Most Precise ASOIAF Timeline in Existence

PrivateMajor

In that case, it's good this way, right?

Tommens wedding is at 2/5/300, autumn began at the end of the first month in 299AC, news of winter arrived at 6/17/300

So a total of 17 months passed in between, and Tommen's takes place at the start of the 5th month. That's roughly at 2/3rd..

I don't know what to make of it. I have a feeling the George doesn't know whata hhunter's moon really is. Or maybe I'm wrong...

• 2 weeks later...

So Tyrion captured on the 9/13 and Ned reacts to to the Lannister army on 10/5.

Wow, the poor Lannisters have barely any time to react to Neds hatred of the Lannisters.

Imagine how many more men they could have raised if they had the same time as the North.

Tywin had been gathering swords when Game began. Right around the time Jon Arryn was killed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's a huge problem. Has this been considered? We have Davos IV, Dance, occurring on 4/10, in which Robett tells Davos that Stannis has liberated Deepwood Motte, and then 20 days later, we have Stannis liberating Deepwood Motte on 4/30 in Asha I, Dance!

Here's a huge problem. Has this been considered? We have Davos IV, Dance, occurring on 4/10, in which Robett tells Davos that Stannis has liberated Deepwood Motte, and then 20 days later, we have Stannis liberating Deepwood Motte on 4/30 in Asha I, Dance!

I remember this mistake being brought up. This looks like on George's side.

It has two different dates for Jeyne and Ramsay's wedding - C380 and C371, Theon 4 from ADWD.

Fixed

Ah, I see.. It did come up before.. But I can't recall why nothing was done about it...? Can't find it either..

So, we've got the following chapters that are important to this issue:

Jaime 3 AFFC: Wylis Manderly is freed, and send to Maidenpool to get on a ship to White Harbor

Reek 2 ADWD: Moat Cailin falls

Asha 1 ADWD: Asha receives new from the Boltons that Moat Cailin has fallen (which occurs in Reek 2). Deepwood Motte is taken by Stannis

Davos 2 ADWD: Davos arrives at White Harbor. Ramsay is going south with the Umbers

Davos 3: 18 days after Davos 2, Davis is finally heard by Manderly, but ends up arrested

Davos 4 ADWD: Wylis arrives at White Harbor today. According to Robett, Deepwood Motte has been taken by Stannis. Roose Bolton is summoning lords to Barrowton for the wedding. Wyman already knows he should go to Winterfell, not Barrowton. (IIRC, that decision is made in Reek 3?)..

Somewhere in between Davos 3 and 4, Davos' death is faked, which leads to Wylis being send to White Harbor (in Jaime 3, the orders of Wylis' arrest have already arrived.).

So it would seem that all the Davos chapters could use some moving, but the references to the Reek chapters should be kept in mind..

Is there any reason why Davos 4 can't simply be moved after Asha 1? Does Asha 1 need to be moved up a bit then? I don't have the time currently to reread the chapters properly today..

Fixed

Ah, I see.. It did come up before.. But I can't recall why nothing was done about it...? Can't find it either..

Jaime 3 AFFC: Wylis Manderly is freed, and send to Maidenpool to get on a ship to White Harbor

Asha 1 ADWD: Asha receives new from the Boltons that Moat Cailin has fallen (which occurs in Reek 2). Deepwood Motte is taken by Stannis

Davos 2 ADWD: Davos arrives at White Harbor. Ramsay is going south with the Umbers

Davos 3: 18 days after Davos 2, Davis is finally heard by Manderly, but ends up arrested

Davos 4 ADWD: Wylis arrives at White Harbor today. According to Robett, Deepwood Motte has been taken by Stannis. Roose Bolton is summoning lords to Barrowton for the wedding. Wyman already knows he should go to Winterfell, not Barrowton. (IIRC, that decision is made in Reek 3?)..

Somewhere in between Davos 3 and 4, Davos' death is faked, which leads to Wylis being send to White Harbor (in Jaime 3, the orders of Wylis' arrest have already arrived.).

So it would seem that all the Davos chapters could use some moving, but the references to the Reek chapters should be kept in mind..

Is there any reason why Davos 4 can't simply be moved after Asha 1? Does Asha 1 need to be moved up a bit then? I don't have the time currently to reread the chapters properly today..

I think so. Bolton and his allies have already sent a bird with a message from Barrowton in Asha I, but it's not signed by Manderly and his allies, who would still be at White Harbor, with an imminent departure to join Bolton.

ETA: No, see next post...

Fixed

@R_T: Reek III is also important. Wyman has joined Roose at Barrowton. So Asha I must precede Davos I, which must precede Reek III.

The curious issue is why Wyman said he had to go to Winterfell in Davos IV when Roose summoned all to Barrowton and Wyman did go to Barrowton. Perhaps Roose summoned the lords to Barrowton with the intention of marching to Winterfell together. The problem with that is Roose apparently doesn't decide to have wedding at Winterfell until Reek III. So Wyman was either anticipating Roose's decision or the George made a mistake.

The curious issue is why Wyman said he had to go to Winterfell in Davos IV when Roose summoned all to Barrowton and Wyman did go to Barrowton. Perhaps Roose summoned the lords to Barrowton with the intention of marching to Winterfell together. The problem with that is Roose apparently doesn't decide to have wedding at Winterfell until Reek III. So Wyman was either anticipating Roose's decision or the George made a mistake.

Or, Wyman knows something about Winterfell that we don't.

I am thinking - as a loyal Stark follower for longer than direwolves remember - maybe he has to go to Winterfell for an entirely different reason in times there's no Stark there. It may seem an off thought as the summons go to Barrowton, and it looks so much like a leftorder of chapter reordering by George, but maybe once more, there be some clue we cannot yet put in its place.

Or, Wyman just assumed that the wedding would take place at Winterfell, despite being summoned to Barrowton..

Or, he said Winterfell to throw Davos off track (I dunno...)

In any case, I'll update when I have he chance.. has it not yet happened in a week time, a reminder would be nice :)

Whilst on the subject of changes to the document, on the Arianne reread I tried to map out her imprisonment, which I figured lasts about 2 months and a week (maybe 2), not the three months the timeline currently displays. Is there any reason anyone can think off that Arianne's "imprisonment" currently takes 3 months, and why it can't be shorter?

Another reason why Asha I should precede Reek III, is that Ramsay sends her a bird at Deepwood Motte in Asha I, but in Reek III Ramsay learns that Stannis has taken Deepwood Motte.

ETA: The trick is that Euron and the Ironmen have left the Iron Islands for the Shield Islands by the time of Asha I. Still, Asha I can precede The Reaver since she doesn't know of the assault.

And here's another consideration... The Night's Watch learns about the liberation of Deepwood Motte in Jon VI. Presumably that would have been the first bird Stannis sent. What's the distance from Deepwood Motte to Castle Black (Jon VII) vs White Harbor (Davos IV) vs Barrowton (Reek III)? Actually, we have to assume that Stannis sent a bird to White Harbor long before he sent one Barrowton since after the bird arrives in White Harbor we have to get Lord Too Fat to Barrowton before Barrowton receives word from Stannis. Or maybe Wyman brings the word?

Or, Wyman just assumed that the wedding would take place at Winterfell, despite being summoned to Barrowton..

Or, he said Winterfell to throw Davos off track (I dunno...)

In any case, I'll update when I have he chance.. has it not yet happened in a week time, a reminder would be nice :)

Whilst on the subject of changes to the document, on the Arianne reread I tried to map out her imprisonment, which I figured lasts about 2 months and a week (maybe 2), not the three months the timeline currently displays. Is there any reason anyone can think off that Arianne's "imprisonment" currently takes 3 months, and why it can't be shorter?

I'm being nice :)

Archived