I hope Daenaerys' dragons die at the end

Fetch me a block

You do realize that GRRM is a pacificist right? I'm pretty sure he does not agree with the above sentiment, and I think it even less likely he would try to incorporate as a moral in his books.

Also, there were tons of wars in Westeros while Targs ruled, it was hardly a nation of peace you claim it was that the noble dragons helped ensure.

I'm pretty sure that Martin has said that while he objected to the Vietnam War, he doesn't object to all wars.

In Westeros, the dragons ceased to be a deterrent, once Targaryens started using them against each other.

You do realize that GRRM is a pacificist right? I'm pretty sure he does not agree with the above sentiment, and I think it even less likely he would try to incorporate as a moral in his books.

Also, there were tons of wars in Westeros while Targs ruled, it was hardly a nation of peace you claim it was that the noble dragons helped ensure.

That's exactly my point having them can avoid war by just the threat of them. And what wars do you speak of during the dragons being alive?

Can I just ask, why?

Why on earth were your comments actually necessary?

Why does every thread that even dares to mention Dany turn into foul and vehement hatred.

Well done, you don't like her. But no where did this thread ask that.

Sigh.

I can't understand why any character (with the exceptions of people like Ramsay Bolton, and Ser Gregor Clegane) attracts vehement hatred.

I criticise Dany for a lot of what she did in Slavers' Bay, but never in abusive terms.

Dany is by no means my favourite character but the amount of sheer, blind, ugly hatred I see for her really shocks me sometimes.

The sad part is that she was one of my favorite characters until the last book. I don't hate the character just am supper pissed about her developement and direction. And her chapters are starting to bore me.

It's not that I don't like her

I'm just annoyed with her vacations at Slaver's Bay, she already had the unsillied, get the hell out of there, no, she prefered to go to Yunkai and Meereen to free slaves

I liked her until ASOS, but now I'm annoyed, if she started to move to Westeros in TWOW I'll start to like her again

the only people who deserve hate are: Gregor Clegane, Ramsay Snow (Bolton), Joffrey

I can't understand why any character (with the exceptions of people like Ramsay Bolton, and Ser Gregor Clegane) attracts vehement hatred.

I criticise Dany for a lot of what she did in Slavers' Bay, but never in abusive terms.

Me too.

I can criticise a lot of characters but only a few warrant blind hatred and as you've nicely pointed out Ramsay, Gregor Clegane are certainly such examples.

But Dany? Yeah, you can criticise some of her poor decisions, or her entitlement, but she's not some evil monster.

. It has got rather ridiculous.

Definitely.

Yeh why all the hate? Danny has gone through one of the most interesting journeys and transformations in the series. She may be a bit annoying but nonetheless, she's got 3 dragons! 10,000 unsullied which she virtually stole and the support of the people. That's a pretty capable and likeable person imo.

Has Martin ever compared Dragons to WMD? I know that's this forum's favourite analogy for them, but has he ever said that? Because they really don't seem like them at all.

They leave a battleground a smoldering mess of shambles and burnt corpse crisps. I think in this fictional time period it's the closest thing to a WMD.

That's exactly my point having them can avoid war by just the threat of them. And what wars do you speak of during the dragons being alive?

SeanF already answered this

In Westeros, the dragons ceased to be a deterrent, once Targaryens started using them against each other.

The first Dance with Dragons. Would you consider nucs a deterrent if nations started using them against eachother?

Yes there was the dance of dragons. But for the majority the dragons were alive they kept the peace

I don't think so. We know in recent history there was Robert's rebellion, preceeded by the war of the 9 Penny kings, preceeded by other Blakcfyre pretender wars, going back 100 years to the Dunk and Egg novellas.

But you're argueing that during the 200 years the Targs ruled with dragons there were no wars. Again, I have to disagree. A 200 year period of peace would, most likely, lead to an era of prosperity, improved living conditions, and an increase in trade, comerce, and economy. Yet Westeros maintains its militant traditions and feudal society all through this time, despite no wars? I'm not buying it, knights and lords don't just not fight, and I'm looking at real history for this. If you have a society based on a militant class, you either have to fight wars, or the class goes away.

All we know of for sure was the Dance with Dragons, but I'm sure there were other wars during this time.

Archived