[Book Spoilers] Shae/Dontos

Does anyone else see Shae being set up to replace Dontos in Littlefingers plot to get Sansa out of KL?

It seems like Tyrion is a show favorite and the writers would have trouble having him do a thing like strangle Shae. Especially after setting her up to be a more loveable(Matter of opinion) character than she is in the books.

Just a thought...

Now tell me what I missed in the show that will completely shut down this theory.

Nothing in the show... but

Shae has to die... it is all about Tyrion's relationship with his father. The fact that Tywin is a hypocrite and full of hot air with that proper behavior for Lannister stuff that he has been dishing on Tyrion his whole life....to me... is the tipping point whereby the bolt is let loose. I don't think that tyrion really ever has any intent when he climbs back into the tower.

They already revealed that Littlefinger is behind the escape. They can still use Dontos if they want or nobody. Seems no other reason for introducing his character in Ep1 of season 2. Dontos can show up and say.... c'mon littlefinger sent me it is time to go......I want to help you Sansa because you saved my life.... and then he gets killed just the same

Does anyone else see Shae being set up to replace Dontos in Littlefingers plot to get Sansa out of KL?

It seems like Tyrion is a show favorite and the writers would have trouble having him do a thing like strangle Shae. Especially after setting her up to be a more loveable(Matter of opinion) character than she is in the books.

Just a thought...

Now tell me what I missed in the show that will completely shut down this theory.

Ros+Shae+Littlefinger=Dontos

That's what you missed. Pretty obvious that none of them will stand alone and replace Dontos.

I also think it's crazy how people are so sure that Tyrion will

kill his father and not a whore.

I had thought that, since Shae is playing the "Dontos" role insofar as she's Sansa's trusted confidant in KL, but Sansa kept mum about the escape plan when Shae was prodding her for information about what Littlefinger had discussed with her in 3x02. Seems to point to Shae being left out of the escape plan loop.

...And really, given how protective TV Shae is of Sansa right now and how suspicious she is of Littlefinger's intentions towards Sansa, I can't ever see her cooperating to help place Sansa completely under Littlefinger's power.

I think Tywin saying that he'll hang the next whore he finds in Tyrion's bed a bit of a wink, wink to the readers because the opposite is essentially true. At least the way I pictured how he strangles her with the chain.

For hands of gold are always cold

But a woman's hands are warm.

Just checking -- if this thread is labelled "book spoilers", then why do threads about the aftermath of PW need to be in spoiler tags?

In any case, if they write Tyrion's scene with Shae out, or alter his actions, I will truly be pissed for the first time in the adaptation. It's a critical turning point for his character because it adds an element of darkness that really wasn't there previously.

Just checking -- if this thread is labelled "book spoilers", then why do threads about the aftermath of PW need to be in spoiler tags?

In any case, if they write Tyrion's scene with Shae out, or alter his actions, I will truly be pissed for the first time in the adaptation. It's a critical turning point for his character because it adds an element of darkness that really wasn't there previously.

Agreed. His reaction to the betrayal is very important.

Tyrion has to kill Shae. It's pivotal for his character development. Monumental. Couldn't be any more necessary. Non negotiable.

I'd say having Ros serve as a double agent sets her up in the Dontos role. I'm imagining her in the rowboat and the look on her face when LF gives the order and I love it.

Disclaimer: not a Ros hater.

Perhaps Shae helps Sansa escape, brings her to LF, is promptly killed and thus goes missing.

Tyrion takes this absence as his father's work, asks him where is Shae? Tywin answers wherever whores go, and thus Tyrion kills him.

But the events are way too spread out in the show. The PW won't even happen this season so it seems unlikely.

I see Ros and not Shae as the one to play the Dontos part. She's working for LF so it seem likely she will be the one to aid him with Sansa's escape. Shae doesn't trust LF so I don't think she will help with Sansa plans.

I think Shae's fate will remain very much with the Tyrion and Tywin storyline and relationship.

I thought Ros would kind of take the place of Dontos, her story ending when Littlefinger has her killed after rescuing Sansa.

I honestly don't see them finding a way to drag "The Life of Ros the Whore" any farther than that.

Which begs the question what was the point of introducing Dontos in the first place? Gotta love the logic of this show.

And it's looking apparent that once Tyrion is betrothed to Sansa, Shae (with a case of the green-eyed gazungas) will betray them pair of them (handing Sansa to LF, and then sleep with Tywin). I seriously doubt Tyrion will murder her, however. They've bowdlerized just about everything involving Dinklage's character so far.

Which begs the question what was the point of introducing Dontos in the first place? Gotta love the logic of this show.

It almost seems like the showrunners changed their minds about Dontos. We know that the actor for Dontos shot more scenes for Season 2 (he's actually in 2x04 in the throne room scene dressed in motley, but the scene was cut so that you only catch a glimpse of him), but that they were ultimately cut. At some point they must have decided Dontos was expendable at least at regards to the escape plot, but they still left in the scene with his introduction in 2x01, since there was other stuff in the scene in 2x01 I guess they decided they wanted to keep in (Joffrey's cruelty, Sansa's kindness, etc. etc.) If Littlefinger is interacting directly with Sansa without the benefit of a middleman, then there's really no need for Dontos.

I seriously doubt Tyrion will murder her, however.

We'll see. We're only at 3x02; Tyrion's murder of Shae is probably at least 15 episodes away.

As if no other show has one-off characters :rolleyes:

But Dontos *isn't* a one-off character. So he's become just 'some guy' who served no purpose.

It almost seems like the showrunners changed their minds about Dontos. We know that the actor for Dontos shot more scenes for Season 2, but that they were ultimately cut. At some point they must have decided Dontos was expendable, but they still left in the scene with his introduction in 2x01, leaving it as a once-off.

A more likely explanation. Still, they gotta give the people what they want: Shae & Ros by the bucketload. :rolleyes:

But Dontos *isn't* a one-off character. So he's become just 'some guy' who served no purpose.

A more likely explanation. Still, they gotta give the people what they want: Shae & Ros by the bucketload. :rolleyes:

Dontos is a one-off character in the show, not in the books. He did serve a purpose; it was pointed out in the post above yours.

Shae & Ros, though over used, do serve purpose. People need to get over it.

Littlefinger is about to leave KL though. It's pretty obvious that he fails to take Sansa with him.

After he leaves who gives Sansa the messages about leaving? Ros? If so the part of Dantos will be played by Ros. Especially if she's a double agent for the spider and LF finds out.

If Sansa asks Shae to help her escape then Shae is dead. LF "She was Tyrion's whore, she would've told someone how you escaped.."

Option 3. Sansa gets to the docks by herself and a random Kettleblack rows her to the ship.

Archived