[Book Spoilers] No Patchface?

Warrior Queen

We heard Shireen sing a song that looks an awfull lot like the songs patchface sings.

Is Shireen going to take over his role with the prophesies? I can't find anything that states patchface was casted so it kinda looks like he is not going to be in the show which really sucks!

This is the song Shireen sung in the credits, and a part of it in the episode itself:

It's always summer under the sea

I know, I know, oh oh oooh

The birds have scales, and the fish take wing (?)

The rain is dry, and the snow falls up

The stones crack open, the water burns

The shadows come to dance, my love

The shadows come to play

The shadows come to stay.

So if Shireen takes over his role, how will they explain her 'gift'? Will they say it came with the greyscale?

Or maybe patchface will be in the show, but will just be played by an extra? And she might just sing the song cause she heard him singing it?

Or maybe patchfase will be in the show, but will just be played by an extra? And she might just sing the song cause she heard him singing it?

I was hoping Stannis would get into her chamber and ask where she heard that song, and she'd say Patchface and he'd hop out all jolly hopping from one foot to another :) but no that didn't happen.

Here is my immediate thoughts:

Birds have scales: Crows get grayscale

Fish have wings: greyjoy(s) ride dragons

The rain is dry: Meteors?

Snow falls up: Either a bastard from the north going up the ranks, possibly to the throne, or a bastard from the north getting gripped up by a dragon and thrown upwards

Stones crack open: Castles getting destroyed

Water Burns: Wildfire? Blackwater?

Shadows: Mellisandres shadow baby, who knows...

In the book Melisande paid zero attention to Shireen while being disturbed by Patchface and tried to get him away or killed. Selese seems takes care of Shireen and considered the girl rightful heir to Stannis

Perhaps merging of Shireen and Patchface in the show, will be the same. Melisande is disturbed by her presence thats why her mother (Selese) who is obsessed with Melisande and her new faith, isolates her and ignores her and not considers her a heir to Stannis and tries to make him ignore his daughter as well. .

Snow falls up: Either a bastard from the north going up the ranks, possibly to the throne, or a bastard from the north getting gripped up by a dragon and thrown upwards

Snow falls up could refer to Ramsays ascent from Bastard (Snow) to true Bolton

Can't really tell if you're trolling or not, but might I suggest Tully's, since Greyjoys are krakens? I do love some bad-ass Blackfish ;)

As for Shireen replacing Patches.. I think It'd depend on 'fools blood, kings blood'. If she should sing this we know she has taken over Patches' predictive powers. As for now, they could still introduce Patchface later on in the series, but I don't think it very likely.

Snow falls up could refer to Ramsays ascent from Bastard (Snow) to true Bolton

Think you're right about the Bastard of Bolton.

And aren't dragon's referred to as scaled birds?

As for the 'fish take wing' I think it refers to Lysa Tully. She is a fish, and she does fly... lol

The only weird thing is:

Who is my love?

Archived