[Book Spoilers] Last Scene of the Episode

crazibouncer

It has been said that Bran tells a "ghost story" in the last episode.

I think his story will be based of a vision he has through the eyes of none other than Nymeria.

Nymeria will find Cat's corpse by the river, in the mud, and the story will evolve from there, until Thoros resurrects her.

Seriously hoping UnCat ends the season.

It will end with Stannis saving the wall. I honestly could see them not having an uncat. Most likely they will, but I could see someone else hanging Freys in her name.

I kind of hoped this would be the case for Stannis, as the alternative is Stannis just pining for Mel ALL season and nothing else, but with the pace of both his story and Jon's, I think it would be a big push to get him there by ep 10.

They've got the whole Gendry/Edric thing to tie up with him both getting to Dragonstone and then presumably being smuggled away by Davos. Jon has to travel a bit, betray the wildings/Ygritte and run back to the wall, then if they're true to the story get locked up and then sent back over the wall to talk with Mance before Stannis gets there. I'm not saying they have to do it exactly like the book, but even cutting loads for the show it would seem rushed.

I agree it would be a perfect end for his story to have a small victory at this point, but as I said I'd be pleasantly surprised if it happened. Hopefully Davos reading the call to arms from the NW will be in, loved that in the book.

I'm all for the last scene being UnCat.

I assumed the Lady Stoneheart scene hanging the Freys would end S4. I could see them showing Thoros & Beric make the decision to go to the Twins to try and bring her back in Ep 10. Then early S4 shows them getting there and Beric giving his life for hers, an Ep could end like someone suggested with Cats eyes opening. Then build up suspense for the rest of the season as to whether it was really a success until the final scene of S4 when she is revealed before they hang the Freys.

As for this season, I was thinking that since S2 pretty much ended on a Stannis defeat, S3 would end with the Stannis victory at Castle Black but I don't know if they're doing that this season. It will probably end with a Dany scene.

I suppose, now that I've thought about it, that the best way they could do it would be this: the season ends with the revival of UnCat. Then next season stretches a bit into AFFC and ADWD and ends with Bran getting saved by the Children of the Forest. Either show Bloodraven, or just end with that one Child saving them from the Others and Wights. Could be a great climax, for both seasons.

Show titles have multiple meaings. Mhysa, IMO, refers to Dany and Cately. It could also be Joff dying in Cersei's arms.

I've wanted the PW to be this season and never saw the lack of Martells as an issue. But I do think the Tyrion/Cersei/Tywin dynamic isn't fleshed out enough yet. If we're going to get the PW, then we need a lot more Lannister interaction at KL beforehand.

But I have to say, the Tyrell proposal was episode 10 in season 2 and the royal wedding has been the driving plot event at KL... it does seem rather odd not to have it in Season 3.

What would be my ideal ending is Dany liberating Yunkai, and riding through the mass of freedmen, calling her Mysha, and essentially falling to their feet in gratitude. That's a nice, uplifting moment to end the season on.

THEN, we see, perhaps through the eyes of Nymeria, the body of a lady floating and reaching a riverbank, where it's recovered by two figures. The two men's faces remain offscreen, and unclear. Thoros then performs the sacrifice, and we see Cat's eyes suddenly jerk open. Cut to black. Don't show her rotting flesh, don't show the scars on her face, just show a close-up of her eyes opening. That should be enough to keep viewers talking until next season rolls about. Besides, it would be far more effective to show her resurrection on screen, rather than through exposition. It would also fit in with the episode's title, as a mother is revived, now seeking only vengeance.

:agree: That's perfect!

Anything but unCat. It would ruin the surprise of her judging Merret Frey at the end of season 4 (which, in my opinion, would be a much creepier, more satisfying scene than what people are suggesting). Holding off on her reveal for a whole season will make it so much better than bringing her back only one episode after she dies.

Would it be possible to end with the resolution to the skirmish at Castle Black and Ygritte dying? (My theory is that we'll get Jon's escape in episode 9)

Anything but unCat. It would ruin the surprise of her judging Merret Frey at the end of season 4 (which, in my opinion, would be a much creepier, more satisfying scene than what people are suggesting). Holding off on her reveal for a whole season will make it so much better than bringing her back only one episode after she dies.

Would it be possible to end with the resolution to the skirmish at Castle Black and Ygritte dying? (My theory is that we'll get Jon's escape in episode 9)

I think it will just be confusing, honestly. The show doesn't do flashbacks. I suppose there could be some expository dialogue, but who would deliver it? And really, the first rule of film-making is show, don't tell. Not to mention that it provides closure for the character of Beric Dondarrion, and happens chronologically shortly after the Red Wedding. I'd expect season four to end the same way ASoS does - with Lady Stoneheart killing a Frey. It'll have been an entire season between the events, so the shock will still be there, but likely much less confusion (though I'm sure some viewers won't remember). I like the above theory, except I'd rather the scene of Catelyn being pulled from the river opens the episode and then transitions to a scene between Arya and the Hound, showing that Arya also has warging abilities. The end with the cries of "Mysha!" transitioning into the resurrection itself is perfect, and quite likely, I think.

It will end with Stannis saving the wall. I honestly could see them not having an uncat. Most likely they will, but I could see someone else hanging Freys in her name.

No way. I'd say pretty much all of Season 4 is going to be focusing on the Wildings vs the Night's Watch, to where it will be at least halfway through Season 4 before we get to that.

And as for my choice: Littlefinger taking Sansa. Ending with the following:

"My lord, I . . . I do not understand . . . Joffrey gave you Harrenhal, made you Lord Paramount of the Trident . . . why . . . "

"Why should I wish him dead?" Littlefinger shrugged. "I had no motive. Besides, I am a thousand leagues away in the Vale. Always keep your foes confused. If they are never certain who you are or what you want, they cannot know what you are like to do next. Sometimes the best way to baffle them is to make moves that have no purpose, or even seem to work against you. Remember that, Sansa, when you come to play the game."

"What . . . what game?"

"The only game. The game of thrones."

I think there would be a good argument for Stoneheart appearing at end of S04E01, as a massive twist when everyone thinks she's long gone... and creating a massive shock opener for the next season

It would be better to end that season with her.

And the irony that Arya askes him to revive her father, and he declines.

The show is very Arya centric (for good reason).

This. It makes perfect sense for that reason alone. Damn, that would be awesome.

This is a bit irrelevant, but is there a possibility that Arya kills Polliver and leaves for Braavos at the end of this season? There's not much from ASOS they can use for her material in s4, and the end of her ASOS arc is pretty much a perfect ending for a season of TV.

I agree that that would be awesome and is very likely; my main objection to that is that I can't think how they would end next season. Also, yeah, my theory would create a pro-stark feel and maybe alleviate some of the Red Wedding pain.

The end the next season with Tyrion shooting his father and killing Shae.

My ideal ending would either be:

A single tracking shot as Jon walks along the edge of the Wall before looking down and seeing the vast army of Mance Rayder, then cutting to black as the war cries of the wildlings sound.

or Dany riding her horse through the crowd of slaves chanting 'Mysha' as Dany smiles and cut to black with the chants sounding before the music.

I'm not that big a fan of the UnCat kiss of life revival being the last scene. I want something a bit more 'grand' I suppose.

Archived