Ghost/Jon parted ways

Mulled Wino

He saw Jon's story was going nowhere last season and he went looking for a new owner. Sadly, there wasn't much action at the fist for him either. So maybe they're planning on using Ghost as a messenger now? Mormont will tie messages to him for delivery to Jon, asking him to in turn send back reports on the situation inside the wilding camp. (I think Jon actually thought about doing that in the books, but realized how impractical it would be -- not a problem for the show though.) Other than that, I'm not sure what they're doing with him.

Well, they did part ways later on in the book, and nobody knew where ghost was at that time, so I actually think this is a good solution.

Really? Because in the books it was because

Ghost couldn't climb a wall

. On tv it was because.........maybe you can answer that for me, since you think it was a good solution.

He saw Jon's story was going nowhere last season and he went looking for a new owner. Sadly, there wasn't much action at the fist for him either. So maybe they're planning on using Ghost as a messenger now? Mormont will tie messages to him for delivery to Jon, asking him to in turn send back reports on the situation inside the wilding camp. (I think Jon actually thought about doing that in the books, but realized how impractical it would be -- not a problem for the show though.) Other than that, I'm not sure what they're doing with him.

He may have also thought: "Who's that bonehead in the black cloak? Why does he keep doing stupid, shortsighted things? My previous keeper was a resourceful, bright, if naive young man, not the kind of dude that makes Wile E. Coyote look like a genius. I'm off to find Sam, at least he always has food."

Maybe we missed a sene where Ghost said his NW vows as well.

This is a good thought. Actually the only explanation that makes sense (apart from the "Jon is an idiot and I do not want to have anything to do with him anymore").

I still do not like it though. I really wished for a scene where Jon would try to use Ghost to try to avoid sleeping with Ygritte, as he did in the books. :P

Really? Because in the books it was because

Ghost couldn't climb a wall

. On tv it was because.........maybe you can answer that for me, since you think it was a good solution.

They really missed out on (1) Jon using Ghost to avoid sleeping with Yigritte and (2) the wildlings recognizing him as a wrag and so starting to really develop the storyline. I hope D&D have a reason for separating them so early and not just the fact that they didn't know what to do with Ghost

They really missed out on (1) Jon using Ghost to avoid sleeping with Yigritte and (2) the wildlings recognizing him as a wrag and so starting to really develop the storyline. I hope D&D have a reason for separating them so early and not just the fact that they didn't know what to do with Ghost and the fact that special effects are expensive.

There, fixed it for you. ;)

They really missed out on (1) Jon using Ghost to avoid sleeping with Yigritte and (2) the wildlings recognizing him as a wrag and so starting to really develop the storyline. I hope D&D have a reason for separating them so early and not just the fact that they didn't know what to do with Ghost

This, I just can't get over it. So much of the beyond the wall storyline is being ignored.

Since we know Jon's heading for the First of the First Men in a couple episodes and that's where Ghost is now, maybe Ghost will hang out around there and meet back up with Jon.

that's a possible solution....but why have it need a solution in the first place?

Perhaps I'm reaching here, but maybe it's supposed to reinforce that Jon is still "with" the NW. In the show we don't get the benefit of his internal thoughts to show us that he hasn't abandoned the NW, so ghost being there is a reminder or symbol.

We did see Ghost wander away and disappear in Season 2. So he probably returned to the Fist. Maybe he'll follow Sam, or maybe he'll disappear and meet Jon and the Wildlings before they climb the wall, and Jon will impress them by being buddy with a direwolf. Who knows.

Perhaps I'm reaching here, but maybe it's supposed to reinforce that Jon is still "with" the NW. In the show we don't get the benefit of his internal thoughts to show us that he hasn't abandoned the NW, so ghost being there is a reminder or symbol.

I think it's pretty obvious in the show that Quorin Halfhand forced him to become a spy.

There, fixed it for you. ;)

HAHA. They had a $50 million budget for the show! just cut out a minute of flying dragons and you have enough of a budget for Ghost. Plus, ppl will buy way more Ghost plushies than Dragon plushies. Product promotion fail HBO.

Archived