(Book spoilers) Lena Headey appreciation thread

Mr Hodor

I hope that Cersei does become more obviously unhinged by the time AFfC is adapted, but Headey is fine at adding credibility to roles that otherwise a different actress might have put on the verge of pantomime. Her performance in Dredd is an example. Charlize Theron was excellent in Snow White and the Huntsman: deliciously OTT, but the performance worked for that movie. Since Cersei is already an over the top character, it's probably best to play that down a bit, to save her seeming like a pantomime dame.

In response, of course, to people who claim that she isn't 'Cersei-like' enough.

I laughed when her marrying Loras came up but I felt sorry for her when she said "father, please don't make me do it again" with tears in her eyes. Made me forget what a horrible person she is in favor of the side of her that was abused by Robert (by today's standards at least)

Also, while I do think the Walk she does will best be done with her fully naked, I wouldn't blame Lena for not wanting to do it. The book came out after the show. Unless GRRM was that specific to D&D about future plots and they told her before she signed the contract, she probably didn't know about the Walk she might have to do.

It's about damn time Lena got an appreciation thread. She's fantastic as Cersei, and her increased bitchiness in s3 is closer to the Cersei in the books, so that should keep purists happy. I loved her anguished reaction to Tywin ordering her to marry Loras- it felt like years of pain once again being brought to the forefront.

She's a very good actress for sure. The Lannisters are all remarkably well cast. Tyrion probably the worst tbh.

Good luck finding a dwarf actor who pulls off Tyrion's dialogues and dry wit off so well.

Anyhow, the looks Cersei gives Tyrion are sort of creepy. lol

She's super hot in the show, and that's something because I'm not that attracted to her in real life. Watching interviews with Lena Headey, it seems she's the complete opposite of her Cersei character, so her acting is great. To be blunt, she comes across as a loopy spaced-out drunk with a shoe-sized IQ in interviews. Perhaps that is an act, but man.

She's super hot in the show, and that's something because I'm not that attracted to her in real life. Watching interviews with Lena Headey, it seems she's the complete opposite of her Cersei character, so her acting is great. To be blunt, she comes across as a loopy spaced-out drunk with a shoe-sized IQ in interviews. Perhaps that is an act, but man.

You take that back Jorah!

Jk, well I don't get that impression from her interviews at all. She seems laid back, cool and nice. And she is indeed very different from show Cersei. I think she's slightly conservative (she's a mom now) since apparently her contract with GoT included no nude scenes. Her sex scene with Jaime in the very first episode of season 1 where Bran was pushed was done by a support actress.

You can even see her face when Jaime's holding it that it isn't Lena lol.

You take that back Jorah!

Jk, well I don't get that impression from her interviews at all. She seems laid back, cool and nice. And she is indeed very different from show Cersei. I think she's slightly conservative (she's a mom now) since apparently her contract with GoT included no nude scenes. Her sex scene with Jaime in the very first episode of season 1 where Bran was pushed was done by a support actress.

You can even see her face when Jaime's holding it that it isn't Lena lol.

So mean we won't get to see her and jaime boning infront of Joffrey's dead body while she's on the rag? ah shucks.

Lena Headey's faux-innocent smirks are about the sexiest on television. She's been one of the most consistently excellent cast members right from the start of the programme. Nicole Kidman, who would have otherwise been my dream choice, couldn't have done a better job.

:blink:

Surely your not comparing Lena to that vacuous black hole!

I love Lena in the role I think she does a terrific job as Cersei. In the books she's a bitch, in the TV show she's a bitch with a reason.

I'm not sure why everyone is obsessed with Cersei's walk.

If Lena doesn't want to do it they can still shoot with a double and use Lena for face and upper body shots, I mean they have pasties and go knows what else.

I hope they finally shoot the walk the nudity is the least interesting thing about it.

she's been killing it this year. and is it just me or did she get hotter?

She is! They've done amazing stuff to her wig, and maybe she got a facial or two as well. :P

Seriously now, I think it is meant to portray how much Robert was wearing her down. At least I hope so.

I'm not sure why everyone is obsessed with Cersei's walk. If Lena doesn't want to do it they can still shoot with a double and use Lena for face and upper body shots, I mean they have pasties and go knows what else. I hope they finally shoot the walk the nudity is the least interesting thing about it.

The nudity is the whole point! It is necessary since the character is supposed to be unable to be the same person she was before. It's the "tragic act" for Cersei that so many of the other characters face: Jaime - loses his had, Bran - loses his ability to walk, Sansa - loses her innocence, etc. She needs to lose the thing that defines her.

She totally transformed into child-Cersei when her marrying again came up. Man, it was intense. The way she starts off in shock, then when it sinks in she shaking her head like a defiant 7-year old then begging. She's brilliant.

Especially on the heels of her gloating over the very same thing happening to Tyrion. So Cersiei!

Archived