Vale, so I think they'll fight on her side. However, nobody is going to allign themselves with the Freys that would be political suicide.I'm not sure if the Ironborn will be on Dany's side, that will depend on her way of looking at things I suppose. Faegons Alliance will consist of the armies of Dorne, Stormlords and the Reach (not that the Reach will be as big as before,the Ironborn are going to destroy them). Dany will have her Essosi loyalist, the Vale and probably a lo of Riverlandlords.

I've seen the opinion that the Vale will side with Dany quite often recently. Why is that, is it just the Dragons? I just find it hard to believe that the first region to raise its banners in rebellion against the Targs is going to be the first to jump on board with Dany.

I've seen the opinion that the Vale will side with Dany quite often recently. Why is that, is it just the Dragons? I just find it hard to believe that the first region to raise its banners in rebellion against the Targs is going to be the first to jump on board with Dany.

The Vale was divided from the get go, there were lots of Targaryen supporters. The staunchest Targaryen loyalists in fact were the nobles of Gulltown, the port city of the Vale.

It also makes strategic sense to land their (since the West coast is of limits), think about it. Dorne and the Stormlands are in Faegons hand. Kingslanding is still held by the Tyrell-Lannisters and landing in the North would be ridiculous since it is so far away from the capital. You also have to keep in mind that Dany will need a place where she can safely unload all her people, they need some time to adjust to the harsher climates and they’ll need time to rest, especially her Dothraki who have never sailed before. Dany’s armies are most vunerable just after they land (Unsullied need time to assume their positions, the Dothraki need time to get rid of their sea legs and unload their horses). The Vale is also fairly untouched by war, their supplies are still intact. She’ll need those to equip and feed her army with because she won’t have much space on her ships to take all the supplies she needs with her from Essos. The Vale is also essential because the Vale Lords are needed to give Dany a more native flavour (instead of being just a foreign invader).

Another huge pro is the fact that Dany has Tyrion with her. Tyrion knows the Lords of the Vale, he knows that there is no love lost between the Vale Lords and the Lannisters, he also know that the Lords of the Vale want to fight to avenge the family of their overlords.

Tyrion als has an account to settle with LF and by doing so Tyrion and Dany would be able to take SweetRobin into their care.

The Vale is also very strategicly placed because it threatens Kingslanding from a direction which was deemed pacified by the Lannisters. The Vale itself is also a fortress, once Dany is able to dig in there, it will be hard to get her out. If Dany takes the Vale and she's able to get the Lords their on her side she also has a big chance of turning Riverland and Northern lords into allies or at the very least make them lay low (since Dany cuts the Lannister powerbase in half, the Lannisters have no way of knowing what the Northern lords for instance are doing, if the Northerners just decide to stay putt and pretend to fight her they can't do anything about it).

One last argument is that it would be ironic for Dany to land in the Vale. IIRC correctly one of the major Blackfyre rebellions (the one after the fiasco described in “the Mystery Knight’) started with Bittersteel landing in the Vale. So if Faegon, the Blackfyre pretending to be Targaryen, lands in the Stormlands and then takes Kingslanding (which I assume he will) he looks more like a “real Targ” than Dany who lands in the Vale where there was once a big Blackfyre invasion.

The Vale was divided from the get go, there were lots of Targaryen supporters. The staunchest Targaryen loyalists in fact were the nobles of Gulltown, the port city of the Vale. It also makes strategic sense to land their (since the Westcoast is of limits), think about it. Dorne and the Stormlands are in Faegons hand. Kingslanding is still held by Lannisters and landing in the North would be ridiculous since it is so far away from the capital. Another huge pro is the fact that Dany has Tyrion with her. Tyrion knows the Lords of the Vale, he knows that their is no love lost between the Vale Lords and the Lannisters, he also know that the Lords of the Vale want to fight to avenge the family of their overlords. Tyrion als has an account to settle with LF and by doing so Tyrion and Dany would be able to take SR into their care. The Vale is also essential because the Vale Lords are needed to give Dany a more native flavour (instead of being just a foreign invader). The Vale is also very strategicly placed because it threatens Kingslanding from a direction which was deemed pacified by the Lannisters. The Vale itself is also a fortress, once Dany is able to dig in there it will be hard to get her out. If Dany takes the Vale and she's able to get the Lords their on her side she also has a big chance of turning Riverland and Northern lords into allies or at the very least make them back down (since Dany cuts the Lannister powerbase in half, the Lannisters have no way of knowing what the Northern lords for instance are doing, if the Northerners just decide to stay putt and pretend to fight her they can't do anything about it).

All on Sansa and Henry the Heir. Sansa defends Sweetrobin and deems it best to let Dany help especially with Tyrion pushing Dany to not harm her anyway, that's the Vale, North, and Riverlands to Dany. Rickon or Jon depending on what happens wont fight Sansa, they would all push to rescue Edmure and he would help for the title of Riverrun back. Depending what Tyrion does, he might even get the Westerlands, or some of them. However, if Sansa marries Aegon, that would go down because Rhaegar + Lyanna= Jon, and because Dany will obviously win. Also, that would create complications with the Others and just break everything, Personnally I can see Littlefinger or Henry the Heir going too far with Sweetrobin and they flee to Gulltown, Tyrion shows up on a dragon, and then we get Bronze Yohn Royce with a couple of the lords declarant swearing fealty to Sansa and her to Dany. Thoughts?

Well Dany was warned against the Kraken as well as the Black Flame. I suppose that means Victorian and the R'Hollor priest travelling with him. I think the prophecy told her not to trust the Maester either but whether this means Marwyn or the other guy Marwyn thinks they are sending.

So, if she remembers her prophecy she won't trust any of them. She should get R'Hollor on board though because that's like half of the Volantis army and a huge number of slaves that have become devotees of the religion since it supports Dany and so do they.

All on Sansa and Henry the Heir. Sansa defends Sweetrobin and deems it best to let Dany help especially with Tyrion pushing Dany to not harm her anyway, that's the Vale, North, and Riverlands to Dany. Rickon or Jon depending on what happens wont fight Sansa, they would all push to rescue Edmure and he would help for the title of Riverrun back. Depending what Tyrion does, he might even get the Westerlands, or some of them. However, if Sansa marries Aegon, that would go down because Rhaegar + Lyanna= Jon, and because Dany will obviously win. Also, that would create complications with the Others and just break everything, Personnally I can see Littlefinger or Henry the Heir going too far with Sweetrobin and they flee to Gulltown, Tyrion shows up on a dragon, and then we get Bronze Yohn Royce with a couple of the lords declarant swearing fealty to Sansa and her to Dany. Thoughts?

I'm not so sure about what you are trying to say... Sansa + Faegon is never going to happen, that's for sure. As I said before, Harry the Heir will turn out to be a massive douche, he'll plot with LF to kill SR. Sansa will respond and flee. But I don't think they'll go to Gulltown, since the place is packed with LF-loyalists. I suspect that with the help of Mya Stone they'll try and make a run for it, get cut off and be left with no choice but to climb up to the Eyrie. Sansa and her accomplices will defend the Eyrie from LF and HtH. Lf and HtH will lay siege on the Eyrie and just when all seems lost, a dragon will fly in. Dany burns LF and HtH (maybe LF escapes but HtH is a goner) and then she takes SR for a ride on her Dragon, just like Visenya did all those years ago during Aegons conquest.

I'm not so sure about what you are trying to say... Sansa + Faegon is never going to happen, that's for sure. As I said before, Harry the Heir will turn out to be a massive douche, he'll plot with LF to kill SR. Sansa will respond and flee. But I don't think they'll go to Gulltown, since the place is packed with LF-loyalists. I suspect that with the help of Mya Stone they'll try and make a run for it, get cut off and be left with no choice but to climb up to the Eyrie. Sansa and her accomplices will defend the Eyrie from LF and HtH. Lf and HtH will lay siege on the Eyrie and just when all seems lost, a dragon will fly in. Dany burns LF and HtH (maybe LF escapes but HtH is a goner) and then she takes SR for a ride on her Dragon, just like Visenya did all those years ago during Aegons conquest.

I think the Eyrie idea is good, but there is a massive flaw in it. If you were Dany, just landing in Gulltown, what is your first thing to do? Gather allies with the lords declarant, wreck everything in the Vale, or go to help a teenager with a sickly lord at a top of a mountain in the middle of winter. The only way I see this happening is if both Tyrion and Barristan convince her to do this AND the lords declarant tell her they will support her if they get back Sweetrobin. A better idea is the Hound's group finding them and taking them to Gulltown to find a ship.

I think the Eyrie idea is good, but there is a massive flaw in it. If you were Dany, just landing in Gulltown, what is your first thing to do? Gather allies with the lords declarant, wreck everything in the Vale, or go to help a teenager with a sickly lord at a top of a mountain in the middle of winter. The only way I see this happening is if both Tyrion and Barristan convince her to do this AND the lords declarant tell her they will support her if they get back Sweetrobin. A better idea is the Hound's group finding them and taking them to Gulltown to find a ship.

I don't think that we'll see the Hound anywhere near Sansa at that stage. If anyone is going to encounter him than it's Jaime. They both have an appointment with Ungregor. And I do think that Dany will head straight for the Eyrie. She"ll leave Barry or Tyrion to watch over the landing and than fly on to show that the dragon has returned. By flying over the Vale to the Eyrie she does much more to get allies than by speaking with the Lords-declarant seperatly (which would be risky because they could try to kill her)/ She'll head for the Eyrie because of the symbolic meaning, Visenya flew to the Eyrie and made the Arryns kneel before Aegon the Conqueror. Sansa and her group (I Always suspected that Brienne and the remnants of the BwB would be there in the Vale, not the BF or the Hound) won't go to Gulltown because the whole place is stacked with LF's henchmen (Gulltown is LF powerbase in the Vale).

I don't have time to wade through all the posts about the THEON sample chapter from The Windows of Winter, so I have no idea whether the following exchange between Theon and Stannis from that chapter was ever discussed:

"Unchain me, and I will serve you."

"As you served Roose Bolton and Robb Stark?" Stannis snorted. "I think not. We have a warmer end in mind for you, turncloak. But not until we're done with you."

He means to kill me.
The thought was queerly comforting. Death did not frighten Theon Greyjoy. Death would mean an end to pain. "Be done with me, then," he urged the king. "Take off my head off and stick it on a spear. I slew Lord Eddard's sons, I ought to die. But do it quick.
He is coming.
"

"Who is coming? Bolton?"

"Lord Ramsay," Theon hissed. "The son, not the father. You must not let him take him. Roose... Roose is safe within the walls of Winterfell with his fat new wife.
Ramsay
is coming."

"Ramsay Snow, you mean. The Bastard."

"Never call him that!"
Spittle sprayed from Theon's lips. "Ramsay
Bolton
, not Ramsay Snow, never Snow, never, you have to remember his
name
, or he will hurt you."

"He is welcome to try. Whatever name he goes by."

So when Theon realizes that Stannis intends to kill him, he urges him to do it quickly, before Ramsay comes, because Theon would rather die than be taken by Ramsay.

But what does Theon mean when he says to Stannis, "You must not let him take him"? Take WHO "him"? Is this a typo? Should it not read "You must not let him take me"?

Or does Theon mean you (Stannis) must not let him (Ramsay) take him (Reek)?

Now we readers understand that Theon was Ramsay's "Reek," but it seems unlikely that Stannis would understand this. Stannis doesn't even seem to notice that Theon spoke the words you must not let him take him. This makes me wonder whether Theon really spoke those words, or merely thought them, in which case, they should be italicized and understood thusly:

"
You
(Theon)
must not let him
(Ramsay)
t
ake him
(Reek)

Your thoughts, anyone?

I don't think that we'll see the Hound anywhere near Sansa at that stage. If anyone is going to encounter him than it's Jaime. They both have an appointment with Ungregor. And I do think that Dany will head straight for the Eyrie. She"ll leave Barry or Tyrion to watch over the landing and than fly on to show that the dragon has returned. By flying over the Vale to the Eyrie she does much more to get allies than by speaking with the Lords-declarant seperatly (which would be risky because they could try to kill her)/ She'll head for the Eyrie because of the symbolic meaning, Visenya flew to the Eyrie and made the Arryns kneel before Aegon the Conqueror. Sansa and her group (I Always suspected that Brienne and the remnants of the BwB would be there in the Vale, not the BF or the Hound) won't go to Gulltown because the whole place is stacked with LF's henchmen (Gulltown is LF powerbase in the Vale).

Hmm..... Interesting idea, however, Dany likes to think she is Aegon the Conqueror reborn, It wont be her. I would love to think it's Tyrion because he would save Sansa and Sweetrobin and kill Littlefinger for the meddling. He flies back with Sansa and Sweetrobin and shows them to the Lords Declarant. They both support Dany and the lords will accept Dany.

I don't have time to wade through all the posts about the THEON sample chapter from The Windows of Winter, so I have no idea whether the following exchange between Theon and Stannis from that chapter was ever discussed:

"Unchain me, and I will serve you."

"As you served Roose Bolton and Robb Stark?" Stannis snorted. "I think not. We have a warmer end in mind for you, turncloak. But not until we're done with you."

He means to kill me.
The thought was queerly comforting. Death did not frighten Theon Greyjoy. Death would mean an end to pain. "Be done with me, then," he urged the king. "Take off my head off and stick it on a spear. I slew Lord Eddard's sons, I ought to die. But do it quick.
He is coming.
"

"Who is coming? Bolton?"

"Lord Ramsay," Theon hissed. "The son, not the father. You must not let him take him. Roose... Roose is safe within the walls of Winterfell with his fat new wife.
Ramsay
is coming."

"Ramsay Snow, you mean. The Bastard."

"Never call him that!"
Spittle sprayed from Theon's lips. "Ramsay
Bolton
, not Ramsay Snow, never Snow, never, you have to remember his
name
, or he will hurt you."

"He is welcome to try. Whatever name he goes by."

So when Theon realizes that Stannis intends to kill him, he urges him to do it quickly, before Ramsay comes, because Theon would rather die than be taken by Ramsay.

But what does Theon mean when he says to Stannis, "You must not let him take him"? Take WHO "him"? Is this a typo? Should it not read "You must not let him take me"?

Or does Theon mean you (Stannis) must not let him (Ramsay) take him (Reek)?

Now we readers understand that Theon was Ramsay's "Reek," but it seems unlikely that Stannis would understand this. Stannis doesn't even seem to notice that Theon spoke the words you must not let him take him. This makes me wonder whether Theon really spoke those words, or merely thought them, in which case, they should be italicized and understood thusly:

"
You
(Theon)
must not let him
(Ramsay)
t
ake him
(Reek)

Your thoughts, anyone?

It's Theon shedding his skin of being Reek and turning back into Theon. You (Stannis) must not let him (Ramsay) take him (Reek).

Ramsay wants his Reek back.

It's Theon shedding his skin of being Reek and turning back into Theon. You (Stannis) must not let him (Ramsay) take him (Reek).

Ramsay wants his Reek back.

When Theon said, "He is coming", Stannis asked, "Who is coming? Bolton?"

But when Theon (supposedly) said, "You must not let him take him," why didn't Stannis ask, "Take whom?"

It's pretty farfetched to assume that Stannis would automatically understand that the "him" in "take him" refers to Reek.

I find in much more plausible to believe that Theon was only thinking, not saying, you (Theon) must not let him (Ramsay) take him (Ramsay's Reek). That would explain why Stannis never asked, "Take whom?" He didn't ask because Theon never spoke the words you must not let him take him.

If, as you suggest, Theon was appealing to Stannis not to let Ramsay take his Reek, it would seem that Theon would have said something like "please, don't let Ramsay take me", rather than "you must not let him take him". One does not say "must" to kings. (Recall how Stannis bristled "Must I?, when Maester Tybald said, "Your Grace must understand...") And it seems unlikely that Stannis would automatically grasp the ambiguous "take him", or let it pass without asking "take whom?"

I think that the Vale is about to come under attack from the mountain clans. I do not think that they will play a role with Dany at all. It could be interesting if the mountain clans take control of the Vale and Sansa is only spared because she is Tyrion's wife.

Hmm..... Interesting idea, however, Dany likes to think she is Aegon the Conqueror reborn, It wont be her. I would love to think it's Tyrion because he would save Sansa and Sweetrobin and kill Littlefinger for the meddling. He flies back with Sansa and Sweetrobin and shows them to the Lords Declarant. They both support Dany and the lords will accept Dany.

Does she? Does she really? I don't think that Tyrion, if he ever rides a dragon, will be comfortable enough to fly of on his own. Dany seems better because she shows that she's bold and brave by going to the Eyrie (+ I think she'll see it as a sort of reward to go flying with Drogon). When she goes to the Vale she'll want to resemble Visenya by going herself because she needs the symbolic gesture as a counter to Faegon taking Storms End. Dany takes the Eyrie by herself and so she has taken an impregnable castle as wel.

Fairly good points. My 2 cents:

1) Forming revolt against Euron. Martin promised some messed up shit in the Damphair chapters, so I suspect something supernatural. I think that Damphair is either going to die very creatively at Euron's hand via some dark magic or pull off some dark magic himself. I think that Euron's plans rely quite a bit less on Dany's dragons than he has us believe. I bet he still has another ace up his sleeve. Whatever it is, I suspect Damphair will be the one to discover it.

2) High-Garden sounds like a very probable destination, yes. Didn't Martin promise a High-Garden chapter in Winds? What other P.O.V would he use for this? No idea what J.C. could accomplish there though. Maybe he'll witness another Ironborn attack, maybe someone (the Queen of Thorns?) seeds some doubts about his Aegon....I'd be surprised if he survives Winds though.

3) I think the Vale might first make eyes at Aegon (as long as it's under LF's control, which I suspect it will be for the largest part of Winds at least). Aegon will look like a pretty good bet in those early chapters of his invasion and I can't see LF keen on taking arms against him. At the very least, he'll try to keep the Vale neutral, maybe even angle for an alliance, using Sansa as a bait.

But LF won't run the show forever and the moment he's gone, Sansa's own inclinations might be rather different. I could totally see Sansa ditching Aegon in favour of Dany after she got rid of LF - just in time for Dany's own invasion of Westeros. I found the post about the Vale as the ideal landing point for Dany quite convincing.

4) Yep, don't see much Stannis involvement in the Second Dance of Dragons. He's already busy with the real deal, fully aware of the Other-situation at the Wall; he's got no time for that kind of side-show.

Maybe if Dany takes her sweet time to get to Westeros (not exactly unlikely...), Aegon gets a bit cocky, having had such an easy time with all the conquering so far, dispatiching Tyrells and Lannisters without as much as breaking a sweat and decides to move against Stannis next.

At that point, Bran might have found a way to clue Sansa in to what's happening in the North, that he and Rickon and even Jon in some fashion are still alive and battling a bigger foe, and Sansa will realize that the last thing her brothers need up there is Aegon picking a fight with the one pretender who's actually managed to make himself useful so far. So Aegon will have to go and that's why Sansa might have a motivation to side with Dany instead (assuming that Dany at that point is backed by Tyrion; Sansa knows that Tyrion is someone who can be reasoned with and might be convinced to talk Dany out of making any trouble for Stannis as long as he's battling Boltons and ice-zombies).

Archived