[Book Spoilers] Jaime/Brienne

Katydid

This entire episode was one for the shippers!

NCW and GC continue to amaze me, as do the showrunners with how RIGHT they're getting the relationship between Jaime and Brienne. :bowdown:

I was wondering whether they would choose the bathhouse setting for Jaime's confession, and I'm so happy they did. GRRM wrote that episode as a cleansing for Jaime, in more ways than one, and the show absolutely nailed it.

They added a line of dialogue to his story that I actually loved: when he asked Brienne, if it had been her "precious Renly" who had asked her to burn women and children alive, would she have kept her oath. That line really put it in perspective for her character, and the way GC played that moment was beautiful.

yes, great scene. i like how their relationship is being portrayed in general. also, did anyone notice next week's trailer? jamie and brienne are at a table and roose says something that is upsetting i guess. brienne starts to reach for her knife and jaime stills her hand.

wondering what that's about?

Yes absolutely nailed....that was the scene in the book that established a new bond between them ....especially after he faints and wants to be called Jaime after she calls him kingslayer.....very well done and very true to the original story

I know Dinkledge is the only actor who's getting any recognition for this series (not fair at all), but NCW is running circles around everyone this year (except maybe Dance).

Considering how absent NCW was last season, I'm THRILLED that they've given him such juicy material this year. And he's nailing every second of it.

If i remember the scene correctly from the books....Jaime was getting kind of light headed from the heat of the baths and the pain medication the more he spoke the more he was begining to kind of fade....the culmination coming when he mentioned Stark....and wanted to be called Jaime

If i remember the scene correctly from the books....Jaime was getting kind of light headed from the heat of the baths and the pain medication the more he spoke the more he was begining to kind of fade....the culmination coming when he mentioned Stark....and wanted to be called Jaime

You remember correctly. He muses on the loss of his hand and wonders "who am I now?" When Brienne starts yelling for the guards ("the Kingslayer!") he thinks to himself "my name is Jaime." Having him say it aloud added so much to that moment in the scene.

yes, great scene. i like how their relationship is being portrayed in general. also, did anyone notice next week's trailer? jamie and brienne are at a table and roose says something that is upsetting i guess. brienne starts to reach for her knife and jaime stills her hand.

wondering what that's about?

Am guessing that this is where Roose sends Jaime to Kings Landing to his father but demands no exchange for Starks. Will mirror the books I'm sure.

Oh Robb...

I know Dinkledge is the only actor who's getting any recognition for this series (not fair at all), but NCW is running circles around everyone this year (except maybe Dance).

:agree: This.

NCW needs an Emmy.

The entire cast need to be nominated.

Dear old gods, and new, please allow me onto the SAG TV nominating committee for this season. :bowdown:

The scene was superb, they both were so brilliant in it that I'm going to sleep very late this Sunday to rewatch the episode on HBO HD only to see it again. I agree with everyone that posted that Nikolaj Coster-Waldau deserves an emmy!

Archived