[book spoilers] Nitpick without repurcussions

Winter's Knight

Talisa acting like she has no idea where Robb's home is (doesn't even refer to it as Winterfell, does she?)

And yet she is supposed to be smart and worldly, and she is following him around on campaign, looking at maps all the time, and still seemingly implies an almost total lack of geographic awareness. Like, as in not knowing how he would get home.

This is probably one of my favorite episodes in the whole run of the show, but there's a few little things I guess I wasn't crazy about. I'm not the type to dwell endlessly on the bad, though.

Littlefinger, ugghh aiden gillen what are you doing you are way better than this

Loras having a fling is all well and good, but I wasn't too fond of the whole "hi random squire in a city full of spies, here's what my family is up to" story and the cheerful, carefree way he carried himself.

Shireen being blonde :lol:

Try as I might I just can't bring myself to care much about the Jon with the wildlings story, and I think it's a mixture of writing and acting. I must be the only person in the world not loving Rose Leslie as Ygritte, haha. Kit was a little cringe-worthy this ep too.

Th body double they hired for Brienne was far too hot. Seriously, if Brienne had a waistline and hips like that, her story would be quite different. If they couldn't find a muscular, masculine woman who is willing to get naked for money, they could have just hired a clean shaved guy to do it.

Th body double they hired for Brienne was far too hot. Seriously, if Brienne had a waistline and hips like that, her story would be quite different. If they couldn't find a muscular, masculine woman who is willing to get naked for money, they could have just hired a clean shaved guy to do it.

How do you know it's a body double?

I think it's really Gwendoline Christie, she is quite an attractive woman you know.

Not much nitpicking this week. Stellar episode.

TIE-RELL. Make up your mind already Tywin!

Shireen being blond-ish didn't bother me that much. No mustache on the other hand is high treason!

The only serious nitpick is Littlefinger. The combination of how horribly he is being written and how terribly he is being acted is making me angry.

TIE-RELL. Make up your mind already Tywin!

Last week people were insisting when he said "tuh-rell" he was correcting Cersei's "tie-rell." apparently not.

Although Jaime's bathtub scene was brilliant, at the end when he fell and Brienne caught him and yelled "Kingslayer" melodramatically...I thought it was forced and awkward.

yes, that felt very bizarre...i know a few people who commented on that actually.

I thought it was quite obviously a body double. After reading some things on here though, maybe I'm wrong...I know GC is super pretty IRL, that body just didn't look like hers.

But why would they even use one? It's not like she has a problem with nudity. There are full on nudity photo's of her on the internet. We only see her in the manly armor in the show so we don't really get to see her body.

But why would they even use one? It's not like she has a problem with nudity. There are full on nudity photo's of her on the internet. We only see her in the manly armor in the show so we don't really get to see her body.

It was the angle they shot it at that made me really think it was a body double, I think...I guess I have to go back. That's why I said I think the forum changed my mind on it.

I found the whole Karstark situation so ridiculous, he should've been much more obviously drunk or something it's like he just randomly snapped with no previous really, and then the whole trial was painful I thought, and then HALF the army left... WHAT?

Although I had no problem with the Tyrion stuff, most of the darker side was all in his head iirc

I didn't really mind Loras hooking up, I mean how many months has it been since he last was with Renly? He's gonna get blueballs after awhile, and I have no idea how easy it is for homosexual people to hook up in a society where that sexuality is distained and perhaps outlawed, finding a single man in a such a society must has been quite a find for him.

But I agree about Olenna, I mean she was awesome the first 3 episodes, but if they're gonna spam scenes where she meets every intellectual person in King's Landing and own them everytime they're just gonna ruin her character, we could at least see her with her guards Left and Right.

I didn't like the baby jars thing either, that could have fitted in on maybe Lysa Arryn because she is already half-mental about her lost babies, but I can't see how Stannis could abide by her own wife having her stillborns in jar's in her own bedroom! Stannis is also showing alot of emotion when talking with his wife and daughter, I don't even know if there's a single scene in the book where he actually talks to her daughter or is in the same room with her, not sure if I actually like this new daddy Stannis or the Iron Stannis better.

Yes and the Karstark thing, I mean really? Karstark half the stark forces? What happend with the Mallisters, Flint, Cerwyn, Umber, White Harbor (forgot the house name), an many more? I mean does House Bolton really count for nothing compared to Karstark? Robb lost the war because he made a grievous error against House Frey and was dumb enough to walk into the trap of a madman, Karstark only added to the problem but it was nowhere this grievous. If Karstark is gonna represent half the north then the rest of the northern houses might aswell be useless.

And finally, Grey Worm, I imagined him looking about more a hardened warrior than a teenage boy, judging by all the Unsullied's bodies they all seem like very young men, I don't remember if they even had elder soldiers with them in the books.

Archived