Tattooing: The Sequel-Not Loved Enough as Children...

MercenaryChef

Most of the ones I see out and about (especially at the pool or at the beach) look really bad to me....

Do you folks that are into body art find that's true too? I just wonder if folks that actually like tattoos are more lenient with their judgement of other's tattoos.

I like body art and tattoos, but I am very particular about what I consider a good tattoo and even more particular on what I find attractive in the sense of would I want it on me. I can often appreciate the talent or skill of a tattoo without particularly liking it. I'm hesitant to get into specially what I like and what I don't because I don't want to offend anyone here. But to answer your question, no... I don't think I'm more lenient with my judgement of tattoos... I just am not offended by tattoos that I don't particularly like.

Oj, there are bad tattoos.... as there are bad movies, books, bands etc.

Bad is relative though. If the person who has it likes it no other opinion matters.

Totally agree with this.

Jade, your design looks amazing! I can't wait to see it done :D I had another done a couple of weeks ago, a teapot with two cats. It reminds me of my nan, and so means quite a lot to me. I have a picture on Facebook but it isn't great, so I'll try to get another and link it here.

Oj, there are bad tattoos.... as there are bad movies, books, bands etc.

Bad is relative though. If the person who has it likes it no other opinion matters.

Some bad is relative. Other bad is absolute. There's a phrase for that kind of bad: "Juggalo bad".

I only have two at the moment. I have a black rose tattooed on my left bicep, it's only about an inch big and because I had it done about 20 years ago it looks like utter shite, so I'm going to speak to an incredible artist about getting it covered with the Targaryen sigil.

The other is the Uffington White Horse, which is a nod to my love of my little corner of the world (I only live about half an hours drive from it) and my love for Pratchett as well. That's just above my left breast and hurt like a bastard but it was a 40th birthday present to myself and only cost me £20.

One that I would love in the future but could never afford is a half sleeve of the Chestburster scene from Alien. Suitable for scaring small children!

Does a dream of a tattoo count? Last night I dreamed that I had a carabiner on my left arm. I was totally blown away that I had completely forgotten it was there. Later in the dream it was revealed that farther back on my arm were some panels of instructions from the tiny little booklet that comes with each carabiner. That was not so cool. In the dream I thought 'well, that's going too far. Why did I do that?'

New shit (added the wings to the skull): http://ic.pics.livej...114535_1000.jpg desaturated on account of I just got it and it's all red and nasty.

BTW -- I saw this in person the other weekend and it looks so fuckin' sick in person. Really nice job on it.

I'm thinking my next one will be almost all grey-scale except for some red. Chickadees will be featured.

• 2 weeks later...
I had another done a couple of weeks ago, a teapot with two cats. It reminds me of my nan, and so means quite a lot to me. I have a picture on Facebook but it isn't great, so I'll try to get another and link it here.

where is that link, Drac? :)

I had a second sitting for mine yesterday. I am *so* happy with it. I have 4 more sittings spread out over the next 4 months, so it will be some time before its complete but here is a not so good photo of it in progress... its taking some shape but there is a long way to go. This is the top half (shoulder to waist)... it continues on down quite a ways.

I had a second sitting for mine yesterday. I am *so* happy with it. I have 4 more sittings spread out over the next 4 months, so it will be some time before its complete but here is a not so good photo of it in progress... its taking some shape but there is a long way to go. This is the top half (shoulder to waist)... it continues on down quite a ways.

Dammit I forgot! My photobucket doesn't work very well on my phone and I keep forgetting whenever I get on my laptop. I'm getting another one done tomorrow, the dark mark from Harry Potter (I think it's an awesome design) so I'll try to get both up tomorrow.

Yours is looking amazing! :D How long did you sit for?

thanks X & Drac!

Drac, you're on a roll lately! yes, please do get some pics up for us. I've had ink on the brain lately and have been spending a lot of time looking at other people's work.

I sat for just over 5 hours yesterday. I could have gone on longer I think but this was a natural stopping point, he didn't want to start the flowers yet or the lower vines and have to stop in the middle of them. so, we have plenty of work to do for next time. At least this week isn't a thousand degrees like it was 2 weeks ago when he did the sketchy outline~ I don't feel as bad today as I did the day after that one!

I got my cartilage pierced on my right ear and it's AWESOME. I love it. :)

Yay!!! :)

I had to take my cartilage piercings out. The ears because they just never healed properly, and my nose because of headmeat surgery. (That piercing closed up in less than 2 weeks, which surprised me.) I should get my nose pierced again...

I keep wanting to get more tattoos, but the one I want is going to run me like 1200 bucks and there's always a new rifle or motorcycle or something that I end up wanting even more, so I've been stuck with the one for like 3 years. Every time I put my piercings back in I end up getting re-obsessed with martial arts and have to take them back out.

I keep wanting to get more tattoos, but the one I want is going to run me like 1200 bucks and there's always a new rifle or motorcycle or something that I end up wanting even more, so I've been stuck with the one for like 3 years. Every time I put my piercings back in I end up getting re-obsessed with martial arts and have to take them back out.

Tormund - go to central america and get your ink done cheap!

Very, very nice.

I can't wait til next fall when I get my next one. (a 50th birthday present to myself)

I want a giant dragon across my chest so badly. That would be the coolest.

Archived