[TV/Book Spoilers] TWoP Unsullied Thread Part 4

The Anti-Targ

In between wonkiness, I picked up this:

New observation, in Bran's dream, when Cat first appeared she looked normal, after she grabbed him and started screaming "promise me" her face went completely pale and grey, like a dead person.

I predict that the Unsullied will predict Cat's death (we're getting so meta around here). No way they're making the Lady Stoneheart connection, no one saw that coming, but still. Nice foreshadowing, D&D.

I call bullshit on that.

That's a bookwalker nudging people in the right direction which pisses me off.

Whatever you're calling please keep it to yourself. We don't allow gossiping about who may and may not be a bookwalker.

Whatever you're calling please keep it to yourself. We don't allow gossiping about who may and may not be a bookwalker.

Yeah, let's not go down that road. It only leads to dark and scary places, where no more threads can be found.

I call bullshit on that.

That's a bookwalker nudging people in the right direction which pisses me off.

Having just this minute watched and paused, watched and paused the observation seems to be accurate. Though I am watching in low res online (legally) and the colour change is subtle under those conditions. But yes, I think for the astute Unsullied viewer that could very well be picked up as a foreshadowing.

So quite apart from it being against board policy to accuse anyone of being a bookwalker, in this particular instance I think the accusation is off base, which makes it doubly bad, and one of the reasons why we should strictly keep to that ground rule.

Having just this minute watched and paused, watched and paused the observation seems to be accurate. Though I am watching in low res online (legally) and the colour change is subtle under those conditions. But yes, I think for the astute Unsullied viewer that could very well be picked up as a foreshadowing.

So quite apart from it being against board policy to accuse anyone of being a bookwalker, in this particular instance I think the accusation is off base, which makes it doubly bad, and one of the reasons why we should strictly keep to that ground rule.

Aye, the Unsullied viewer is right. I hadn't payed much attention to Bran's dream when I watched it for the first time, but after rewatching it and pausing it constantly, holy crap, that was a very creepy scene. It's actually pretty easy to notice, I don't know how I missed it.

And the speculation about Pod goes on...I've seen mentions of "whore warg" and black magic - Shows that they really spent way too much time on a simple joke.

(Plus my own "theory", which seemed obvious to me, that Tyrion paid the whores beforehand and acted to make Pod feel better is not true)

Also, did you see any remarks on Beric's wounds? You can see his cut throat in one shot, if I remember correctly. I didn't catch any of the Unsullied talking about (But I have full confidence they will notice it)

Also they have Cat on the dead pool since last season, so for them is a sort of "confirmation"

Man, it is sooooo tempting to go look at some maps. I am resisting, I will be strong. I looked at some basic map of Westeros at the beginning of the series (on HBO.com) so that I would have a rudimentary understanding of the geography, as if I was an average Westerosi 5th grader. Now I want to go back and look at Essos more. <sigh> Trying to keep the Spitball Wall vows... "Book Walkers gather, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until the conclusion of this epic show..."

:bowdown: :cheers:

Aye, the Unsullied viewer is right. I hadn't payed much attention to Bran's dream when I watched it for the first time, but after rewatching it and pausing it constantly, holy crap, that was a very creepy scene. It's actually pretty easy to notice, I don't know how I missed it.

Me, too! Never saw it the first time around, or the second--until I read the Unsullied's comment, and now its obvious to me. This has to be Bran's untrained and unharnessed 'seer' ability kicking in, foreseeing his mother's death but not understanding what exactly he's 'seeing.' Just like he (and Rickon) knew their father was dead even before the raven-gram reached Winterfell with the news.

Like us, others are now taking another look at the Cat-in-a-tree scene. (Bolding is mine)

New observation, in Bran's dream, when Cat first appeared she looked normal, after she grabbed him and started screaming "promise me" her face went completely pale and grey, like a dead person.

That looks a bit far-fetched. It is not like the Ned dream where death was clear. She could have been pale because of anger or sadness. No, I don't believe it.

On the other hand, it has been revealed that Bran can see in the future. And they have been doing a lot of emotional building around Cat: Riverrun, Jon, Bran and Rickon. OMG, Your spitball could be true.. Making Starks orphans after beheading Ned and burning down Winterfell? Poor Sansa, she doesnt even have a wolf and is marrying a freaking gay knight.

I hate you.

I would be okay with Cat dying. I mean, I don't dislike her or anything. It's just that they are not likely have more than one major death for the season*. So, if it's Cat, then it's not Tyrion or Brienne. At least, I would hope that would be the case...

* Of course, this is GOT, so who knows if that's even true.

HAHAHAHA!

Oh little do you know.....

Your * will be more true than you know.

HAHAHAHA!

Oh little do you know.....

Your * will be more true than you know.

Indeed! It'll be so interesting to watch that thread right after RW. What will the initial, shocked reaction be, I wonder. Later, of course, there will be floods of posts, but that first initial, stunned reaction from them? Like many others, my reaction when I read it was 'WHAT?????' Then a long shouting string of curses and then throwing the book across the room--DONE with it, F*CK THIS!! Then, of course, later picking up the book and diving right back into the story. I'm guessing we're going to see/hear some of that from them, too.

Indeed! It'll be so interesting to watch that thread right after RW. What will the initial, shocked reaction be, I wonder. Later, of course, there will be floods of posts, but that first initial, stunned reaction from them? Like many others, my reaction when I read it was 'WHAT?????' Then a long shouting string of curses and then throwing the book across the room--DONE with it, F*CK THIS!! Then, of course, later picking up the book and diving right back into the story. I'm guessing we're going to see/hear some of that from them, too.

It's possible, but for whatever reason people seem to be expecting Robb's death, like I never did.

Cat, the hub of poor decision making skills, will absolutely die. Then again, I've been waiting for Robb to bite it since day 1, so who knows?

I don't think many will be too surprised that Robb bites it, but I think the surprise will come from the manner of his death. Hopefully show will begin to play up the guest right thing, so viewers won't be expecting treachery. I do think there will be a fair amount of shock at Catelyn's death, though, because the Unsullied seem split on her death likelihood.

I wonder whether they will be expecting something leading up to the infamous episode #9 or whether they will be discussing the Tyrion&Sansa Marriage, the Bear or Jon and Ygritte. On the other hand, I believe there's two weeks between episode 8 and 9 so I doubt that it will be a surprise for our unsullied... Because what else could happen in that episode? They had a climax in King's Landing (but maybe they expect a clash between Tyrion ans Joffrey/Cersei/Tywin) and with many other stories. They may expect something with Dany (but then we had this episode) or the Wildlings at the Wall. But that something has to change with the Cat/Robb story seems clear for them already now, so that's where they will expect the change, no?

The how though... After the way the show brought up Dany's Dracarys moment, I do believe they will be able to execute the "expected" RW perfectly as well ;)

It's possible, but for whatever reason people seem to be expecting Robb's death, like I never did.

I don't think many will be too surprised that Robb bites it, but I think the surprise will come from the manner of his death. Hopefully show will begin to play up the guest right thing, so viewers won't be expecting treachery. I do think there will be a fair amount of shock at Catelyn's death, though, because the Unsullied seem split on her death likelihood.

Totally agree. Its not the deaths, its the manner of them, the viciousness, the sheer scope of Bolton's treachery. Plus, I'm sure the show will be playing up, for all its worth, Arya's approach to the Twins, her joy and excitement that she's about to be reunited with her mother and brother. eekk...

Circumstances are not important but the result is that Cat believes all her kids are dead and she goes into mourning in her Riverrun room. Maybe stays there for days and nights without eating and, when she comes out, her face is like the one in Bran's dream, sad eyes that can't cry, severe and revengeful face, pale skin,...

Now, she only wants justice...

Doing good so far...

...so she goes to King's Landing and, in front of the 7 septons, she curses Cersei and her children and kills herself, which Cersei mocks at first. But, progressively, she goes from far to worse because Maergary is axing her and taking control of Joffrey. Maybe Tommen dies. So Cersei descends into madness and starts to believe in Cat's curse.

So close and yet so far away :P

In between wonkiness, I picked up this:

I predict that the Unsullied will predict Cat's death (we're getting so meta around here). No way they're making the Lady Stoneheart connection, no one saw that coming, but still. Nice foreshadowing, D&D.

I didn't even catch that. Now I want to go back and rewatch. The details they pick up on really impresses me.

Archived