What is Littlefinger's endgame?

He's obsessed with power. He didn't get Cat because he was of too lowly birth. He wasn't a strong fighter so he wants to flex his muscles in other ways.

I think his goal is to simply acquire has much power and control as possible.

He has no end game or goal. Rather, his end game is what he is doing right now, which is playing the game, destroying his enemies, and acquiring more power. He doesn't have some grand scheme to end up in a cozy little cottage with Sansa as his wife and some children. If he wanted that he would have it already. My guess is his only goal is to see the complete destruction of all of the great houses. He spreads chaos because that is what he's good at, that is what he does. So in short, his end game is the here and now, playing the game at a high level and sowing discord and anarchy.

Power & money

“Why does a bear shit in the woods?” he demanded. “Because it is his nature. Lying comes as easily as breathing to a man like Littlefinger. You ought to know that, you of all people ... Littlefinger has never loved anyone but Littlefinger ...”

Catelyn Stark and Tyrion Lannister, A Game of Thrones

Littlefinger : You know what I learnt losing that duel? I learnt that I'll never win. Not that way. That's their game, their rules. I'm not going to fight them: I'm going to fuck them. That's what I know, that's what I am, and only by admitting what we are can we get what we want.

Ros: And what do you want?

Littlefinger : Everything, my dear. Everything there is.

Power and money gained through chaos.

Beyond that, I don't know that he has a real end in mind, I don't believe he wants the Iron Throne, because he likes to do everything in secret, being King would be the antithesis of how LF wields power and he would then be everyone's target.

Maybe he's going to acquire as much power as possible and try to destroy the monarchy? Perhaps he wants to rule the Seven Kingdoms, but not as King. As a Lord Protector or some equivalent. He'll become the king in all but name (sort of like Cromwell).

Maybe he's going to acquire as much power as possible and try to destroy the monarchy? Perhaps he wants to rule the Seven Kingdoms, but not as King. As a Lord Protector or some equivalent. He'll become the king in all but name (sort of like Cromwell).

I doubt that - that makes your assassination all to likely. I think is clear is motivated only by his personal self interest, so I he has no goal of saving his Family or Ruling well for the small folk etc. Unless he engineers the deaths of all the Targaryens and Baratheons not mention the Greyjoys and any Starks he is always going to a usurper and face rebellions. My guess is he is mostly interested in living as well as any Great lord, all the while avoiding the spotlight and chucking to himself over his own cleverness as he beats the high nobility that always looked down on him. Not mention of course he dose seem to want Sansa as some sort of Cat replacement but I imagine not in a married with kids kind of way.

He wants to rule in my opinion. A lot of people disagree with me on that matter but i really think that Littlefinger can be the best ruler because he is the only one who values skill and talent more than birth and in a country that has not changed for 6000 years a progresive ruler that supports social change and has the political skills to force it is a gift from heaven.

Maybe he's reached his Endgame already? Cat's dead, but he has the next best thing (Sansa) and he's Lord Protector of The Vale AND Lord Paramount Of The Trident

No I dont think thats enough for Littlefinger.

I agree with what people said about him not wanting the throne, that doesnt suit him. He'd want to rule through a puppet king/queen.

Archived