Favorite Character?

Queen of the Andals

Who is your favorite character, not necessarily who is going to win the Iron Throne, just a personal favorite, and why?

Personally, Sandor Clegane would be my favorite. He was such a tortured and complex character and the more I read about him, the more I fell in love with him. I’m still hoping that he isn’t dead and that we may see a glimpse of him down the line, living a peaceful and quiet life.

Also, an underrated favorite is the Queen of Thorns! She didn’t have much of a storyline, but her sass was hilarious and she did get rid of Joffery!

Sansa. I think it's really interesting (and sad :crying: ) to see her transition from a silly romantic child to a smart young woman. I love seeing how the events harden her and make her wiser. I genuinely think she'd make a great queen as she has learned how to behave at court and who to trust.

Theon is a very close second. He is by far (in my opinion) the best written character. He does what he feels he has to and lives the consequences of his actions. I hated him for invading Winterfell and betraying Robb but he paid for it and is in his way to redeeming himself. I have completelly fogiven him and will be very sad if he dies without at least one more moment of happiness.

Cersei and lady Melisandre are tied in third place.

Theon is a very close second. He is by far (in my opinion) the best written character. He does what he feels he has to and lives the consequences of his actions. I hated him for invading Winterfell and betraying Robb but he paid for it and is in his way to redeeming himself. I have completelly fogiven him and will be very sad if he dies without at least one more moment of happiness.

He didn't actually owe the Starks loyalty: He grew up as their hostage. He would have liked to be able to remain loyal to his friend Robb, but he's a Greyjoy, he's not going to side against his House and against the Ironborn. The war on the North was Balon's call, not Theon's. Had it been Theon's call, the Ironborn would have marched on the Westerlands.

Once Balon had rallied his banners, Theon's only option was to join his father's war, and once he'd taken arms against the North winning the war had to be his first priority. His taking Winterfell was sheer tactical brilliance. What wasn't brilliant at all was what he did after. He soulda spared Winterfell's retainers due to (they treated him well, time to return the favor), taken both Stark lordlings back to Pyke to grow as wards (the Starks treated him well, he shoulda made sure they were treated well after the tables were turned), looted Winterfell's riches, but not put the place to the torch... and beat it the Hell outta there and back to the Iron Islands.

The Ironborn would have been in a position to sue for a favorable peace with the North at that point, perhaps gain the lands in Ironman's Bay, including the Crossing. With the Ironborn having Stark hostages, with Robb cut off from the North and his Lords pressuring him to regain their lands, it would have been politically impossible for Robb to refuse terms. Theon earned the upper hand and wasted it because he tried to stick to his dumbass's father grand strategy of seizing the whole North, which was moronic.

He didn't owe the Starks loyalty, in fact he wasn't supposed to be loyal to them in the first place but Robb trusted him and loved him like a brother. Was he right or was he wrong, he did betray Robb. His stupidest move was probably faking Bran and Rickon's deaths.

He didn't owe the Starks loyalty, in fact he wasn't supposed to be loyal to them in the first place but Robb trusted him and loved him like a brother.

Theon also loved Robb. It wasn't his fault Balon chose to invade the North. Alas, it's hard to maintain friendships across noble Houses when the Lords go to war. Theon tried his damnedest best to persuade Balon not to attack the North: Balon just didn't respect him and so didn't listen to him, and Asha cynically backed Balon's dumbass plan (knowing full well it was stupid) to avoid strengthening Theon's claim. Theon's only real crime was the murder of the miller's boys and the subsequent coverup.

Was he right or was he wrong, he did betray Robb. His stupidest move was probably faking Bran and Rickon's deaths.

Aye, that was a retarded move.

Archived