Full List of GoT Characters [SPOILERS]

Paul Blackfyre

Why would you add in the animals and CGI-beasts? His starting question is "how big is the cast exactly".

Ha, tell that to the programmers who spend hundreds of hours making those dragons look real! Tell that to the sound engineers who gave them a voice! Tell that to the trainers who bred those wolves and raised them from pups to be big stars one day!

I think it's a fair enough tally to add to the list, especially as these dragons are named dragons that certainly have unique personalities and emotional ties with other characters. Certainly, the direwolves deserve to be characters too, as they incite as much emotion in some viewers as many a human actor does. I was proper gutted when

I read about what happened to Grey Wind and how they 'sewed his head onto Robb's headless body' and when Drogon flew off with Daenarys wasn't it a terrifying moment of 'will it eat her or will it help her???'

Those wolves will be trained and those programmers / sound engineers do as much work as any of the actors. Besides, the question was NOT 'how big is the CAST exactly' if you look at the title of the posting it's 'full list of got CHARACTERS' so boo to you, ser! I think it's a pretty amazing effort by the Blackfyre even if he did miss Tywin initially (doh!)

Ha, tell that to the programmers who spend hundreds of hours making those dragons look real! Tell that to the sound engineers who gave them a voice! Tell that to the trainers who bred those wolves and raised them from pups to be big stars one day!

I think it's a fair enough tally to add to the list, especially as these dragons are named dragons that certainly have unique personalities and emotional ties with other characters. Certainly, the direwolves deserve to be characters too, as they incite as much emotion in some viewers as many a human actor does. I was proper gutted when

I read about what happened to Grey Wind and how they 'sewed his head onto Robb's headless body' and when Drogon flew off with Daenarys wasn't it a terrifying moment of 'will it eat her or will it help her???'

Those wolves will be trained and those programmers / sound engineers do as much work as any of the actors. Besides, the question was NOT 'how big is the CAST exactly' if you look at the title of the posting it's 'full list of got CHARACTERS' so boo to you, ser! I think it's a pretty amazing effort by the Blackfyre even if he did miss Tywin initially (doh!)

I didn't include any CGI characters because, like I said in the first post, I decided to include only characters portrayed by human actors. I had to establish some kind of rules, or else it would be very difficult to make this list. The title of this post is misleading but I explain everything in the first paragraphs.

And I'm sorry about Tywin! :P

Actually, according to the HBO Viewer Guide, she is Cersei Lannister, not Cersei Baratheon. In fact, nothing anywhere ever refers to her as anything but a Lannister.

My opinion is that she is known by Cersei Lannister just because of her family's extreme pride.

She married a Baratheon; so, she got that name, right? Catlyn Tully became Catelyn Stark, for instance.

You probably haven't gotten around to updating yet after the finale but one thing you will be able to do is list all the Iron Islanders who were at Winterfell (Dagmer, Lorren etc) as deceased since Ramsay's letter to Balon confirmed this long-suspected development.

You probably haven't gotten around to updating yet after the finale but one thing you will be able to do is list all the Iron Islanders who were at Winterfell (Dagmer, Lorren etc) as deceased since Ramsay's letter to Balon confirmed this long-suspected development.

I only finished watching the episode 15 minutes ago. But thanks! :)

• 9 months later...

It's insane. Though I would vote for including the extras. Go Cheese Boy!

And you may include the Dragons, Kittens and Direwolves as well. I'd argue that Ghost for example is a character.

Btw. for those interested, there's a quiz on sporcle of the 300 most named characters in the books. You're a real GoT / ASoIaF nerd if you can solve that one! Link

Got 120!

- Sansa Lannister (25 episodes)

Who is that? No such person exists in the show or in the books.

- Cersei Baratheon (28 episodes)

And who is that? There is no character referred to by that name, either.

Also, you forgot to mention Sansa Stark and Cersei Lannister, which really surprises me. Those are major characters.

My opinion is that she is known by Cersei Lannister just because of her family's extreme pride.

She married a Baratheon; so, she got that name, right? Catlyn Tully became Catelyn Stark, for instance.

She's known as Lannister because noblewomen in Westeros don't change their names. At least it doesn't seem so from the available evidence, Catelyn is still referred to as Catelyn Tully as many times as she referred to as Catelyn Stark, at least in the books. (The show may be trying to keep it stupid simple). But Catelyn actually does self-identify as both a Stark and a Tully, and others identify her as a part of both of these houses. Lysa is indeed often referred to as Lysa Arryn. However, Cersei is always Cersei Lannister, Margaery is always Margaery Tyrell, and Sansa is always* Sansa Stark (and don't get me started on all the reasons why she will never be a "Lannister", even the Lannisters aren't trying to pretend that her forced marriage makes her one).

* Or almost always; the only people who ever call Sansa "Lady Lannister" - in-universe or in fandom - are trolls (in the book,only one character does it and he does it specifically in order to dismiss her claim to Winterfell, and in the fandom, it's also done extremely rarely and always by those who are trying to provoke Sansa fans).

You're right. She isn't a Baratheon yet.

Margaery isn't a Baratheon, period. But going by your erroneous logic, she is already, as much as Cersei is (not) a Baratheon. She is Renly's widow;s remember?

"Most women outside of Dorne take the names of their husbands, although not in all cases. If a woman is of higher birth or station than her husband, for example, she may use his name little, if at all." - Wiki of Ice and Fire

Referring to Sansa as Sansa Lannister, Cersei as Cersei Baratheon and Margaery as Margaery Baratheon is not as incorrect as you are saying it is.

"Most women outside of Dorne take the names of their husbands, although not in all cases. If a woman is of higher birth or station than her husband, for example, she may use his name little, if at all." - Wiki of Ice and Fire

Referring to Sansa as Sansa Lannister, Cersei as Cersei Baratheon and Margaery as Margaery Baratheon is not as incorrect as you are saying it is.

It is incorrect since nobody ever does that canonically, except in the exception I mentioned (a certain character being a dick and calling Sansa "Lady Lannister" as a way to dismiss her claim to Winterfell).

When people call Sansa "Sansa Lannister" in the Generall book thread, which happens once in 1000 times, it's always seen as trolling and provocative. So, yes, I think I was being nice, considering.

Áccording to the Game of Thrones Wiki, an extra supposedly appeared as Balon Swann in 2 episodes: "The Bear and the Maiden Fair" and "Second Sons".

Supposedly being the keyword. Remember, anyone can edit this wiki. I am guessing whoever made that update assumed that Balon Swann had joined the kingsguard when he has not yet in show canon.

Also Annara, you are being an uptight book purist. This thread is about the tv show, not the books. What the HBO Guide says is what is canon in tv show land.

If you don't like it, take it up with D&D.

Archived