[Book spoilers] Dracarys!

Excellent scene....opinion shared by most, except those who have never experienced the stupidity of greedy men.....the look on his face when he realizes he is well and truly f****d.....priceless.

Indeed the best scene yet through 2 1/2 seasons. E. Clarke nailed her portion, yet the reaction shots of all the characters, but especially of Missandei were what really made the scene. Almost seemed as though she was getting to take a step back from her former master when Daenerys finishes with her "Valyerian is my mother tounge" line just because she knew he was about to get FUBAR'd and she wanted out of the line of fire.

DEAR GOD!!

Ok, so I haven't read the books (yet - started reading AGoT a few days ago) and I haven't watched any episode of season 3 yet (I'll save it all for after I get rid of my finals). Also, I usually don't like being spoiled, but having developed an addiction to ASOIAF and accidentally reading about some of the events that take place in the books (classic case of curiosity killing the cat - or in my case, the excitement of not knowing what will happen, who will survive), with all the praise surrounding this "Dracarys" scene, I said to myself WTH and went on youtube to see it. Since I didn't want to completely ruin the whole thing, I watched only the 1st half of it (until Kraznys is in flames).

What I can say is that I can't remember the last time I was so blown away. WOW! Just brilliant! It's sort of lame, but every time I watch this scene I get tears in my eyes and goosebumps like I've never experienced before. Probably because everything is pretty much perfect and works together so well, who knows? :laugh:

Emilia/Dany is exceptional in this one. Maybe it's the High Valyrian (which sounds amazing) or maybe she really enjoyed playing the scene, don't know, but she truly shines. This marks the first time I didn't find the "I am Daenerys Stormborn..." speech annoying. "Nyke Daenerys Jelmazmo hen Targario Lentrot..." sounds light-years more badass. And it made her 3862 times hotter. Emilia should forget English and consider switching to HV for good, she sounds so natural, like she's been speaking HV all her life (even when she screams!!). Dothraki didn't work THAT good for her. She was decent though. And when the "Slay the masters..." bit begins... :bowdown: You don't wanna mess with THAT Dany.

Now I have to mention the other actors as well (Dan, Nathalie, Iain) - all incredible, their expressions of shock, surprise, desperation, admiration etc are perfect.

I really hope the rest of the scene is as good (just the thought that it could be even more epic makes my hair stand up) OMG :drool:

I haven't watched the whole episode, true, but this scene alone is worthy of praise and awards. So far the peak of GOT and one of my favorite moments. The very definition of "epic" if you ask me.

It's at http://www.dothraki.com/2013/04/sesir-urnebion-z%C8%B3hon-keliton-issa/.

Now what I'd like to know is: is there a sketch of High Valyrian grammar anywhere online? I'm guessing not yet, but I have to ask, because the hints in this blog entry are so tantalizing. Four genders? Some of the endings are clear enough (-n for 1st person singular, -atas and itis, with long vowels, for 2nd person plural imperative), but we want more! In particular, I'll be horribly disappointed if High Valyrian doesn't at the very least have a subjunctive. I've never recovered from the trauma of finding out that neither of Tolkien's elvish languages had one.

It's at http://www.dothraki....-keliton-issa/.

Now what I'd like to know is: is there a sketch of High Valyrian grammar anywhere online? I'm guessing not yet, but I have to ask, because the hints in this blog entry are so tantalizing. Four genders? Some of the endings are clear enough (-n for 1st person singular, -atas and itis, with long vowels, for 2nd person plural imperative), but we want more! In particular, I'll be horribly disappointed if High Valyrian doesn't at the very least have a subjunctive. I've never recovered from the trauma of finding out that neither of Tolkien's elvish languages had one.

Ty so much!!

You're welcome!

And: I got my wish. Valyrian does have a subjunctive, and it's automatically used in negative statements, so that "a dragon is not a slave" literally means something like "it is not the case that a dragon is a slave," if I understand correctly.

It also has a very cool way of saying "and," by lengthening the final vowel, so that "blood" is ânogar, but "fire and blood" is perzys ânogâr.

• 2 months later...

The scene is awesome, it is known.

BUT, I think they ruined the awesomeness of the scene by introducing dracarys too early (in that magician tower). When I read the book and this chapter, she had not yet instructed by saying dracarys. So when she went bat shit crazy and yelled dracarys and shit got real, I got the biggest hard on. I was literally laughing excitedly to myself. It was beyond awesome. Though in the book you know that she understands HV, but that didn't really ruin anything. But it probably made it more awesome for people only watching the show finding out she knows HV. But if they had saved dracarys for now, it would have been epicerer ( :D ).

• 5 weeks later...

Archived