[Book Spoilers] Jaime/Brienne

Katydid

NCW + GC have great chemistry, and they really couldn't have done the bath scene any better. He really knocked it out of the park with his monologue about Aerys.

You have to wonder if they'll be inventing much content for Brienne and Jaime, with this scene happening now and the climax of their story probably happening in E7. It feels a little rushed, and I'm hoping they don't sit out too long because any and all scenes featuring them are a treat.

Fast paced episode. Edmund and the Blackfish getting a little screen-time and the Hound's character arc is impressing my non-book mates, but Jaime's scenes stole the show. Brienne's arse! Wasn't imagining that from the book!!

Barristan showing his colours early was a shock, but it seems to be working out well with his rivalry with Jorah. Grey Worm as a puny teenager? Seems like they are casting shorties for the Unsullied and only putting tall people in Tyrion's scenes.

Laugh of the night was when Cersei is told she has to marry Loras Tyrell :laugh:

This is probably the best scene so far in the show, period. NCW just blew it out of the water, absoloutely phenomenal performance. The music, the acting, everything was even more amazing than I imagined when I read it in the books.

The way he delivered the line "by what right does the wolf judge the lion?" Was just.....wow.

I love that the show gives the actors time to play a scene like that. Over 6 minutes long! That's nearly unheard of.

They were both brilliant in it as well. She had to rely on her body and face to express what she felt while he had to layit all out. Just brilliant. I particularly loved how he got weaker and weaker as it went on. TV Jaime is much more ravaged by the "corruption" than in the book, but I like it. Fits better for a man who wasn't at his physical best to begin with.

Bolton's playing of Jaime about his sister was sad. I'm not a fan of that relationship (It's hard to imagine being one) but you can't discount the depth of his feelings for her at this point of the books. They brought that out.

I think this was my favorite scene of the episode in a really great episode. It was pure perfection. NCW is just absolutely killin' it this season and I love the development of his relationship with Brienne. I have always been middle of the road in my feelings toward Jaime in the books and now NCW is making me actually love him and cheer for him.

He delivered the story about the Mad King just absolutely perfectly. It is interesting to watch how he transformed Jaime over the course of these 3 seasons. I keep picturing in my mind the time we saw him step off his horse at Winterfell all golden and beautiful in contrast to that man that was sitting in the tub. Incredible! I agree with whoever said he should be nominated this year. Absolutely!

On a side note: Gwendolyn Christie is so gorgeous that once they put her in the tub they totally couldn't sell that unattractive Brienne story. Also, she is really stepping up this season and you can see her growth as an actress as she hold her own with NCW in every scene.

Right now, this storyline which I only found slightly interesting in the books, is by far my favorite storyline of the season.

I am just SO curious how non-book readers are taking Jaime! My wife mentioned tonight, hey, wasn't he the guy who pushed Bran out the window and was screwing his sister? NOW I see why you like him!

I'm loving these kinds of reactions from non-book readers. And it seems to be pretty universal.

I watch the show with my non-reader sister who has quite the short attention span when it comes to scenes with long quiet conversations (more so when Renly died), it is actually quite frustrating for me (I always think, "dude watch every bit of it, there's so much meat in this scene, what are you doing, looking at something other than the tv right now??"). So it is saying something when she actually paid attention to Jaime's monologue this time! Thank the Gods!

I've always been fond of Jaime. In fact, one of my biggest worries, in regard to the series, was that no actor could do justice to the picture I'd painted of him in my head. This was just one of many key scenes for me, that needed to be done, just so, and I am in no way disappointed.

Both NCW and GC did wonderful work on this. I particularly loved Gwendoline's body language, at the start of the scene. She's shy, awkward and vulnerable, when stripped of her armour. (Right up until she feels she's being slighted.) For not having much in the way of dialogue, her facial expressions are priceless. Nicolaj was great too. I felt a parallel was being drawn between this, and the scene with Qyburn. In telling his side of the story, it felt like Jaime was starting to purge his corrupted sense of self.

A lovely addition to both their arcs, in my opinion.

On a side note: Gwendolyn Christie is so gorgeous that once they put her in the tub they totally couldn't sell that unattractive Brienne story. Also, she is really stepping up this season and you can see her growth as an actress as she hold her own with NCW in every scene.

I've been thinking the same thing. In my opinion, she is the hottest female character on the show. She looked gorgeous in that scene. I love her as Brienne, but it doesn't feel quite right.

Anyway, great episode and fantastic scene. Nicolaj is one of the best casting choices they've made. Can't picture anyone else as Jaime anymore.

This scene (and the Lannisters at the table) were just fantastic.

My congratulations to Ms. Christie's and NCW's personal training regimen.

Loved this scene so much. I was even mad at Ned (which has never happened before) for his judgement of Jamie without knowing the truth. Sign of a marvelously well acted scene in that it made me angry at St. Ned. If anyone had every told me I would love Jamie after reading about/watching him push Bran out a window I would have been incredulous, but really Jamie is one of the best characters.

Really nice job! And I loved how bathing and cleaning himself from dirt was metaphorically linked with his confession. Jamie reborn.

And this scene shows so nicely to the non-book readers how everyone is not utterly bad nor good.

Archived