[Book Spoilers] Sigil of "House Talisa"

a free shadow

I like that Talisa theory. It would explain why she's at the Red Wedding, and why she was so quick to "fall in love" with Robb and marry him. She'll do something to betray him at the RW, with Roose delivering the final blow. Maybe she really is Jeyne, which might explain why HBO always labels photos of her under "Jeyne".

I've been on the "Talisa is a spy" wagon since mid last season.

There are a few flaws to the video though -

Not "everyone from Essos" has an accent - Illyrio, Varys, and most of the Qarth'een don't.

Talisa doesn't carry around "lots of silk", she lacks it - and a very tenuous connection to the Lannisters doing business with a silk trader, silk is just something a medic would use.

Knowing that a significant castle would have a Maester with a stock of medical supplies is something anyone who has spent 2 minutes in Westeros would know.

She's still a spy, though.

More confirmation from this episode - Harrenhall knew Robb was coming, and the Lannisters are now able to evade him and not give him a fight on the battlefield. Cause Talisa keeps them informed on Robb's movements, duh...

It's an eliphant zoom in and you see that it has - how do you call that in english - Eliphant nose (sorry don't know the exact name). And the tail is flowing from left to above.

Sorry dude. There is no way that is an elephant...

Just to be clear, Ran has come on one of these many silly threads recently and stated emphatically that Talisa is exactly what she appears to be. She is not a spy. So let's shut this down (until the next thread pops up and it has to be debunked again).

I'm curious as to how Ran would know that for sure? I know he has more contacts than most of us to the show, but I was under the impression that he hasn't seen the whole season yet and I wouldn't expect it to be revealed until near the end if it were true. Not that I would be surprised if it wasn't the case. Mainly because the writers have shown zero ability or desire to have any mysteries in the show. See Selmy revealing himself right away, Littlefinger dealing with Sansa directly instead of Dontos, revealing exactly what happens to Craster's sons, revealing all of Loras and Renly's relationship,. The writers don't seem to like leaving anything to the imagination when it comes to plots.

Just to be clear, Ran has come on one of these many silly threads recently and stated emphatically that Talisa is exactly what she appears to be. She is not a spy. So let's shut this down (until the next thread pops up and it has to be debunked again).

link? that's too bad...it would fit pretty well and make her way more interesting...

It does further support this theory:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=jsTVnZm9hFg

I was thinking something similar as well, but that was a VERY thorough argument. I'm not but a few hundred pages in to AFFC, so I've no idea if there was something similar revealed in the books, but if so--

Cat better widen her Riverland revenge campaign beyond the Freys.

Great theory! I had picked up on Roose's attitude and given the same interpretation, he doesn't care about Robb's infatuation because he's already planning a coup, but I thought Talisa was merely wishy-washy.

Now will Tally get it at the RW? Bet she does, no-one likes a spy and the best spies are dead ones once their main job is done...

For crying out loud, Talisa is not a spy. What kind of spy acts deliberately antagonistic toward her enemy King? What sort of spy actively helps her enemies soldiers after they have been injured? For that matter, what sort of spy serves as a medic in the first place?

Talisa told her story in episode 8 last season. That is who she is.

For crying out loud, Talisa is not a spy. What kind of spy acts deliberately antagonistic toward her enemy King? What sort of spy actively helps her enemies soldiers after they have been injured? For that matter, what sort of spy serves as a medic in the first place?

A very good spy.

Archived