Epilogue Guess

Azor Ahoy!

The Others are south of the Wall. Harrold Hardying, having taken the Arryn name, leads thousands of riders in a calvary charge against them, speeding over the snow under the Arryn-Stark-Baelish-Tully banners. The Greatjon, the Blackfish, Leather, all the remnants of Stannis forces, the Mountain clans and the Magnar of Thenn ride by his side.

They all get mauled and killed. The Others descend upon the realms of men.

Danny is still in Mereen.

I so wanna see the Others kill everyone of those fucking Dothraki starting with Danys `it is known` handmaids

But in all seriousness WOW will end with the Others doing something

After re reading bran ı in adwd I'm pretty positive coldhands is benjen..

Anywho, I think the prologue will be Khal jhago, he will be riding along and find dany and be drogons lunch, then mago will get the khalasar to follow her..

As for the epilogue, it'll be either ramsay of roose..

Many people pointed this out: the strongest evidence against this theory is that the CotF say that coldhands died a long time ago. I doubt less than 2 years is a long time for the CotF.

The first will never happen. The second probably (20%), but with benjen as their captive.

Just popped in to my mind that when the wall was built by Brandon the Builder, the horn of winter must've been made at the same time. If the horn works like the dragonbinder Vic has, it must be bound to its owner by blood. If Bran the Builder bound it to his blood we could presume the binding passes on in his kin after his death. Because all the Starks have his blood in their veins Benjen would be used to blow the horn and bring the wall down.

Stannis dying in the north fighting against the Others after the Wall comes down. I think that if he went out like this with a certain level of badass-ery then his quest would be completely validated in my mind. He was always the least shortsighted of the claimants to the Iron Throne and I think that him going down against the Others would set the stage appropriately for the final book while still giving Stannis a sufficiently awesome swansong

Stannis dying in the north fighting against the Others after the Wall comes down. I think that if he went out like this with a certain level of badass-ery then his quest would be completely validated in my mind. He was always the least shortsighted of the claimants to the Iron Throne and I think that him going down against the Others would set the stage appropriately for the final book while still giving Stannis a sufficiently awesome swansong

I'm actually predicting that as the ADOS prologue. Now THAT would be a great way to start off the final book (hopefully) with a bang!

1) The others learn that the horn under the fist of the first men is really the horn of winter. They get a wildling captive to get it and blow it and the wall comes down.

OR

2) Bran and Hodor discover the Horn of Winter but not realizing what it is they blow it and the wall comes down.

I'm liking the Others. I feel that this may happen earlier though but if it is the epilogue, I'm thinking a broken Stannis after losing the North to the returning Rickon, wonders beyond the wall & blows the horn bringing down the wall & finally becoming a King "The Night King". Ok that probably is'nt going to happen.

Ramsey Brings down the wall.

I dont think Aegon will sit the Iron Throne. The Lannisters have a way of getting out of tight spots & I'm thinking they may sell Mrycella to Euron in exchange for killing Aegon. Euron will do this, marry Mrycella & slit Tommens throat making him king. Wishful thinking.

I'm going for a Benjen epilogue, I truly believe he is still alive.

Manderly just wants rickon there as Lord not King so a rightful heir can rejoin the N and not be under control of Roose. The North remembers. The wall will at least be breached, if the whole thing comes down GRRM will kill everyone along the wall at once and that is too anti-climactic. I still want to know the reason for Darkstar to try and kill Myrcella. I wouldn't be surprised if in the end Jamie takes his kids, forsaking the IT, and disappears to Essos.

Seeing as someone has started a thread guessing what will happen in the TWOW prologue and its POV character, why not a thread for the epilogue?

I have two possibilites:

1) After having killed Tommen, Myrcella and Cersei Aegon has captured KL and is sitting on the It. But, in the epilogue, a commoner learns that Aegon is a Blackfyre and spreads the word but it gets traced to him and he is killed by the gold cloaks or the KG.

2) The Others are moving south and learn the location of the real Horn of Winter. They dig it out and get a captive to blow it, causing the Wall to collapse (this would be epic!)

What do you think?

And Aegon would be the Valonqar. I love both of your ideas.

I always wanted the Wall to come down in the TWOW epilogue, since its definitely going to come down. Also, the scene can come out of nowhere after a book that focuses on the struggle for the Iron Throne, it will serve as a great reminder of the true threat. It will be a big "shit just got real" moment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Pycelle is dead already.

But, then again, they say dead is not what it used to be.

:) nice

Euron, who's gone to Oldtown to raid, finds the horn Sam had, but Jaqen, thinking this is the horn that controls dragons, kills Euron and escapes. Sarella chases him. Sam is useless in all this.

No, it will be impossible. Do you really believe that Winterfell will stay with the boltons for all of WoW?

Never thought about that. It makes a lot of sense so thank you.

The first will never happen. The second probably (20%), but with benjen as their captive. However, I believe that it is impossible for us to guess the epilogue chapter. Would have you known it will be a frey in SoS or Kevan in DoD

The Others don't seem like the type to keep captives... alive

Archived