[book spoilers] Nitpick without repurcussions

Winter's Knight

The nitpick thread! yeah finally! but I don't know what to say... at this point there are just too many things.

Well I'll start with some:

1. The Hound not having his badass quote:

"For the night is dark and full of terrors" - Thoros

"This cave is dark too, but I'm the terror here" - The Hound

2. Sandor not crying when he was burned by the fire.

3. Whatever happened to the "when the sun has set, not canddle can replace it" Loras I knew and loved?

4. Jon saying "Seven hells".

5. Olenna.... enough! it's becoming annoying!

6. Shireen is BLONDE!!!!!

7. Tyrion's been extreme whitewashed I DONT LIKE IT!!! (and this is coming from a very big Tyrion fan!)

ETA:

8. Selyse...everything about her, specially the jar-babies and trying to not let Stannis see his own daughter.

Kit Harington's acting was even worse than usual. I'm getting seriously tempted to just skip all Jon scenes. The same goes for Aidan Gillen - he gave possibly his worst performance yet in his scene with Cersei.

The Loras scenes are just downright offensive and embarassing. It looked like the writers all got together and thought "WHAT DOES A GAY HOOK-UP LOOK LIKE???" and came up with one of the worst scenes in the show so far.

And why was it even necessary? Couldn't Loras have refused the prostitute because of his devotion to Renly, but used the excuse about his betrothal to Sansa? It would have advanced the plot without erasing a major part of Loras' character and reducing him to his sexuality.

1 Loras being playful flirty and happy seeming months after Renly's death. Would it have been too much to show some grief even if they chose to go with the loras screwing (or ahem being screwed by perhaps...) a random squire.

2 Selyse's dead baby jars!

3 Tyrion letting QoT walk all over him

4 Omission of the hound's epic line. Its things like this which would have fitted fine in the scene that I can't understand why they are left out!

5 I agree that the Karstarks were way too much of Robb's army.

6 Lady Olenna's statement about how many swords the Tyrells have given them. Number was way way too small

Beric imho didn't really show how much he's lost, this undermines the cost of resurrection - but I didn't particularly like it in the books either.

Karstark being half of Robb's forces was... "What?"

Indeed, I think Olenna is being a bit overused and I get the feel the writers want us to rotflmao at every word she says.

The hound's fear of fire was done very nicely at the beginning, but they kinda dropped the ball at the end.

jar-babies...it almost felt steampunk-y and the babies were FAR too big.

Loras not having the candle line and just shacking with some random guy

This is as much of a book nitpick as it is an episode nitpick, but that cunnilingus seems to have been nonexistent in wildling culture makes me very sad.

There's probably a reason for that. Having spent a year in the Finnish Defence Forces, I am very aware that even a week spent in a frozen forest is going to leave you covered with filth. Wildlings don't even get sauna/hot showers in between.

When Jon decided to plunge straight at the unwashed and unshaven crotch of a barbarian woman the moment he saw her get naked, I decided he's the bravest character of them all. Or the foulest.

My nitpicks where pretty much the same as everyone else. Thankfully I was forewarned on the baby jars so my disgust and annoyance was dampened. Loras and the squire did really annoy me, Loras would never cheat on Renly's memory like that. Mostly a great episode though.

In the converstion with Margaery Sansa reacted as if being proud of Joffrey's *interest* in her. The same happened previous episodes, when Shae talked to her about Littlefinger. Yuck. Her own interest in Loras is also played as very shallow. While in the books the dream of life in Highgarden was somehow more true. I don't understand the acting here.

There's probably a reason for that. Having spent a year in the Finnish Defence Forces, I am very aware that even a week spent in a frozen forest is going to leave you covered with filth. Wildlings don't even get sauna/hot showers in between.

When Jon decided to plunge straight at the unwashed and unshaven crotch of a barbarian woman the moment he saw her get naked, I decided he's the bravest character of them all. Or the foulest.

LOL okay I'll give you that. I bet you had no idea that your time with the Finnish Defence Forces would make you an authority on the prevalence of certain sex acts. :D

Baby jars.

Stupid Robb thinking the Frey's are going to save him somehow. And he just NOW thought to invade Casterly Rock?

You win the day, sir.

Archived