(THEORY) Garth Tyrell is the "Perfumed Seneschal" that Quaithe warned Dany of.

Both Reznak and Varys are obvious choices, but my pick is the Lord Seneschal of Highgarden, Garth Tyrell. Granted, there have to be several factors working in it's favor, but bear with me:

Margaery will die as a result of the crimes set against her by the Sept. This will cause a massive rift between the Lannisters and Tyrells, yet instead of outright attacking, they'll leave to bury Margaery in The Reach, yet never return. It will be at this point that Garth shall begin to go mad; first Cersei blocked him from joining the small council, now Margaery was executed because of Cersei.

The Tyrells will not announce support for (F)Aegon as he starts making his push inland. In fact, they won't really be heard from, at all. When Dany finally hits Westeros, they'll make their move, siding with the would-be Targaryen queen, as she's the only army operating at full strength, thus the easiest pick to side with.

The now mad Seneschal will be on hand for Dany's coronation. The Tyrells will be there in force, in fact, and will be a part of the procession of noble houses bowing to the new Dragon Queen. As they are introduced and take a knee in respect, Dany will be remembering all she's been through, all she's learned, all she's been told.

As she is remembering Quaithe's warnings, the Tyrells will be next in line to kneel. As the introductions are made, the eventually reach Garth, who looks rather uncomfortable, and somewhat bloated. As he is introduced, Dany realizes that the Tyrell banner is a rose, a common source of perfume. She's just been introduced the their Seneschal. And it is then she realizes she has stumbled into a trap.

Garth, driven mad by the betrayal and murder of his beloved Grand-Niece, has decided that if Margaery cannot be queen, no one shall. He then removes the cork he inserted into his anus, allowing the maddening stench of weeks old, methane rich flatulence waft into the air.

Lady Olenna immediately realizes her brother had only been eating cruciferous vegetables and beans for the past month not for his stomach pains, but for something far sinister. Garlan, his Grand-Nephew, will immediately regret mocking him for his flatulence.

With a grunt and a wince, the Mad Seneschal will release the pent up gasses of his bowels so fiercly, it's reverberations are felt by Dunk and Egg in the past. Garth laughs maniacly, as his gaseous discharge is ignited by the breath of Drogon, and all of King's Landing is destroyed in the massive, shit-smelling explosion.

Granted, I haven't truly fleshed this out, but you've got to admit, it's got legs.

Hahahahahahahaha...

Fucking hilarious. I got pretty deep into it, thinking, "What is this noise?" Then the cork was popped. Kudos. Laughed out loud.

As it started falling down the page, 0 comments, 0 views, I decided I was a failure and went to walk in front of a truck... Glad I took another check, lol.

• 1 month later...

:lol:

There really should be a warning tag: Beware of potential liquid-through-nasal-passage spray when reading this, but since that was simply the funniest theory/posting I've read so far, I'll forgive you.

Two thumbs up.

:lol:

There really should be a warning tag: Beware of potential liquid-through-nasal-passage spray when reading this, but since that was simply the funniest theory/posting I've read so far, I'll forgive you.

Two thumbs up.

Haha, this is revived. Honestly, this is the one theory which I've made that I'm the most proud of. I actually looked up all of the references of Garth Tyrell for this one.

Still feel it has legs.

• 1 month later...

Archived